2 NYS teams in NCAA Frozen 4 East Region

BuffaloBud

Cornell and RIT. Denver and New Hampshire other 2. Games in Albany.

(Shameless plug for alma mater - GO TIGERS!!)

The RIT game will be on ESPNU on Friday @3:00.

I am also a RIT grad. Finally, I get to root for a team in a Div 1 tournament. GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those that care, RIT upset #2 seed Denver 2-1. RIT held on for the win. They play tommorrow @ 6:30 on ESPNU either against Cornell or New Hampshire. It could be an all-NY regional final.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those that care, RIT upset #2 seed Denver 2-1. RIT held on for the win. They play tommorrow @ 6:30 on ESPNU either against Cornell or New Hampshire. It could be an all-NY regional final.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Tigers! I didn't think they'd pull it off. In my opinion, this is the most exciting playoff tournament in all sports- upsets abound, and the quality of play is fantastic.

Also, let's go Big Red! I can't stand UNH, kick their ass!

Shameless plug for Miami(OH)...I'm not an alumni, though.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2010032...+1+overall+seed

Justin Vaive, son of former NHL'er Rick Vaive, plays with Miami.

Let's Go Redhawks! My wife and I are Miami alums (hence my username). Hope they can get it done this year after pulling a "Buffalo" last year and choking away a 2 goal lead in the final minute of the National Championship game :D

And Wisconsin's backup goalie, Brett Bennett is from Buffalo. He was kicked off of BU's team before last season, so he missed out on the national title. Now he could win one with the Badgers.

Great job Tigers!!! Was a student when they won the D3 (or was it D2?) championship. Eww - that was a few years and grey hairs ago.

I was there for both the championships in '83 and '85. One of my best friends there was backup goalie on one of the teams. I think at my Dad's house there's still one of Burkholder's broken sticks I got after a game :ph34r:

Buddies from there have been sending emails back and forth - some are seriously considering making the road trip out out to Detroit...

BTW last night was watching a Hurricanes game and the announcer was talking about a player from Wisconsin and dropped an RIT reference - first time I had ever heard that on an NHL broadcast :w00t:

Go Tigers!