Bills line up meeting with C.J. Spiller

bobcat

If Spiller falls to the third round, I take him...hehehehehe...or maybe the fourth...then yeah it's a lock...hehehehe

RB's are a dime a dozen...I don't think ANY RB is worth a top ten pick...you have a bad azz line and they make any back look great...(see Denver Broncos)...I feel the same way about all the skill positions...OLine makes QB's RB's so much better...average ones look good....good ones look great...and great ones make OLinemen look good (see Barry Sanders)...sure Spiller has what it takes...but would you bank he's the next Barry Sanders?...Reggie Bush can't make lines look better...they have three probowlers and he's still not an every game back....so that's not good enough...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree that RB is "not a need" for the Bills. Yes, Fred Jackson had a special season, but he is about 30, when

many RBs fall off a cliff and the Bills may also be trying to move Marshawn Lynch.

I'd be disappointed if they WEREN'T looking at all the top players coming out, regardless of position.

YAY! a sensible reply! Except I really hope we don't get rid of Marshawn.

Don't get me wrong, I love Freddy, and I know he doesn't have the same type of NFL mileage as most backs his age, but he is not a long-term answer. He has maybe one more good year left.

Basically, Freddy had ONE really good season, and Marshawn had ONE off year. For those who forgot, Marshawn was an animal in 2007 and 2008. I think he can be coached up to a Pro Bowler again. We can't afford to trade him while we're rebuilding.

I would prefer an LT, NT, or QB at #9, but if Nix thinks Spiller is a can't-miss talent, then I'd be happy with the prospect of maybe the best RB tandem in the league for YEARS to come. Especially with Gailey primed to run the ball down the opposition's throat.

we are so hungry for talent that we could justify any "best available player"....

PRO: would be an All-Purpose player contributing heavily on special teams like Joshua Cribbs (Cle). Is being compared to Chris Johnson RB Titans.

CON: we need a LT more !!....both Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson went to teams that already had very good O-lines.

nothing....and i mean NOTHING !! good is gonna happen until we fix the O-line.