Is Abortion in the HC Bill?

I don't argue. I just took offense to the original post attributing quotes to Obama that he didn't make.

Not Obama technically, but Gibbs/White House, which IS Obama's mouthpiece:

The White House has claimed, however, that the Senate health care bill will not change U.S. law on abortion or alter the status quo. “The president is not and will not change current federal law in dealing with abortions and healthcare,” asserted White House spokesman Robert Gibbs on Thursday.

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/rep..._over_abortion/

Obama and his sick liberal fans' twisted logic...

Waterboarding is torture and should be illegal, partial birth abortion (basically murdering babies) is fine and should be legal.

To answer the original question...yes, of course federal funding for abortions is in Obama's healthcare bill.

Obama and his sick liberal fans' twisted logic...

Waterboarding is torture and should be illegal, partial birth abortion (basically murdering babies) is fine and should be legal.

To answer the original question...yes, of course federal funding for abortions is in Obama's healthcare bill.

Can you provide some proof to liberals wanting or approving of partial birth abortion? Waterboarding is torture and should only be used in extreme circumstances in my book.

Most of the democrats I know want to protect a women's right to choose. Not leave it in the governments hands.

Can you provide some proof to liberals wanting or approving of partial birth abortion? Waterboarding is torture and should only be used in extreme circumstances in my book.

Most of the democrats I know want to protect a women's right to choose. Not leave it in the governments hands.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Social/Barack_Obama_Abortion.htm

"1997: opposed bill preventing partial-birth abortion

In 1997, Obama voted in the Illinois Senate against SB 230, a bill designed to prevent partial-birth abortions. In the US Senate, Obama has consistently voted to expand embryonic stem cell research. He has voted against requiring minors who get out-of-state abortions to notify their parents. The National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL) gives Obama a 100% score on his pro-choice voting record in the Senate for 2005, 2006, and 2007."

Voting against a bill like this is a vote of approval no matter how much liberal mental gymnastics is used to argue the contrary.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Social/Barack_Obama_Abortion.htm

"1997: opposed bill preventing partial-birth abortion

In 1997, Obama voted in the Illinois Senate against SB 230, a bill designed to prevent partial-birth abortions. In the US Senate, Obama has consistently voted to expand embryonic stem cell research. He has voted against requiring minors who get out-of-state abortions to notify their parents. The National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL) gives Obama a 100% score on his pro-choice voting record in the Senate for 2005, 2006, and 2007."

Voting against a bill like this is a vote of approval no matter how much liberal mental gymnastics is used to argue the contrary.

What else was in that bill?

What else was in that bill?

A clause requiring that the father of the baby and parents of the mother under the age of 18 who gets an any abortion be entitled to restitution equal to three times the damages incurred from the abortion.

That right there is enough reason to vote against that bill. A high-schooler has the right to argue that he's entitled to punitive damages for pain and suffering because his knocked-up girlfriend got an abortion, but she doesn't? :blush: