Bills at Appalachian State Pro Day

Beerball

Most salient point: ten NFL teams in attendance.

"The Baltimore Ravens, Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers, Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, Jacksonville Jaguars, Kansas City Chiefs, Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburgh Steelers and Washington Redskins were the NFL teams on hand..."

The question then becomes, what common needs do these teams have and which player might they be looking at?

edit: Upon further observation, all teams attending, except Kansas City are east coast teams.

Looking for the next Matt Stevens?

Wonder if Matt Stevens was in attendance?

Hey Norcal, maybe it was the time zone thing.

I liked the QB's quote - Edwards I think his name is - when asked which NFL team he would like to play for. "Beggars can't be choosers" he said.

He's got "Buffalo Bill" written all over him.

:doh:

True, but you know Armanti Edwars would probably become a fan favorite. Hell we loved Flip Johnson and Al Edwards. Maybe he could be Roscoe Parrish's replacement.

Wish we would have drafted Captain Munnerlyn last year, though.

Most salient point: ten NFL teams in attendance.

"The Baltimore Ravens, Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers, Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, Jacksonville Jaguars, Kansas City Chiefs, Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburgh Steelers and Washington Redskins were the NFL teams on hand..."

The question then becomes, what common needs do these teams have and which player might they be looking at?

edit: Upon further observation, all teams attending, except Kansas City are east coast teams.

The Lions would not qualify as an east coast team. And it may be worthwhile to note there are several east coast teams not there, including the rest of our division. That aside, I have to believe a lot more than geographical location has to be driving who is there and who is not. Every team employs scouts in every region. You were right the first time: there must be specific players each team is there for. Or, it could be that the decision makers for these NFL teams have a particular respect for the Appalachian State program.

Appalachian State Alum here.

Have watched Edwards play 100% of his college games, about 95% live.

One of, if not the most exciting players I have ever seen. People will make the comparison to Vick, but I see him as more of a Doug Flutie type. Most likely the best wildcat prospect in the draft.

Ran a mid to low 4.4 40 time yesterday and could be called more quick than fast.

IMHO worth a mid to late round shot. Is more than willing to give receiver, special teams a try.

Been called on more than one occasion, 1-aa's version of Tim Tebow.

You and I both know there will never be another Matt Stevens.

FWIW, Matt Stevens was projected as a mid first round pick until he tore up his knee (I think ACL) on Marshall's terrible Astroturf. Got drafted by Buffalo later that year, never fully regained his elite speed and spend a few years jumping from team to team.

After winning a Super Bowl in NE, he went to Houston, retired got in a bad motorcycle accident and is now quadriplegic.

Edwards is horribly overrated, but he can teach you plenty about water safety:

At the risk of sounding like a total homer, how can you possibly make the case that he is overrated? Underrated/under the radar sure, but overrated? Nope.

Appalachian State Alum here.

Have watched Edwards play 100% of his college games, about 95% live.

One of, if not the most exciting players I have ever seen. People will make the comparison to Vick, but I see him as more of a Doug Flutie type. Most likely the best wildcat prospect in the draft.

Ran a mid to low 4.4 40 time yesterday and could be called more quick than fast.

IMHO worth a mid to late round shot. Is more than willing to give receiver, special teams a try.

Been called on more than one occasion, 1-aa's version of Tim Tebow.

asu is a really nice school...love Boone..and they have a well respected football program in these parts...I bet buddy is familiar with it since he's a chattanooga guy. I'm not that familiar with these players but the bills used to make a living off small school finds.