Hank Fraley G/C Browns

Conch

Recently released by Browns, 4 yr starter, lost center job to A Mack, started 4 games at guard. Would you bring him in to compete with Hangartner?

he's got about 2-3 good yrs left in him (according to his own statements) so as an improved stopgap, yes, perm. solution no, I still think if wood comes back and is 100% we need to put him in at center, but fraley would be an upgrade over hangartner, and prob. cheap too.

You can't be serious. What the hell would the Bills do with a soon to be 33 year old center that is marginal to begin with? How the F*ck does he make this team better?

Dude... if you care about the Bills and want them to get better, you have got to start setting your standards higher than players like Fraley.

Think dude.... you want to consider bringing in a center from a team that had the worst offense in the NFL last year.

Browns release versatile offensive lineman Fraley

Associated Press

Experience:10 seasons

Height: 6-3

Weight: 310

Starts/Games: 123/135

CLEVELAND -- Hank Fraley was happy to fill in anywhere the Cleveland Browns needed him. Center, guard, even tight end. He went wherever.

On Wednesday, he was told the Browns no longer had a spot for him.

Hank Fraley, C

A 10-year veteran, the versatile Fraley, who bailed the Browns out when LeCharles Bentley was injured in 2006, was released by Cleveland two weeks before he was due a roster bonus. The move was made in preparation for free agency, where the Browns have been among the NFL's most active teams in recent years.

But last season, he lost his starting job to rookie Alex Mack, the Browns' first-round draft pick. Instead of grumbling about being replaced, Fraley helped mentor Mack, who had a solid first season. Fraley also made four starts at guard and lined up in some packages at tight end.

I think this guy could offer some serious depth for Buffalo. They should at least look at him, JMO.

What do you base that on? To be honest, I haven't heard anyone say anything about Hangartner or his play last year.

Well, I watched every game and after noticing just how bad he sucks - including getting put on his back 2-4 times a game - I concluded he must suck. Recently my conclusions were confirmed by a third party statistical analysis which can be viewed here:

http://www.profootballfocus.com/articles.p...arc=&id=124

They have Hangartner as the worst [starting] center in the league (for pass blocking that is - he wasnt much better against the run but thats JMO)

And think think he was the Bills #1 FA target last offseason.... :w00t: