Top 50 Free Agents listed by "Tiers."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Players that I think we should look at that could help us...(WR - Chris Chambers, who is not listed.)

C - Kevin Mawae

RB - Kevin Faulk

TE - Ben Watson

OLB - Scott Fujita

DE - Jarvis Green (Broncos interested)

OG - Bobbie Williams (In talks with Cincinnati)

NT - Bryan Robinson

OLB - Chike Okeafor

OG - Stephen Neal (Resigned by New England)

DE - Dwan Edwards

DE - Marques Douglas

MLB - Larry Foote (Redskins interested in Foote for new 3-4 MLB, also visiting Arizona)

*(EDITED)

Who ya want?

Ill take everyone on your list.

Huh?

So, I did alright then?

I know some of them are on the wrong side of 30, and a couple are on the wrong side of 35. However, I think that is exactly what this young team needs for a year or two...and to think, we are only going to get younger in a couple months.

C - Kevin Mawae (would be an upgrade over Hangartner, who would become a quality backup. Mawae could REALLY help the development of Wood, Levitre, Bell, Meredith and my sleeper, Jason Watkins.)

RB - Kevin Faulk (his play, attitude, passion and leadership speak for itself. so does the fact he has played for NE for years...could provide QUALITY information and play with a little chip on his shoulder.)

TE - Ben Watson (see above. also see our depth chart and the MAJOR improvement at the TE position this would help solidify for the next 3-4 years while Nelson comes into his own.)

OLB - Scott Fujita (see his Super Bowl ring. he is a GREAT leader and can still play the OLB in a 3-4...his leadership and knowledge would help our younger LB's through the transition to our new 3-4 scheme.)

DE - Jarvis Green (see Faulk and Watson. We also have a need for quality 3-4 DE's. he is another guy who has been around the scheme long enough and would be able to help our DE's along with the 3-4 transition.)

OG - Bobbie Williams (paying no attention to age, he would provide an upgrade over Incognito in my opinion. he would be a quality veteran on the offensive line to help with the younger linemen and our probable draft pick.)

NT - Bryan Robinson (a good, starting nose tackle of the Super Bowl Cardinals. he would really help, if not close a gap, temporary fill it in. just another guy to help the transition be a little smoother.)

OLB - Chike Okeafor (a good, starting outside linebacker/defensive end for the Super Bowl Cardinals. again, another veteran that would help get our 3-4 scheme installed.)

OG - Stephen Neal (starting lineman of the 3x super bowl champion Patriots. former amateur wrestler. 151-10 record, won the 1999 NCAA championship over Brock Lesnar. just failed to qualify for 2000 Olympics. he has started 73 of the 78 games he has played in. although 33, he is a good veteran guy who can play multiply positions.)

DE - Dwan Edwards (former 2nd round pick, 28 years old, starting defensive end of an ELITE Defense. he could be a key-cog on our defensive line for 3-4 years. Edwards with Stroud on the other side, and S. Johnson in the rotation.) {He had Spinal Fusion surgery or something like that a few years ago. I don't know how I feel about that.}

DE - Marques Douglas (Mike Nolan brought Douglas to the 49ers to help adjust to the 3-4. his 41.5 tackles-for-loss from 03-08 are 3rd-most in the NFL behind Pat Williams 49 and Lance Briggs 44.5. he was a big part of the Ravens defense when it was the best in the league. played on Rex Ryan's Jets Defense last year.)

MLB - Larry Foote (29 years old. integral part of Steelers defense the last few years, including 2 Super Bowl wins. he is the perfect fit for a middle linebacker in the 3-4, has played in it and would help Poz a lot. they say that's all he can play.)

* BOLD ARE MY TOP 5*

Players that I think we should look at that could help us...(WR - Chris Chambers, who is not listed.)

C - Kevin Mawae

RB - Kevin Faulk

TE - Ben Watson

OLB - Scott Fujita

NT - Bryan Robinson

OLB - Chike Okeafor

DE - Dwan Edwards

DE - Marques Douglas

MLB - Larry Foote (Redskins interested in Foote for new 3-4 MLB, also visiting Arizona)

*(EDITED)

Who ya want?

Larry foote. I'd like to think we would have a shot at him with whaley on board.

I agree the Bill probably won't sign any of these players because it makes to much sense.

Watson/Foote and Green would be a good start.Then add Jamal Williams and a vet reciever.The way it is going now they will all be gone soon...many other teams haven't done anything yet...and those players wont be around much longer...I will be pissed if Jamal Williams ends up in Miami

C - Kevin Mawae

RB - Kevin Faulk

TE - Ben Watson

OLB - Scott Fujita

NT - Bryan Robinson

OLB - Chike Okeafor

DE - Dwan Edwards

DE - Marques Douglas

*(EDITED)

Who ya want?

Foote and Green for sure . Solid players from winning organizations that play the scheme we are putting in. Chuck Knox rebuilt the Bills by bringing in players of this ilk.

None. In this uncapped year, there are no quality UFA under the age of 30 (besides Karlos Dansby). Most of those guys would be on the downslope or gone by the time this team has rebuilt enough to contend.

I'd take Stephen Neal. Interior offensive linemen age differently. But New England was always going to re-sign him.