My updated mock draft

Sorry Qbs and Big name OT`s are gone by our pick.

Then trade down. There are a lot of names getting kicked around at LT, DT, OLB, WR, DE in the first 2-3 rds that could fill some holes for us. If there's no one worthy of the pick, trade it to someone who needs it and get what you can. The worst thing you can do in the draft is reach.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Bulaga falls to us or we trade down, because everything else falls into place--you can take your NT second and BPA for the lines in RD3. If we're trying to grab a left tackle later on, it means pickings are slim. Starting off with your awesome 1-3 (which would make me do the Happy Dance):

Rd 1 Bulaga LT

Rd 2 Cam Thomas NT or Terrence Cody NT

RD 3 Washington LT

RD 4 Mardy Gilyard WRS Cincy or Ben Tate RB (or both, if I trade Lynch)

RD 5 Lindsey Witten OLB34 Connecticut

RD 6 Blair White WRF Michigan State

RD 6 Vince Oghobaase DE34 Duke

RD 7 Freddie Barnes WRF Bowling Green

RD 7 Zac Robinson QB Oklahoma State

Would you please stop supporting this misguided campaign to trade Lynch. You are unwittingly participating in this futile exercise of getting rid of a talent and then having to replace that same talent. If our OL gets bulked up Lynch would be a major beneficiary of that development.

You might want to also consider in the fourth round a wideout from Ohio, Price, who is an exceptional receiver from a mid-sized program. He might even be better and more durable than Gilyard.

I problem is everything I have read or heard is the morgan will not be a olb in a 3/4

brown is a great pick at 2

but joseph is a reach at 3

by round 4 who knows but I would be looking at right tackles Callaway , young , maybe fox slides something like that

If the tackles or gone or Buddy only sees them as right tackles this pick is going to be very interesting. I would be all for moving down but there has to be a player that someone wants to move up for.

jsut for kicks how about this

1 graham

2 cody althought looks like he is rising again maybe reach for thomas here we have to get a 3/4 n.t

3 fox

4 callaway

or you can

1 dan williams , although he is what buddy would call a 1 year wonder

2 brown or safford

3 dexter m

4 fox or callaway

I love it. At least you made some picks His picks are much better than yours. Williams is way overrated and Graham is Maybin

Rd 1 Derrick Morgan G.T. The staff knows him well. Our pass rushing OLB .

Rd 2 Charles Brown OT USC. Money Maybin remembers him.

Rd 3 Linval Joseph NT East Carolina Big Fast Strong.

Rd 4 Ben Tate Auburn Great production. Great Value pick. Yeah 3 backs Lynch could be traded. Where I don`t know. Player or pick.

thats stupid. why would we take another clone of maybin in the 1st round. im pretty sure they will take a tackle in the 1st unless bradford or clausen fall to 9.

I could live with this draft. Gets some talent at the LT, OLB, and NT positions that should be able to help eventually. I'm not looking to this draft for instant starters necessarily, so I think the goal is to get eventual starters at these positions. Hopefully at some point during the season, the LT can takeover, if not from the beginning. I think they have enough talent at OLB and along the line to allow the rookies there to platoon.

Are you serious with this post? :thumbsup: