Kelsay

Numark

Well now I have no respect for any of your opinions, wow do you watch the games are just drink?

Why in the world would you in the first place? And yes, "are just drink."

Also, Kelsay ran a 4.68 40 at the 2003 combine: Link.

While Schobel ran a 4.75 at the 2001 combine: Link.

Do those numbers mean much? Probably not, but don't try to act like Kelsay is the slowest kid on the block.

No where in my opinion. Hes too slow to play LB and too small to play DE in a 3-4

I always thought he would have been a fantastic 3-4 end.Jaurons version of the Tampa two, he needed to be lighter... If he can bulk up a little, I believe he wound be excellent in a rotation w Stroud, Edwards, Johnson,and even McCargo at end... I think well see both 3-4 and 4-3 fronts all year, so he is worth keping on the roster..

No where in my opinion. Hes too slow to play LB and too small to play DE in a 3-4

Bruce and Phil Hanson were both about the same size as Kelsayand played in a 3-4.. Kelsay had a good year last year. Let's let him come to camp and see who wins the competition. It's just foolish to make a sweeping statement like this. Buddy and Edwards know what they are doing. They'll make the right call.

The thing is, we are paying him a ridiculous amount of money. Anyone know what he is due to make this year?

There is no salary cap this year, so he doesn't cause us a money crunch. The guy is a decent player (not great, but decent) He will probably be in some kind of front seven rotation. I don't think we are going to have 4 DE's and 4 OLB's that are better than him. He is always good for at least a couple of strong plays per game. That being said, if we could get at least a 3rd round pick for him, I think we should trade him.

he should be traded for a pick-they need to do more of this in my opinion if they truly want to build through drafting

So how do you trade him with his high salary? His value is no better than a 5th or 6th. But why would anyone make that trade?

Teams know he is on the bubble with our switch to the 3-4 and they will be watching to pick him up on waivers for a much better deal.

Any team that gets him off of waivers is getting a steal. He is not that bad.

Also, Kelsay ran a 4.68 40 at the 2003 combine: Link.

And that was when he weighed 278. If he can return to his natural weight, he can probably play DE.

The story in the Buffalo News where they do not provide an actual quote not withstanding.

We would be lucky to get a 5th for him. Everyone knows he's average at best, and he doesn't fit our system, so it's not like he's in high demand.

And that was when he weighed 278. If he can return to his natural weight, he can probably play DE.

The story in the Buffalo News where they do not provide an actual quote not withstanding.

From the Buffalo News article linked above:

"Gailey said the Bills will switch starter Chris Kelsay from defensive end to outside linebacker. Second-year man Aaron Maybin and third-year man Chris Ellis will make that switch, as well. So will Aaron Schobel, if he does not retire."

Mark Gaughan paraphrased Chan Gailey. It's not a direct quote but it's as good as a quote, unless you think Gaughan made this up.