Are the Bills Conceding 2010 For a High 2011 Draft Pick?

2 Questions:  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the Bills are foregoing 2010 for 2011?

• A) Yes.
    • B) No.
  2. 2. Do you think throwing 2010 is a good Idea?

• A) Yes
    • B) No

I think they are, but I don't know if they realize it or not. If they were conceding 2010 on purpose, they'd probably have ditched guys like Kelsay & Whitner already. Also, they'd probably be bringing in free agents in their 20s, not their 30s.

One high pick can turn a franchise around for a decade. See Bruce Smith, John Elway. They also might be looking at spending big in 2011 free agency should another CBA be signed.

Go Bills!

I like all the chicken littles around here. If we went 6-10 or 7-9 with a worthless play not to lose coach. I believe we should be +3 with a coach who knows how to play to the players strength instead of playing the players to the system. Does that mean I feel we will be a playoff team next year probably not but 9-7 is certainly better then years past and depending on how they fill the holes not to much has changed from last years roster to this thus far.

Whos gone TO didnt do much wasnt a game changer can easily be replaced.

Josh Reed Im almost positve you can find some one to give us his exactt production or more. I believe Steve would be a great replacement for him anyway.

Butler retiring and didnt play last year at all an for me personally glad hes gone did not think he was that good.

IF these are the three mainstays that are gone how can we be worse? How can we be throwing the season on purpose. Almost anything we do this year can be considered an upgrade for the most part.

I don want the langstons and dockery;s Im glad they are taking their time in the Free agency. Mainly we need depth players. anyway with a coulple of starters we could upgrade but at a resonable price would be better then overpaying them.

The major pieces we need is LT/NT/LB and depth players. whcih could all be an upgrade over the previous season.

So once again I would have to say NO they are not conceding this upcoming season at all. My oremature standing for next season is 9-7 which is an improvment not a decline.

I don't think they are conceding the 2010 season, but Nix and his staff know that they cannot possibly fix every roster deficiency on this team in one season.

Also, yes, the Bills would be better off going 3-13 in 2010 and entering the Locker/Mallett lottery than overachieving to another 7-9 season.

I like all the chicken littles around here. If we went 6-10 or 7-9 with a worthless play not to lose coach. I believe we should be +3 with a coach who knows how to play to the players strength instead of playing the players to the system.

Playing for a coach that plays not to lose helped this team, which is bereft of talent, overachieve. Last year's passive defense, abnormally high interception rate, and dink and dunk offense, allowed one of the ugliest offensive seasonal performances we've ever seen to stay in games. They even won a few they had no business winning. With a completely new coaching staff and system, you'll see a decrease in wins before any actual improvement to this team. But this is necessary.

The major pieces we need is LT/NT/LB and depth players. whcih could all be an upgrade over the previous season.

You forgot RT and QB. We also could use upgrades at center and wide receiver.

Whos gone TO didnt do much wasnt a game changer can easily be replaced.

Easily replaced? By who? He was our leading receiver last year. Everybody had down years and didn't do much because our o-line and QB situation was so unsettled, but out of all the receivers who had a down year, his was the best. I wasn't always happy with his lack of effort on certain occasions, but he definitely had an impact, and I would've been fine having him back for one more year. I don't think he's as easily replaceable as you might think/

I think it's more of a question of "Does Nix/Gailey/Co. think we can realistically rebuild/compete this coming year?"...

You never know...but why over-spend on FA, reach for draft picks, etc..when we could put out a competitive team in two years...

Imagine how much better we could be if we plan our draft this year with the notion that we DONT have to fill all holes and can look to 2011.

Bottomline, I believe everyone at OBD wants to win and whatever plays out this offseason and year is what I will believe was the best practical scenario.

One of the definitions of concede is "to surrender".

If this GM and coach are surrendering or giving an entire season up 5-6 months before it has even began for a draft pick NEXT YEAR, you are utterly and foolishly out of your god forsaken mind.

While they may not consider themselves Super Bowl frontrunners, I am certain they are doing everything in their power to win as many games as possible and build on from that. To flush a season down the toilet (especially their first season) is out of the question in any sport at any time. These players (most of them at least) have pride and are incomparably competitive. What do you think is the difference between all those guys who work out at the NFL combine that are separated by split seconds of time? The ones who have something to prove, work harder, and are ultra-competitive make it to the next level. If you think you are going to find a team at that level willing to lay down (and possibly jeopardize their careers) you are a fool. There may be a player or two, and those guys are out of the league in a year.

I find this topic hilarious.