Bills Tender Keith Freaking Ellison

Rzon604

Relax dude. Its just a strategy. They have no intention of Ellison being on the 53 man roster in September. Teams are not tendering their restricted free agents because they want to keep them. Their only value to their team is "trade value" , and thus posturing to use these players as trade bait. If they don't get what they want in a trade, they will be released.

In Ellison's case, he is highly regarded as a cover linebacker. And, he does have 3 years of NFL starting experience. Someone with a 4-3 defense that needs a linebacker may very well give up a player or 5th or 6th round draft pick.

So, rest assured... Ellison's jersey will be worn by someone else come September.

Keith Ellison is to trade value as Marshawn Lynch is to intelligence.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depth/Insurance.

With very few players actually hitting free agency, we can't turn over our entire roster. While a lot of you want to see him go, (me included) right now its in our best interest to keep him.

Exactly.

Nix has said that improvement will happen, but it will not be overnight.

It almost reminds me of the Regier comments when they re-signed Tim Connolly last season. The Sabres examined the market, and determined that there was no one better that was going to be available so they decided to keep him. Insurance.

I think Ellison is insurance for the next season or two until someone better becomes available.

Heck, they could always move him to safety :thumbsup:

Everyone will have to fight for a job this coming training camp. Forget worrying about who is already guaranteed a starting spot.

Too bad Ellison dosnt have a twin bro. We could then ship POZ to miami to be the next zach thomas

Go Buddy

Ellison played rather well last year, and is much better suited to the 3-4 olb position. Maybin, Mitchell, Poz, and Ellison are our backers opening day. I hope they draft some more and I hope Nic Harris can get in there and Brian Scott is an option as depth at OLB an safety. Lb's, secondary, and kickers are the only positions that we are possibly o.k. at. We could use some depth. but this team has way too many other holes to fill.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a tender only gives us a right of 1st refusal on the guy. It doesn't guarantee anything to Ellison. It seems like everyone is getting tendered because there is little downside.

exactly - so why not tender Incognito

unless he costs too much for the big spending Bills

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/6495905.php

What a joke. Nice first move of FA, tender a useless 220 pound LB who doesn't fit inside or outside in your scheme. Nice job. This pisses me off so much, I thought we were finally rid of this d.b.

Agreed. Weak LB's are a dime a dozen and the Bills could have done better with a street FA.

The talk in this thread of Ellison's "heart" and how the TSW lemmings can't see he's a solid player is exceedingly funny. The guy is absolutely gutless on the field and is as big a coward as we've seen on the Bills defense since Keion Carpenter or Gabe Northern.

I'm waaaayyyy sick of watching Allison turn tail and run away from 190lb slot receivers; you want to build a tough team and an aggressive defensive culture? Then get her the &^(# out of here yesterday.

Ellison played rather well last year, and is much better suited to the 3-4 olb position. Maybin, Mitchell, Poz, and Ellison are our backers opening day. I hope they draft some more and I hope Nic Harris can get in there and Brian Scott is an option as depth at OLB an safety. Lb's, secondary, and kickers are the only positions that we are possibly o.k. at. We could use some depth. but this team has way too many other holes to fill.

Funniest post of the year!