Fitzpatrick

dailar

I know everyone is down on him but just watching him running out front for jackson he certainly has heart. you think if the bills address the O-Line we can actually stick with him next season? When given time he looks solid enough. No doubt I will get harrassed for this :thumbsup:

I know everyone is down on him but just watching him running out front for jackson he certainly has heart. you think if the bills address the O-Line we can actually stick with him next season? When given time he looks solid enough. No doubt I will get harrassed for this :thumbsup:

he is everything you look for in a backup qb

I agree he is a good backup for sure, starter not so much. Which would be great, except we need a starter and cant afford to use a roster spot on someone whom we know isnt the answer at QB. Trent, Brohm and a rookie would be better. Fitz should be the odd man out IMO.

I agree he is a good backup for sure, starter not so much. Which would be great, except we need a starter and cant afford to use a roster spot on someone whom we know isnt the answer at QB. Trent, Brohm and a rookie would be better. Fitz should be the odd man out IMO.

I don't get why people are more anxious to keep Trent over Fitz...Fitz is the guy who won the games last year. What did Trent do? Almost beat the Pats? Almost doesn't matter. Trent should be out.

I don't get why people are more anxious to keep Trent over Fitz...Fitz is the guy who won the games last year. What did Trent do? Almost beat the Pats? Almost doesn't matter. Trent should be out.

Because Trent is the better QB. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just in Bills-suck denial and looking for a scapegoat. Fitzpatrick won a single game for us on a single prayer that he threw down the field. He did not make another outstanding pass, and in fact, pretty much every ball he threw looked like a wounded duck. He was the recipient of a few lucky breaks which had nothing to do with QB play that allowed us to steal games we should not have won. Fitzpatrick is probably the worst professional QB I've ever seen play a down in my life. Does he have heart? It appears so. Does he have even a modicum of NFL caliber talent? No. And even a banged-up, concussed TE still post better per game statistics and a higher passer rating. So I'm really not sure why you even bother to ask such an inane and obvious question.

Because Trent is the better QB. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just in Bills-suck denial and looking for a scapegoat. Fitzpatrick won a single game for us on a single prayer that he threw down the field. He did not make another outstanding pass, and in fact, pretty much every ball he threw looked like a wounded duck. He was the recipient of a few lucky breaks which had nothing to do with QB play that allowed us to steal games we should not have won. Fitzpatrick is probably the worst professional QB I've ever seen play a down in my life. Does he have heart? It appears so. Does he have even a modicum of NFL caliber talent? No. And even a banged-up, concussed TE still post better per game statistics and a higher passer rating. So I'm really not sure why you even bother to ask such an inane and obvious question.

Thank you. Sadly, some people you just aren't going to be able to convince with logic.

Last season:

Trent: 6 TD 7 INT 1,169 yds 73.8 Rating

Fitz: 9TD 10 INT 1422 yds 69.7 Rating

pretty similar numbers. Difference is Fitz won 5 games to Trent's 1, Fitz doesn't get hurt as easily, Fitz can get out of sacks and actually looks like he enjoys playing the game. plus Trent's inability to run a complicated offense forced a pared down "pop warner" game plan that was ridiculously easy to defend.

neither player is a starter on a real football team. However if we are keeping one of these chumps as a back up, wouldn't you choose one that can memorize a plan and actually have the desire to play the game?

Guest dog14787

Although I like TE better than Fitz, Ryan Fitzpatrick has shown potential in my opinion. Fitzpatrick plays with allot of heart, has great wheels and decent arm strength. Fitz has also won 9 out of his last 12 football games.

Numbers don't lie, 9 out of 12 normally has your team headed towards the playoffs.

Wow....just....wow.

Trent Edwards is better than Ryan Fitzpatrick? Really?

I can't believe I just typed that.

No, he's simply not. Given that Edwards is possibly the worst QB to get more than 5 starts in the NFL in the last 10 years, that's really astonishing someone would type that and not be joking.

Wow.

First thing, Fitzpatrick was the first QB in many years to play in Buffalo weather like he actually had a clue (re: Colts game). And before we get into it wasn't the real Colts, I don't care if it was Lackawanna HS across from him - he was dropping back, completing passes, maintaining a friggin' grip on the ball and showing moxy in the weather. Unlike Edwards who runs to the sideline to hide under his blanky when it's under 45 degrees.

But beyond that, what evidence is there for what you typed here? Fitzpatrick completed more significant passes in his short time playing this year for the Bills than Edwards has in the past 2 years.

Really, what the *&*()! are you talking about here?

QUOTE (SouthGeorgiaBillsFan @ Mar 14 2010, 03:59 PM)

Wow....just....wow.

No, he's simply not. Given that Edwards is possibly the worst QB to get more than 5 starts in the NFL in the last 10 years, that's really astonishing someone would type that and not be joking.

Wow.

First thing, Fitzpatrick was the first QB in many years to play in Buffalo weather like he actually had a clue (re: Colts game). And before we get into it wasn't the real Colts, I don't care if it was Lackawanna HS across from him - he was dropping back, completing passes, maintaining a friggin' grip on the ball and showing moxy in the weather. Unlike Edwards who runs to the sideline to hide under his blanky when it's under 45 degrees.

But beyond that, what evidence is there for what you typed here? Fitzpatrick completed more significant passes in his short time playing this year for the Bills than Edwards has in the past 2 years.

You're both talking nonsense. 1st off, there have been a lot of QBs on the Bills worse than Fitzpatrick, including the whole league is just ridiculous. The 1st guy is either talking smack that he can't back up, or has only seen about 2 football games in his life. Now the 2nd one starts the cold weather nonsense & what does he justify it with-a game in the snow against the Colts bench players. Sorry, but it DOES matter when your QB is playing against scrubs. Even JP looked good when dropped to playing against minor league defenses.

You want to know what the real problem with starting either Edwards or Fitzpatrick is? It's that these guys aren't bad enough to not win between 5-7 games and cost us any shot of getting a real QB in the draft to replace these bums. The only hope on this roster is Brian Brohm-but not in the way his supporters believe. I really hope Brohm starts every game next year, because of the 3 QBs on the roster, he's the only one bad enough to get us a top 3 pick in next years draft & finally end this QB futility.

Wow....just....wow.

Wow.

you are Jack's raging colon. You get cancer, you kill Jack

First, the Bills need a line. Secondly, Fitz is a noodle armed journeyman benefitted from a deep bomb to TO and slightly better playcalling. The only reason Fitz may have looked better is that he is a tad more mobile and was able to run for his life a little more effectively behind the swiss cheese line that was in place.

To be fair, in the 6 games that Edwards started, he faced 3 playoff teams, in the 9 that Fitz started, he faced 3. So, one could easily guess that Edwards faced tougher challenges than Fitz, yet had better statistics.

You're both talking nonsense. 1st off, there have been a lot of QBs on the Bills worse than Fitzpatrick, including the whole league is just ridiculous. The 1st guy is either talking smack that he can't back up, or has only seen about 2 football games in his life. Now the 2nd one starts the cold weather nonsense & what does he justify it with-a game in the snow against the Colts bench players. Sorry, but it DOES matter when your QB is playing against scrubs. Even JP looked good when dropped to playing against minor league defenses.

You want to know what the real problem with starting either Edwards or Fitzpatrick is? It's that these guys aren't bad enough to not win between 5-7 games and cost us any shot of getting a real QB in the draft to replace these bums. The only hope on this roster is Brian Brohm-but not in the way his supporters believe. I really hope Brohm starts every game next year, because of the 3 QBs on the roster, he's the only one bad enough to get us a top 3 pick in next years draft & finally end this QB futility.

Well, point taken, sort of. The reason to me it DOES matter about the Colts is because let's face it - Edwards would have lost that game. When you can't pass the ball effectively in weather even if there are no defenders, there's not much hope you'll succeed is there?

My point was just that at least Fitz did what was expected there - we were playing nobodies, and anyone competent would have handed them their hat - which, guess what? - is exactly what Fitz did. If Edwards was playing, we could have lost the game 10 - 6.

To me, at this point Edwards is 3rd QB on this roster, and we only haven't cut him because we're waiting to see if we pick up a QB in the draft or through trade / free agency. Once that happens, he'll be cut, or will get beat out by the others in camp now that we have a legitimate offensive coach running the show.

you are Jack's raging colon. You get cancer, you kill Jack

First, the Bills need a line. Secondly, Fitz is a noodle armed journeyman benefitted from a deep bomb to TO and slightly better playcalling. The only reason Fitz may have looked better is that he is a tad more mobile and was able to run for his life a little more effectively behind the swiss cheese line that was in place.

To be fair, in the 6 games that Edwards started, he faced 3 playoff teams, in the 9 that Fitz started, he faced 3. So, one could easily guess that Edwards faced tougher challenges than Fitz, yet had better statistics.

really....really he sure looked good palyin in cincy behind a good line(by far better than ours) he's not a bum.plays with heart and has a winner mentality he does not blame any body and is accountable for his ACTIONS. I'll take that any day over trent.

also with his big head I'm sure he can play after a concussion. go fitz (for this year, 2010)..I'm not down with drafting a qb this year.

Last season:

Trent: 6 TD 7 INT 1,169 yds 73.8 Rating

Fitz: 9TD 10 INT 1422 yds 69.7 Rating

pretty similar numbers. Difference is Fitz won 5 games to Trent's 1, Fitz doesn't get hurt as easily, Fitz can get out of sacks and actually looks like he enjoys playing the game. plus Trent's inability to run a complicated offense forced a pared down "pop warner" game plan that was ridiculously easy to defend.

neither player is a starter on a real football team. However if we are keeping one of these chumps as a back up, wouldn't you choose ne that can memorize a plan and actually have the desire to play the game?

You know it's the off season and your team is really bad when your arguing over 2nd and 3rd string QBS :thumbsup:

Well, point taken, sort of. The reason to me it DOES matter about the Colts is because let's face it - Edwards would have lost that game. When you can't pass the ball effectively in weather even if there are no defenders, there's not much hope you'll succeed is there?

My point was just that at least Fitz did what was expected there - we were playing nobodies, and anyone competent would have handed them their hat - which, guess what? - is exactly what Fitz did. If Edwards was playing, we could have lost the game 10 - 6.

To me, at this point Edwards is 3rd QB on this roster, and we only haven't cut him because we're waiting to see if we pick up a QB in the draft or through trade / free agency. Once that happens, he'll be cut, or will get beat out by the others in camp now that we have a legitimate offensive coach running the show.

Edwards wouldn't have lost the game-just look at what he did in bad weather against Miami the year they were 1-15. The team the Colts fielded the last 3 quarters was the equivalent of that Miami team. The Bills would have even won the game with Gibran Hamdan. Indy was totally in the tank. Just remember Painter was on the other side of the field.

Edwards is either going to be the starter or off the team this year. There's no way he can be the 2nd stringer in his final year, just look at how badly it worked out for JP. If the Bills bring in anyone in the draft or FA, Trent is history, but that's only 50-50. Depth chart is either TBD Fitzpatrick, Brohm; Fitzpatrick, Brohm, TBD; Brohm, Fitzpatrick, TBD; or Edwards, Fitzpatrick, Brohm or TBD. Chances are if we draft a mid-late round project, Brohm & him will be battling it out for 3rd string only, with the loser ending up on the practice squad.

Fitzpatrick does not have the tools to win consistently in the NFL.

I think he was an inept signing by an inept front office. I don't question his heart, but I he does not have what it takes.

We could certainly upgrade.

Oh, I see that Philly has now signed Jeff Garcia.

I'm all for a guy having heart, but point blank-He's not good enough to be a starter in the NFL.

Bad take. You need some sort of veteren whether he's a starter or a backup. The Bills would be a DEAD TEAM WALKING if they draft a QB, with Trent and Brohm...I don't like that take, thats not a very good take!