LET'S GO RED

I might disagree here. If Cornell wins, it might very well be because Kentucky lets it slide away. Coach Calipari has even admitted that one of his team's problems is that they have an annoying habit of underestimating seemingly easy opposition.

Kentucky starts three freshmen. Cornell starts four seniors, and has a couple more reliable seniors as their first guys off the bench. In terms of maturity and experience, the Big Red have a colossal advantage. But Kentucky has the same advantage in athleticism and pure basketball acumen. We'll see how it all plays out. The smart money is on Kentucky, but don't count out Cornell just yet. Even if they don't play the perfect game.

I would like their chances better if it were a 2nd round or Elite 8 game with only 1 day off. In this day of crazy media attention, UK is going to hear about how good Cornell is for the next 4 days. Plus Wall & Cousins probably don't want their future NBA teammates busting their balls about losing to Ivy Leaguers for the next 15 years. So I would say the chances of UK going half speed are small.

But yah Cornell is good enough to the point where it's not "must play perfect and they have to play lousy" scenerio for the upset to happen.