I Pledge Season Ticket Renewals for 3 Years

I am a little discouraged with the rumors that the Bills are looking to trade for McNabb.

From any outside observer, you can see this team has many holes. Just trying to patch a couple will just create more holes. This is the cycle we have seen for the past 10+ years. I feel the roster is at its weakest now... arguably worse than the 2002 squad... ESPECIALLY if Schobel retires.

they should be focusing on 3 years from now. draft picks in 09, 10, and 11 will be important, mcnabb will not.

Any player they do not see contributing in 3 seasons they need to dump off for whatever pick(s) they can get. Build off last year's successful draft, and hopefully good drafts in the next 2 with the odds of landing good players raised due to offloading players like Schobel, Parrish, etc. for picks. They may possibly be in a position to draft the top QB/Locker after next season. After that the Bills can fill in with FAs and trade for vets.

IMO this is the direction this organization needs to go now. I suspected that is what they were planning. I kind of dont want them to try to be good this season if it means trading assets that will help in 3 seasons. Now if the young core comes together early and they win a bunch of games next year Ill be thrilled. But if they stay the course and go 2-14 I will not be upset.

Im saying bring the full rebuild on. I will continue to renew my season tickets and buy as much merchandise as I would normally. This groundhog day scenario of below average teams followed by FAs walking and attempting to fill holes foolishly is what is going to suck my life out as a Bills fan.

"If we just take some time to rebuild this thing from the ground up, we'll be a legitimate playoff franchise in 3 years" -RayFinkle: February 14th, 2000

"Trade it, cut it, draft it, sign it, I don't care. Just get it done." - RayFinkle: March 25th, 2010

yeah, maybe I should just stop thinking and let go.

I have no control over it and just have faith that Nix, Whaley, Modrak, and Gailey really know what they are doing and will do what is right.

After watching the last 10 years it just seems so impossible.

yeah, maybe I should just stop thinking and let go.

I have no control over it and just have faith that Nix, Whaley, Modrak, and Gailey really know what they are doing and will do what is right.

After watching the last 10 years it just seems so impossible.

Oof, you just put your faith in Modrak. Nix? I can get behind. He's an excellent scout and his work helped in part to build the Chargers. Whaley? Same idea with the Steelers. Gailey? I can give him the benefit of the doubt. I mean...he's never really had a GOOD QB to work with, and yet often manages to get a decent offense going. And let's be honest, there's a large difference in the athleticism of say, Kordell Stewart as opposed to Jay Fiedler, yet he made it work with both of them.

But Modrak? Someone, anyone, give me a positive about this guy. I feel like he was only kept around because Ralphie would have died if he had to part with his entire inner circle at once, so Guy got the boot instead.

I disagree with you. There is a saying, "if its not broke dont fix it." Well guess what buddy, it (meaning the Bills) is BROKE!

We have tried your approach the last several seasons, and look how that turned out, 7-9 4 seasons in a row, and a 6-10 year. All with trying to draft young players and develope them.

You cant just draft young players, or just sign or trade for old vets. YOU HAVE TO USE BOTH, A BLEND, IF YOU WILL-OF BOTH!!!!

So if Mcnabb can be had for a 2nd rd pick, you make the DEAL!!!! I agree that you dont usually bring in 30 something qbs, but when you have not made the playoffs in TEN PLUS YEARS-its time for a change

BRING IN D.MCNABB-

I disagree with you. There is a saying, "if its not broke dont fix it." Well guess what buddy, it (meaning the Bills) is BROKE!

We have tried your approach the last several seasons, and look how that turned out, 7-9 4 seasons in a row, and a 6-10 year. All with trying to draft young players and develope them.

You cant just draft young players, or just sign or trade for old vets. YOU HAVE TO USE BOTH, A BLEND, IF YOU WILL-OF BOTH!!!!

So if Mcnabb can be had for a 2nd rd pick, you make the DEAL!!!! I agree that you dont usually bring in 30 something qbs, but when you have not made the playoffs in TEN PLUS YEARS-its time for a change

BRING IN D.MCNABB-

I think in the past 10 years we have definitely drafted players, but who have we developed? There's not many. I think they need to still look to the draft as the primary addition of talent and then focusing on developing those players. Not trading for aging vets or signing guys that don't fit what they're trying to do just to add talent that doesn't fit. McNabb doesn't even want to come here, so I really think it would be a bad idea to sign him and then let him walk after his contract expires. I also think it would be a bad idea to get him here and then break the bank trying to keep a 34 year old QB that really doesn't want to be here other than for the ridiculous money we throw at him. They need to get young guys in here that will turn into starters for us down the road.

I agree with you that Bills need to build through draft for the long run. However, trading for McNabb is worth serious consideration.

I agree the Bills are going to be in rebuild mode for at least another couple of years. However, they also need to develop a winning mentality while they rebuild, and a proven vet like McNabb could help instill some of that attitude while hopefully winning some games for the Bills in the process.

If the Bills gave up a 2nd or 3rd rounder for McNabb, I would be ok with that. The Bills 2nd and 3rd rounders the the past few years have been Jarius Byrd, Andy Levitre, James Hardy, Chris Ellis, Paul Pozluzny, Trent Edwards, Roscoe Parrish and Ashton Youboty. So if I were doing a straight up player trade, I would happily and readily give up Hardy, Ellis, Edwards, Parrish or Youboty for McNabb and figure I wasn't doing anything to hurt the long-term rebuilding process. (I'd even throw in former 1st rounder John McCargo for that matter). Using a 2nd or 3rd rounder for McNabb is less of a risk than picking a player out of college in the 2nd or 3rd round.

My big picture plan would be to bring McNabb in this year, hoping to get 2-3 solid years from him. Give Gailey a chance to really evaluate whether Edwards, Brohm or Fitz worth keeping. Pick up a mid to late round QB in the draft this year or in Rounds 1 or 2 next year to groom for a year or two for life after McNabb.

I am a little discouraged with the rumors that the Bills are looking to trade for McNabb.

From any outside observer, you can see this team has many holes. Just trying to patch a couple will just create more holes. This is the cycle we have seen for the past 10+ years. I feel the roster is at its weakest now... arguably worse than the 2002 squad... ESPECIALLY if Schobel retires.

they should be focusing on 3 years from now. draft picks in 09, 10, and 11 will be important, mcnabb will not.

Any player they do not see contributing in 3 seasons they need to dump off for whatever pick(s) they can get. Build off last year's successful draft, and hopefully good drafts in the next 2 with the odds of landing good players raised due to offloading players like Schobel, Parrish, etc. for picks. They may possibly be in a position to draft the top QB/Locker after next season. After that the Bills can fill in with FAs and trade for vets.

IMO this is the direction this organization needs to go now. I suspected that is what they were planning. I kind of dont want them to try to be good this season if it means trading assets that will help in 3 seasons. Now if the young core comes together early and they win a bunch of games next year Ill be thrilled. But if they stay the course and go 2-14 I will not be upset.

Im saying bring the full rebuild on. I will continue to renew my season tickets and buy as much merchandise as I would normally. This groundhog day scenario of below average teams followed by FAs walking and attempting to fill holes foolishly is what is going to suck my life out as a Bills fan.

You realize that anyone can start a rumor.