Mike Lombardi- Bills are going nowhere with current QB's

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one thought the Vikings were one player away, either. And they almost did it with a 40-year-old with a bad arm. I think McNabb puts us into the postseason immediately.

I don't know where you get your info, but everyone I knew thought the Vikings were one player away, as long as it was a QB. That was a loaded team helmed by crappy QBs (prior to Favre) for several years. They were making the playoffs in spite of dreadful play from their QBs.

Really???? How come everyone is down on Hardy and labeling him a bust? The guy had a decent ROOKIE year. No rookie wide receiver does anything unless they are crazy fast (Desean Jackson).

Give the guy a non-injury starting season and see what he does. If he went to a good passing team this guy would be a force.

Yeah OK bud...I will have what you are smoking.

Hardy has done nothing so far, therefore he is a bust.

Did you think the Saints were more than a QB away when they got Brees? Did you think the Falcons were more than a QB away when they got Ryan? The Dolphins were 1-15 the year before they signed Pennington.

A significant upgrade at the most important position on the field can boost a team more than you're giving it credit for.

If you trade for McNabb, and draft a LT.....

You have 2 good RB's, a # 1 WR, a pro bowl QB....and a young, improving O-line.

The Bills have been 7-9 and 6-10 with Garbage at QB. They might be a McNabb away from being relevant again. Nobody is thinking they're 1 player away from the Super Bowl....but most of us would make the trade if it meant we would see the playoffs again. And once you get in, you just NEVER know. Ask the Jets. Ask the Ravens from 2008. Giants from 2007 and Steelers from 2005

Your examples of acquiring qbs to dramatically improve the team don't apply to the Bills and the McNabb issue. Drew Brees was a free agent and signed a contract with the Saints. He wanted to be there. He was very committed to the franchise and city. He demonstrated that by signing a relatively long term contract with the franchise. In addition, he is immensely better than McNabb is and he is younger, so there is going to be a longer term return with DB.

Your Matt Ryan analogy also doesn't hold water with the McNabb issue. Ryan was a tremendous prospect who was taken with the fourth pick by Atlanta. If the Bills were in position to draft Bradford or even Clausen ???? I would be for it. But that isn't the case with us drafting in the ninth spot.

The Jets moved up to get Sanchez. That was a smart move for them because they had a solid roster to begin with. Their OL, backfield and defense were all well developed compared to our expansion caliber roster. Joe Flacco also was added to a team with an excellent defense and a well developed OL. In both cases of these young qbs they had their struggles but there is no doubt that they will be very good qbs. How do these qbs relate to McNabb who is older, on the downside and may be available for only one year and has made it known that he doesn't want to be associated with the losing Bills?

McNabb will not be dealt to the Bills for the simple fact that it doesn't make sense for us and for him. The embarrassing Bills have made a number of decisions based on marketing and other considerations (contracts $$$) for a very long time. How has it worked out? The Bills ranked 29 out of 32 going into last year. The Bills have been out of the playoffs for 10 consecutive years and still counting.

The new front office under Nix needs to make decisions that will in the long run make us a relavent team again. I have confidence that he will and I'm confident that acquiring McNabb is not a transaction he is interested in.

Yeah OK bud...I will have what you are smoking.

Hardy has done nothing so far, therefore he is a bust.

Just an incredibly stupid comment.

Eric Moulds didn't do jack in his 1st two seasons, and that was without an acl tear to derail him. Was he a bust too?

Idiot!

:rolleyes:

I don't know where you get your info, but everyone I knew thought the Vikings were one player away, as long as it was a QB. That was a loaded team helmed by crappy QBs (prior to Favre) for several years. They were making the playoffs in spite of dreadful play from their QBs.

They went to the playoffs twice in the last 8 years before Favre came and missed them in 05,06 and 07.

We could do the same with McNabb I suppose. But I think the franchise amount for QBs is pretty high.

The Bills would not do the trade unless they get permission from the Eagles to do a contract extension for McNabb. As you said the Franchise tag for QBs are way too high for the Bills to risk such a move.