With the 9th pick .... Dan Williams

To whomever wants to discuss this: I was looking at a draft guide by the sporting News and it critiqued all the players chacteristics. I was amazed that a player named Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech received a final grade of 8.6 and in every category this player was given the most positive comments one could receive. He didn't receive any negative comments or noted weaknesses which is rare in their analyzation of a player! They mentioned that he would be an excellent rush linebacker in a 3-4 defense. I know DE isn't our highest priority in contrast to OLT, QB, & DT/NT, but I was

so impressed by what I read about him I underlined a good deal and became really interested in him as a player. He will

likely go high in the draft, but if he were there at pick #9 I am wondering if he is a player that could help our team? I also wondered if the Bill's coaching staff has interest him seeing that many of the coaches and assistants were part of Georgia

Tech??? I've never watched more than a few minutes of any of there games and am not too familiar otherwise with this player.

and in the Orange Bowl, he was DOMINATED by Bulaga when they were matched up.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and in the Orange Bowl, he was DOMINATED by Bulaga when they were matched up.

Thanks, don't watch too much college..didn't know that. Well maybe D. Morgan was superior mostly against inferior competiton then...I don't know. Maybe when confronted by your top tier comptetion he isn't as solid?

I'd like to see this. NTs are difficult to find. Get your big men early. Dan Williams is probably the best NT in the draft. At least that's the consensus of those who ostensibly know...

Interesting that the Sporting News has Williams as the #10 rated DT. That's not #10 overall best player in the draft, but 10th rated at his position. Guess they're not very high on him.

To whomever wants to discuss this: I was looking at a draft guide by the sporting News and it critiqued all the players chacteristics. I was amazed that a player named Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech received a final grade of 8.6 and in every category this player was given the most positive comments one could receive. He didn't receive any negative comments or noted weaknesses which is rare in their analyzation of a player! They mentioned that he would be an excellent rush linebacker in a 3-4 defense. I know DE isn't our highest priority in contrast to OLT, QB, & DT/NT, but I was

so impressed by what I read about him I underlined a good deal and became really interested in him as a player. He will

likely go high in the draft, but if he were there at pick #9 I am wondering if he is a player that could help our team? I also wondered if the Bill's coaching staff has interest him seeing that many of the coaches and assistants were part of Georgia

Tech??? I've never watched more than a few minutes of any of there games and am not too familiar otherwise with this player.

I think you're on to something here :worthy: