Our D could be Killer

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Kennedy isn't coming and there is still a great possibility that Schobel retires. There are so many question marks on this team with this new defense that I find it hard to say that our defense will be killer. I think this defense is going to get killed.

I personally think that McKelvin may be a bust as a lock down corner. He has looked average at best when healthy in one on one coverage. But we are set at three of the four DB spots. CB in the 3 4 defense must be lock down corners

At LB, I think Schobel retires, and Maybin will still be a bust. Poz and Mitchell have shown me nothing but average play since they arrived. We need to draft a stud LB.

The defensive line can't stop the run. The Bills need a big run stopper in the middle and the LB's need to fill the lanes. They are not going to fill any of these holes through free agency and the offense has too many holes a LT, WR and QB, so I don't think we are going to get a stud DT or LB in this draft.

Gailey is basically the offensive coordinator, so he is going to start by fixing the offense.

This defense is going to struggle big time next year. This defense will get little help in the draft because Gailey will concentrate on building an offense. I will go out on a limb and say that our first two picks will be offensive players.

Well Kennedy isn't coming and there is still a great possibility that Schobel retires. There are so many question marks on this team with this new defense that I find it hard to say that our defense will be killer. I think this defense is going to get killed.

I personally think that McKelvin may be a bust as a lock down corner. He has looked average at best when healthy in one on one coverage. But we are set at three of the four DB spots. CB in the 3 4 defense must be lock down corners

At LB, I think Schobel retires, and Maybin will still be a bust. Poz and Mitchell have shown me nothing but average play since they arrived. We need to draft a stud LB.

The defensive line can't stop the run. The Bills need a big run stopper in the middle and the LB's need to fill the lanes. They are not going to fill any of these holes through free agency and the offense has too many holes a LT, WR and QB, so I don't think we are going to get a stud DT or LB in this draft.

Gailey is basically the offensive coordinator, so he is going to start by fixing the offense.

This defense is going to struggle big time next year. This defense will get little help in the draft because Gailey will concentrate on building an offense. I will go out on a limb and say that our first two picks will be offensive players.

This is true - which is why the early decision to scrap the 4-3 and switch to a 3-4 where none of the front 7 need to switch positions is a really stupid decison and makes zero sense if you are trying to improve the product on the field-

unless of course it is being used as a smokescreen to gut the team of its bloated contracts on the defensive side of the ball

This is true - which is why the early decision to scrap the 4-3 and switch to a 3-4 where none of the front 7 need to switch positions is a really stupid decison and makes zero sense if you are trying to improve the product on the field-

unless of course it is being used as a smokescreen to gut the team of its bloated contracts on the defensive side of the ball

I think the 3-4 is the way to go so you need to be radical some time. Gutting the team really is the only answer. Their QB of the future may be with a high pick ... in next years draft ,as they try to build 3-4 defenders this year.

I'm usually negative about the Bills, because they are awful. However! I see a ray of light in the 3-4 if we can get Kennedy and draft a Fat NT.

Here's my dream:

ROLB Schobel

LOLB Maybin

MLB Mitchell

MLB Poz

DE Stroud

DE Kennedy

DT Fat Draftee (Cody?)

That set up could be killer. Seriously.

Dude, what are you smoking? Schobel might not play and is likely too slow to play olb. Maybin is a joke, total question mark. Mitchell is below average. Poz is maybe slightly above average. Stroud is average to slightly above average. This is your dream?

who needs defense when chan the man is orchestrating an offense putting up 40 pts every week?

assuming we get an lt, wr, qb, etc... :thumbsup: