Richie Incognito fans, is there a reason no teams want him yet?

This is the latest

Richie Incognito-G- Bills Mar. 8 - 9:30 am et

Rams GM Billy Devaney denied that they have any interest in bringing free agent G/C Richie Incognito back.

Incognito's inability to control his temper on the field led to his release and the Rams are moving on. "There is the 90 to 95 percent of Richie that is outstanding," Devaney said. "It’s the other 5 or 10 when the dark Richie kicks in and it becomes a problem."

Source: St. Louis Globe-Democrat

Related: Rams

The front office knows more than you do, accept it. If it was really stupid for them not to tender him then you'd think he would have attracted a lot of interest by now, but he hasn't.

As much as they know, I still would have liked to see him back. Our offensive line had so many ridiculous injuries last year that they could definitely afford to stockpile some veteran players. He could headbutt the opposing coach for all I care...as long as he stays healthy, I'd want to see him on the Bills' line.

If he has no FA visits lined-up, the Bills could re-sign him for the veteran minimum, which would be half of what his tender would have been.

If that's the case not only could we get him cheap, he's likely to be on his best behavior for fear of finding himself in the unemployment line.

If that's the case not only could we get him cheap, he's likely to be on his best behavior for fear of finding himself in the unemployment line.

yeah, until the "the dark Richie kicks in" :thumbsup:

This is the latest

Rams GM Billy Devaney denied that they have any interest in bringing free agent G/C Richie Incognito back.

Incognito's inability to control his temper on the field led to his release and the Rams are moving on. "There is the 90 to 95 percent of Richie that is outstanding," Devaney said. "It’s the other 5 or 10 when the dark Richie kicks in and it becomes a problem."

The front office knows more than you do, accept it. If it was really stupid for them not to tender him then you'd think he would have attracted a lot of interest by now, but he hasn't.

The same FO that just brought in a ****ty, 34 year old OT that no one else wanted for 3 mill a year??????

The point is a lot of teams could probably get him cheap but aren't interested in bringing him in yet. So many people here have been biotching about not re-signing him being a sure sign of stupidity in the front office, but it appears that stupidity extends to 31 other teams at this time. He will probably sign with another team before the season but I think he may have to take some anger management classes or find out if he's bi-polar or something else that can lead to fits of anger. (I'm bi-polar but on meds that even me out.) If he can bury the bad Richie he could become a very important part of a team. JMO

Just because a team could sign him cheap doesn't mean they should sign him at all. Evidently he's more trouble than he's worth at any price right now.

So stop biotching about what a mistake it is to not re-sign him. :thumbsup:

The same FO that just brought in a ****ty, 34 year old OT that no one else wanted for 3 mill a year??????

The contract averages $3M/year, but he'll likely make a couple mill this season and then be gone. And the amount doesn't matter anyway, since it's an uncapped year.

The point is a lot of teams could probably get him cheap but aren't interested in bringing him in yet. So many people here have been biotching about not re-signing him being a sure sign of stupidity in the front office, but it appears that stupidity extends to 31 other teams at this time. He will probably sign with another team before the season but I think he may have to take some anger management classes or find out if he's bi-polar or something else that can lead to fits of anger. (I'm bi-polar but on meds that even me out.) If he can bury the bad Richie he could become a very important part of a team. JMO

Just because a team could sign him cheap doesn't mean they should sign him at all. Evidently he's more trouble than he's worth at any price right now.

So stop biotching about what a mistake it is to not re-sign him. :thumbsup:

And a lot of teams aren't nearly as thin on the offensive line as the Bills. Probably no other team is nearly as unsettled, untalented, and desperate at OL as the Bills.

So yes, there may be many reasons why other teams aren't taking a chance on the guy yet. Good reasons, for teams in a better situation than we are.

None of them are applicable to the Bills.

The contract averages $3M/year, but he'll likely make a couple mill this season and then be gone. And the amount doesn't matter anyway, since it's an uncapped year.

Wait, I just read a whole bunch of posts saying what a great front office we have because we didn't overpay to sign anyone who is actually good.

Now you tell me that it doesn't matter that they overpay for garbage?

And a lot of teams aren't nearly as thin on the offensive line as the Bills. Probably no other team is nearly as unsettled, untalented, and desperate at OL as the Bills.

So yes, there may be many reasons why other teams aren't taking a chance on the guy yet. Good reasons, for teams in a better situation than we are.

So it's your belief that there are no teams who need a very good guard other than the Bills. I say very good because that's what a lot of people believe about him. I agree that he's above average but I also believe there are a lot of teams out there who would sign him if he didn't have the emotional problems. JMO

Wait, every team in the NFL is settled on O-line, hence the reason Incognito doesn't have any FA visits lined-up? Really?

Wait, I just read a whole bunch of posts saying what a great front office we have because we didn't overpay to sign anyone who is actually good.

Now you tell me that it doesn't matter that they overpay for garbage?

I didn't tell you the first part (and as an aside, I love the "so-and-so said this or that but YOU are now saying..." :wallbash:). And there's a huge difference between giving a guy a 5-year $43M contract and a 3-year $9M contract.

This is the latest

So the Bills let walk a guy who is "90-95% outstanding"?

Yeah, wouldn't want a single guy on the team like that!

So the Bills let walk a guy who is "90-95% outstanding"?

Yeah, wouldn't want a single guy on the team like that!

niether does anyone else apparently.

Exactly, people keep making excuses for him. Even when it's obvious nobody else is running out to meet with him they still make excuses for him. Geez, people need to admit he's not what they believe he is.