I want this guy...

He'd be good for some scary type game but that 40 time and strength for a guard make him a backup. So I say no.

:w00t: the 40 is pretty freaking irrelevant for any OL. Tell me how often does a lineman need to cover 40 yards on a play? If he does it means a long run, or a turnover.

For a lineman, the 10 yard dash is the most practical.

:w00t: the 40 is pretty freaking irrelevant for any OL. Tell me how often does a lineman need to cover 40 yards on a play? If he does it means a long run, or a turnover.

For a lineman, the 10 yard dash is the most practical.

I've actually done a lot of research on this kid and I really like his potential. He's a beast who dominaes his blocks...here's the catch, he tends to fire off the line too low when attempting to get to the second level and leans into his blocks which causes him to lose his balance pretty easily and ge shoved to the side by linebackers. However, this is something I deem to be very coachable....+ 10 on the good find! :w00t:

I've actually done a lot of research on this kid and I really like his potential. He's a beast who dominaes his blocks...here's the catch, he tends to fire off the line too low when attempting to get to the second level and leans into his blocks which causes him to lose his balance pretty easily and ge shoved to the side by linebackers. However, this is something I deem to be very coachable....+ 10 on the good find! :worthy:

if he is losing balance in the 2nd level, chances are that he has no leverage in the first level. You are right that it may be coachable. However, it could be a sign of back issues as well

if he is losing balance in the 2nd level, chances are that he has no leverage in the first level. You are right that it may be coachable. However, it could be a sign of back issues as well

Good point, but no. They say his initial explosion and contact is good, with a great punch. The reason he loses balance @ the second level is because he tends to lean too much into blocks....he gets his shoulders out in front of his hips because he comes out of his 3-point stance too low and doesn't get his head up and doesn't get his hips low enough... The issue wasn't so apparent during the season because the talent level of the opposing LB's. No mention of back issues, just really tall and needs to learn to get his head up and his hips low. Scouting reports also say when he does engage effectively at the second level he dominates blocks usually resulting in LB's on their asses. :worthy:

how about Tony Washington from abilene Christian, 6-6 330 lbs

Watched Tony Washington at the combine, both physically and in all the drills did not look out of place with the top five OTs- if no one had name tags I'd rate him fifth after Okung, Williams, Bulaga, Campbell ahead of Davis who didn't look good and Brown who didn't participate in a lot of the drlls- thought he'd be a steal in the 5th-4th where was rated at the time but of course everyone probably had the same reaction which will move him up to a 3rd-2nd where he won't be a steal.

Watched Tony Washington at the combine, both physically and in all the drills did not look out of place with the top five OTs- if no one had name tags I'd rate him fifth after Okung, Williams, Bulaga, Campbell ahead of Davis who didn't look good and Brown who didn't participate in a lot of the drlls- thought he'd be a steal in the 5th-4th where was rated at the time but of course everyone probably had the same reaction which will move him up to a 3rd-2nd where he won't be a steal.

well since he's a registered sex offender, cause he banged his sister, he may still be around later

I've actually done a lot of research on this kid and I really like his potential. He's a beast who dominaes his blocks...here's the catch, he tends to fire off the line too low when attempting to get to the second level and leans into his blocks which causes him to lose his balance pretty easily and ge shoved to the side by linebackers. However, this is something I deem to be very coachable....+ 10 on the good find! :rolleyes:

The other knock on Carter is his penalties--usually unsportsmanlike. Awesome tats, and eye black on game day. A little swagger for the Bills, if you're willing to get a 15 yarder now and then.

I've actually done a lot of research on this kid and I really like his potential. He's a beast who dominaes his blocks...here's the catch, he tends to fire off the line too low when attempting to get to the second level and leans into his blocks which causes him to lose his balance pretty easily and ge shoved to the side by linebackers. However, this is something I deem to be very coachable....+ 10 on the good find! :rolleyes:

Thanks...I saw him throughout the season a couple times, then drafted him in Madden. No I dont want to draft him because he is good in Madden, I put no thought into skill compared to Madden, like some do. However, when I did draft him, I decided to look him up and came up with that picture...

The other knock on Carter is his penalties--usually unsportsmanlike. Awesome tats, and eye black on game day. A little swagger for the Bills, if you're willing to get a 15 yarder now and then.

And this is why I like him and the picture of him. I think we could use a couple guys like this...he and Incognito would have really brought the toughness and the will to impose fear in defenders, to our offensive line.

I would take a chance on him and his penalties...that can be corrected, as can his stance/leverage and balance.

well since he's a registered sex offender, cause he banged his sister, he may still be around later

I was thinking the same thing.

Just say no to a guy who thinks banging his sister is a good idea. :rolleyes::D

I would rather have the face-painted bad-ass like this kid. Aggressive penalties i can live with. stupid ones i cannot.

Let's get him. This team needs someone with a little attitude. I don't care about an aggressive penalty now and then if it means we show some damn emotion. Kids looks fired up for pre-game.