why we suck

Pete

"You miss pizza and wings more then your friends and family?" My tongue was firmly in cheek.

"And equating football to heart surgery is asinine" I was not equating the two, I was however equating your ability to perform heart surgery and your ability to evaluate football. your a fan.

Thanks for driving home my point about negativity.

99% of this board went crazy when we selected Whitner over Ngata. Same when we drafted Erik Flowers. Same when we drafted McCargo....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

....ever.

Exactly my point....had we drafted Ngata 99% of the board would have hated it.

I am not saying the track record is good, but this is a new regime, and they are clearly doing taking a different approach than the regimes of the past decade. They all know more about this than we do, Give them a chance to fail before declaring them failures.

And by the way, comparing us to the Nets is truly asinine. We are maybe in the bottom ten percent of pro sports franchises, but we are better than the Raiders, Royals, Nationals, Nets, and the like. Seriously I like your 'travel" quote and want to like you based on it, but.....

board knows more then front office exhibit 1

exhibit 2

and this is great reading- proof positive that most of TBD knows more then the ass clowns that have been running this team

here is the official 2006 draft thread when we drafted Whitner

I don't make sh__ up

More people wanted Bunkly than Ngata according to your first link, he of 124 total takles and 6 sacks in 4 seasons, although the Eagles were 9th in run defense last year

second link started with Ngata as the predicted pick, thats it.

third link was a Ngata thread with plenty of love for him but also plenty of skeptics as well.

TALK ABOUT MAKING SH_T UP.

put the shovel down, you are burying yourself.

And 99% would have been wrong. That's why we have a FO that's supposed to know more than us doinks. All we can do is trust Buddy to turn this thing around.

I am with you man, i am just trying to talk peeps down off the ledge.

And lori, I just went through the link you posted for Pete, and it has some love for Ngata, but more for d'brick and bunkley. again, Donte was a reach and at the time there were a lot guys left on the board that I wanted more.

Again though, this is a different regime. Weather we like it or not, reality is it's a clean slate.

99% outrage when we drafted Whitner

Based on what I saw in the Jim Kelly Club that day, that might have been pretty close, once the stunned silence wore off. When the closed-circuit TVs showed Marv making the announcement, quite a few people booed...