Troy Smith low tendered

QB threads are getting old.

Buddy - please draft the best available QB in each round, pick up all available cast always, untendered free agents and late pick tendered free agents, raid the practice squads too...

Send them all to an island to play survivor and put the top three on the roster.

DONE

:thumbsup:

What makes you think it will end there, no matter who the Bills obtain the fans will gush about him when he starts to play well, and then state he sucked from day one after he gets beaten down week after week in a poor offense.

Most of the fans posting here think the Bills had a decent O line because Fred Jackson did pretty well in rushing, and they didn't allow as many sacks as other teams.

Anyway, the kid shows a really strong desire to be a starter and the knock on him is his height, Drew Brees overcame a short stature to win a super bowl.

If his height is the only drawback and that was the only difference between him and Flacco....I'd say grab him.

QB threads are getting old.

Buddy - please draft the best available QB in each round, pick up all available cast always, untendered free agents and late pick tendered free agents, raid the practice squads too...

Send them all to an island to play survivor and put the top three on the roster.

DONE

does QB SURVIVOR come on nfl network or is it a direct tv deal cuz i dont have that direct tv deal and i need to see that show...lol... :thumbsup:

Alvin Bowen or Troy Smith.... Ill take Troy Smith.

Dito...I think Troy would win the starting job and we could focus on both lines and LB in the draft instead of a franchise QB that isn't to be found in this draft. Get Locker, Mallet or Luck next year.

Many of you on here have said you want him. I have no idea what he would bring, but seeing what Gailey did with Kordell I think he could do the same with Troy. He has a strong arm, I'm just not sure what else he can do in the NFL. Anyone have an opinion on us using a 5th for him?

IMO certainly worth a 5th rounder. Whether the Bills front office agrees, we'll find out.

Many of you on here have said you want him. I have no idea what he would bring, but seeing what Gailey did with Kordell I think he could do the same with Troy. He has a strong arm, I'm just not sure what else he can do in the NFL. Anyone have an opinion on us using a 5th for him?

Do it Buddy! He already has experience and it will allow you to spend the first 4 or more picks(hopefully they trade down) on the lines.

Kordell Stewart was the worst Quarterback to ever play 10+ seasons. The guy lost his job to Tommy Maddox.

He is better than any other QB on the Bills roster. If they can get him for a 5th, i would do it, AND draft a 1st rd QB.

I agree for a 5th rounder yes, he is better than Vick, Edwards and Fitz right now.

If you get Smith you draft a LT and a RT in the draft.

I agree for a 5th rounder yes, he is better than Vick, Edwards and Fitz right now.

If you get Smith you draft the QB of the future in the draft.

Fixed it for you (no problem, we all make mistakes)

Really I would just take a flyer on Smith for THIS season, and hope he develops (as I said he is already better than what we have), but I wouldn't bet the bank on him. Just something to hold the fans interest and MAYBE get lucky with (I think he has a better chance to succeed than Brohm!), while the draftee is getting up to speed. Let Troy Smith absorb the sacks until the O-line is in shape.

Still need THE MAN, and we need him as soon as possible (IF they think one of the guys in this draft can be the franchise, they need to do it NOW!)

What have the Bills done with their drafts anyway, they could do worse with the 5th pick. How many 5th rounders even make (or stay with a team more than say 2 years)?

Yes would love to see this. I think he is perfect fit for this coach. He can run, but is a pass first type, and is a good athlete. I don't know if will be a great NFL QB, but I think he has the tools to run the type of offense that Chan has used at other stops, and think he would be at least average, which is a step up.

Yes would love to see this. I think he is perfect fit for this coach. He can run, but is a pass first type, and is a good athlete. I don't know if will be a great NFL QB, but I think he has the tools to run the type of offense that Chan has used at other stops, and think he would be at least average, which is a step up.

This discussion may be moot anyway. Smith has apparently stated he wants to play for the Browns:

http://blogs.cantonrep.com/freshbrownies/p...ies-on-the-way/