Ellis or Maybin at olb

I was looking up combine numbers and size, weight of these two. Maybin was 6-4 249 with a 4.78 40. Ellis was 6-4 263 with a 4.71 forty. Ellis was talked about dropping in the draft because of problems in school. Ellis is bigger and was alittle faster at the combine. Seeing Ellis in pre season and limited season play when not hurt doesn`t seem to get pushed around as much. Can he cover I dont know. This will be his last shot I fear. Poz no doubt will be at one of the olb spots.

I was looking up combine numbers and size, weight of these two. Maybin was 6-4 249 with a 4.78 40. Ellis was 6-4 263 with a 4.71 forty. Ellis was talked about dropping in the draft because of problems in school. Ellis is bigger and was alittle faster at the combine. Seeing Ellis in pre season and limited season play when not hurt doesn`t seem to get pushed around as much. Can he cover I dont know. This will be his last shot I fear. Poz no doubt will be at one of the olb spots.

No doubt about Poz? Gailey and commentators have stated that he will remain inside.

Ellis and Maybinot?

It reminds me of a Jim Carrey movie.

Bust and Buster.

He might be, but so is Poz and Andra Davis. If any of them are going to play outside I would assume it would be Mitchell, since that is where he has played in the past.

Yeah Poz played good at olb at penn state. I think Poz is faster and covers good . Mitch is older and with the injury is probably a little slower than he was.

Yeah Poz played good at olb at penn state. I think Poz is faster and covers good . Mitch is older and with the injury is probably a little slower than he was.

I don't think either of them are ideal as OLBs - Poz is too small and Mitchell isn't fast enough. Aside from the reasons they couldn't (I"m sure either would be able to pick it up in spot duty if necessary) I think the real point is they are bad fits outside and good fits inside. I could see them using Mitchell outside in obvious run situations though, especially since the pass rushing OLBs we have currently (and might get in the draft) will be kind of weak against the run (except Kelsey if he's still around of course).

The only reason Maybin saw time over Ellis last season was one of two reasons, or maybe a combination of both.

1- Dick Juaron and co proved they could not evaluate talent, having Maybin play over Ellis is another example of this

2- Maybin was a first round pick.

So yes your idea is plausible

The only reason Maybin saw time over Ellis last season was one of two reasons, or maybe a combination of both.

1- Dick Juaron and co proved they could not evaluate talent, having Maybin play over Ellis is another example of this

2- Maybin was a first round pick.

So yes your idea is plausible

Good point...

Unfortunately I see Maybin struggling...His physical attributes will not help him if he can't figure out how to read a misdirection play.

Hope he does learn how to play the position but my initial response last year when I watched him was, holy ****, this guy's not special...hopefully I'm wrong and he mentally prepares and studies hard instead of twitter tweeting during the off season. His career depends on it.

Unfortunately I see Maybin struggling...His physical attributes will not help him if he can't figure out how to read a misdirection play.

Hope he does learn how to play the position but my initialize response last year when I watched him was, holy ****, this guy's not special...hopefully I'm wrong and he mentally prepares and studies hard instead of twitter tweeting during the off season. His career depends on it.

I don't think it'll his primary responsibility to diagnose those plays anymore. They'll just turn him loose on the QB from different parts of the field. The problem with the cover 2 was that everyone had responsibility for the run game, whereas now there will be players plugging two gaps so other players can focus on rushing the QB. It;ll be more specialized.

I fear the OLB position for 2010 will be akin to what happened for the OL in 2009. They had an asinine plan in the first place, after getting rid of Peters, to switch Walker over to LT, then cut him before the season. And moving Butler out, before the injury of course, wasn't a great move either, and the injury only exacerbated that decision. They did at least invest wisely on the interior.

If they proceed with the current plan at OLB and again choose not to address the position in the draft like they ignored the Tackle position last year (hello, Oher), it will probably play out similarly at OLB this season. I have about 0% confidence that Maybin, Kelsay, Schobel (if he even returns) or Ellis is equipped to make the transition. And they really have nothing else behind that, other than maybe moving some inside guys out. That makes this a high priority in April.

C'mon Buddy, I know you're smarter than last years crew. At least build that D up with a NT and OLB. Sprinkle in a LT. Do this with our first 3 picks. We'll probably have to make due with what's on the roster at QB, but add your scatback and throw in a WR, and we can be well on the road to recovery if you can truly pick out "football" players as well as we think you can.

No idea why people are talking about where Mitchell is playing...

Andra Davis was signed as a replacement for Mitchell, who is going to be cut so the Bills don't have to pay his salary.

The issue right now is avoiding an injury settlement.

Yeah, and all the evidence for this is .... where?

No idea why people are talking about where Mitchell is playing...

Andra Davis was signed as a replacement for Mitchell, who is going to be cut so the Bills don't have to pay his salary.

The issue right now is avoiding an injury settlement.

where did we get this from???? Hope you are being sarcastic....

Yeah, and all the evidence for this is .... where?

Would you like Buddy or Jim Overdorf like to go on the record with a reporter to discuss this plan?

"Hey, Allen Wilson...Buddy Nix here. We're about to cut Kawicka Mitchell loose after the draft. Thought you'd like to know and publish it in the paper so it compromises our draft and gives his agent some evidence to pursue an injury settlement against the team. Thanks!"