Has anyone here tried DMT?

Mr. Dink

The hallucinogen or the steroid?

I have no knowledge of the steroid and, surprisingly no personal knowledge of the hallucinogen.

I can't advise you, really. But I wouldn't take the steroid. I'd probably take the hallucinogen a few seconds after it was offered. But hey, that's me.

Kind of...synthesized an analogue and made it diethyl instead on dimethyl. That was long time ago....similar effects.

Kind of...synthesized an analogue and made it diethyl instead on dimethyl. That was long time ago....similar effects.

Flashback?

The biggest concern with hallucinogenics is that if you go in for surgery you can experience a flashback while under anesthesia. When I worked in the operating center I remember an anesthesiologist getting really p.o'd when he found out the patient had done acid.

The biggest concern with hallucinogenics is that if you go in for surgery you can experience a flashback while under anesthesia. When I worked in the operating center I remember an anesthesiologist getting really p.o'd when he found out the patient had done acid.

I think anesthesia can cause flashbacks in patients who never took hallucinogens, too.

I think anesthesia can cause flashbacks in patients who never took hallucinogens, too.

I don't think they'd be considered flashbacks but yes there are problems for anyone but you greatly increase the odds by doing hallucinogenics. I've done acid before so I'm not exempt, but the more you do it the worse your chances are. Bucking and jerking around during an operation isn't recommended for anyone. If you go in for surgery let them know you've done acid so if something does happen they won't be mystified.

Can you send me a link where this has been documented in a reputable journal? I am not denying this may be true but I have not found any studies (epidemiological or retrospective) in journals that I search through. I have seen a correspondence in the Canadian Journal of Anesthesia (1995, 42(2), p 177) that pertained to hallucinations under anesthesia with a past history of LSD use but the author questions whether these two are correlated since it does not appear there is any data to corroborate this.

Can you send me a link where this has been documented in a reputable journal? I am not denying this may be true but I have not found any studies (epidemiological or retrospective) in journals that I search through. I have seen a correspondence in the Canadian Journal of Anesthesia (1995, 42(2), p 177) that pertained to hallucinations under anesthesia with a past history of LSD use but the author questions whether these two are correlated since it does not appear there is any data to corroborate this.

I share your skepticism. I actually talked to a surgeon friend and an anesthesiologist friend and they both said patients sometimes have "flashbacks" under anesthesia. But these flashbacks are sometimes pain flashbacks, traumatic event flashbacks, etc.

If I had to guess (and I do), I think they are just extra cautious and considering liability. For the most part, I don't really think previous use of hallucinogens contributes any serious risk while under anesthesia.

From this man's perspective, that possibility wouldn't influence my behavior. I think careful, occasional and recreational use of hallucinogens is a positive influence. But hey, that's me.