I think this time they got it right

Hope springs eternal. I do not share your optimism however. Chan Gailey, while a good offensive mind, is not head coaching material. The guy couldn't succeed in college at GT! And outside of DeHaven I am unimpressed by his collegiate staff. I hope I'm wrong but I predict things are going to get pretty ugly around here over the next few years. And you thought Jauron was bad? Just wait. <_<

How is Chan Galley not head coaching material ? Two playoffs seasons in Dallas. As for Georgia Tech he did fine, besides a college coaches biggest job is recruiting which is a specific requirement for College coaching not the NFL.

As for Dick Jauron he is responsible for this mess. Pop Warner offense and A roster filled with undersized players brought in here to play in a system that was nevergoing to work .

Give Buddy and his team two offseasons and I bet things are looking a lot better. This is the first time in a long time we seem to have someone in charge who has a clear idea about what he want to do and how he wants to do it.

Give Buddy and his team two offseasons and I bet things are looking a lot better. This is the first time in a long time we seem to have someone in charge who has a clear idea about what he want to do and how he wants to do it.

I agree with you. He seems to be thinking ahead and has a plan. How well he executes this plan will determine his worth. But I am of the camp that thinks he will work out.

And yet, just last year it was revealed Burns ordered Smithers to sign TO. RW looked frail at the Nix PC, but it wasn't long ago that he personally fired DJ and was probably involved in talking to Cowher this December/January.

Now that Buddy has been given the unique title of GM of Football, he's probably got some say in how things are run. But don't forget this team has one foot in the proverbial hole when it comes to selling tickets. Something will be done to address this, and a PR move typically doesn't fit with a team's rebuilding plans. Enter RW, with consultation from Smithers no matter what Buddy Gailey think.

There is no doubt that the owner was involved in the firing of Dick Jauron. But sometimes even a clueless owner has to face the reality of a disasterous situation. I'm sure Russ Brandon, his trusted aide, encouraged him to do what needed to be done to try to change the dynamic of a team spiraling out of control.

It is my understanding that John Guy's departure, Chan Gailey's hiring and the addition of Whaley to the front office team were all Buddy's decisions. Will the owner continue to dabble with football decisions? Possibly. But as I stated in my prior posting because of his age he doesn't have the capacity to be as involved as he has been in the past. Ralph Wilson is a very stubborn and willful person. But he, like everyone else, can not out run mother nature. Again, my comments about the aged owner are not meant to be disrespectful.

In a few years I really believe that we're going to be talking about this offseason as the one where we finally got back on track after this wasted decade. I know there's 10 years that say odds are against me/us, but I really feel confident for the first time in a long time. I, like anyone else, probably would not have selected the combo of Nix, Gailey, Whaley, but they're absolutely perfect and proven. I really believe that we will be top notch organization in short order. There's been a lot of bungling done by our past front offices that's been plain to see by anyone. But no one can deny that we've had talented players come and go and continue to be successful elsewhere. We just didn't have the person/group to put all the pieces together right. Now I feel we do.

This is gonna be fun to watch over the next few years. Hopefully this is our decade. So all of you fans out there with a bad taste in your mouth, that love to bash this owner/front office, just remember to be happy when this gets turned around in September. This is going to be a really sweet present from Ralph Wilson - leaving us with another winner. I understand that you have to and will bash until proven wrong, but don't hold on to your bashing ways for too long when it does turn because it's a lot more fun to be happy than to be negative all the time. It takes a lot less energy too...energy that could be used elsewhere..

I'm more positive than I've been in a long time too. Because I really like Whaley and Nix.

But I was really positive back when we got Donahoe too, so as always there's a lot to prove.

Did Cowher ever hire Gailey as his heir?

It's been reported by the outlets that Cowher recommended Gailey as his successor. But the Rooneys, not Cowher, were gonna make that decision.

I understand that you have to and will bash until proven wrong, but don't hold on to your bashing ways for too long when it does turn because it's a lot more fun to be happy than to be negative all the time. It takes a lot less energy too...energy that could be used elsewhere..

But its just so much easier w no expectations. And this way we are right way more than we are wrong.

I know you were just kidding but there's quite a difference between having low expectations and being constantly and aggressively negative.

Whaley very well might turn out to be the best hire this team has made over the past 20 years.

Well, actually that would mean that Buddy Nix would "turn out to be the best hire this team has made over the past 20 years" because without Buddy Nix, Doug Whaley's not with the Buffalo Bills.

In a few years I really believe that we're going to be talking about this offseason as the one where we finally got back on track after this wasted decade. I know there's 10 years that say odds are against me/us, but I really feel confident for the first time in a long time. I, like anyone else, probably would not have selected the combo of Nix, Gailey, Whaley, but they're absolutely perfect and proven. I really believe that we will be top notch organization in short order. There's been a lot of bungling done by our past front offices that's been plain to see by anyone. But no one can deny that we've had talented players come and go and continue to be successful elsewhere. We just didn't have the person/group to put all the pieces together right. Now I feel we do.

This is gonna be fun to watch over the next few years. Hopefully this is our decade. So all of you fans out there with a bad taste in your mouth, that love to bash this owner/front office, just remember to be happy when this gets turned around in September. This is going to be a really sweet present from Ralph Wilson - leaving us with another winner. I understand that you have to and will bash until proven wrong, but don't hold on to your bashing ways for too long when it does turn because it's a lot more fun to be happy than to be negative all the time. It takes a lot less energy too...energy that could be used elsewhere..

I sort of agree with you, in that the changing of the guard will be noted for this year. But doubt the team on the field will have a winning record their first year.

With the full bore rebuilding program going on for the Defense, and the Offense needing so many fixes. Would have preferred if they fixed the offense this year, and waited to fix the defense, in some ways, so could concentrate on one side of ball, but in long run this is probably the better way to go.

The lack of people on the market due to the Collective bargaining issues, makes it tough to overhaul the whole team. When they cutting people who have played major roles, in a year where most teams can keep everyone they want, makes it hard to fill those roles, and improve in other areas at same time.

Basically fell timing of the rebuild is bad, but needed, since will have so many holes to fill, and very few available bodies to fill them. Looks like going to be a team needing an awesome draft, and hits in almost every round, as well as 3-4 undrafted free agents if going to be break through next year.

How is Chan Galley not head coaching material ? Two playoffs seasons in Dallas. As for Georgia Tech he did fine

Here we go embellishing again. And here I go trying to reel it in again :lol:

Yes, he made the playoffs both seasons in Dallas. The first one a little over .500 and the second at .500 for the regular season. Squeeked in basically. Lost both games. Nothing great. And he had more to work with there than he does now.

Talk to people who follow GT football. GT bought him out of his contract so that they could fire him quicker. Not sure they agree with your "fine" assessment. In fact, the working theory is that he was bought out before he could do any more damage to the program. And that was at the 2nd best football school in Georgia.

He is our coach and hopefully working with Nix is a good combination and good things will eventually happen. If not this season, then within three. But don't get your hopes up too high by looking at his record through Duffs-sauce colored glasses.

I agree with you. We have personell guys/football guys and a head coach in hee thats is not all about them its about the BUffalo Bills. We are not changing schemes and dumping players to fit waht the coach says it has to be. THis time we are making changes but to fit the players strengths. These coaches should be putting whatever players we have in a postion to be succesful unlike the coaches of the past wasting valuable talent on our roster.

JP hater or not if the coaching staff utilized his strenghts more he could have developed into a pretty good QB. TE or not oif the could have played to his strength maybe he wouldnt have clammed up the fact is the coaches of the past had not clue . Their mentality was we are going to do it this way and if it fails its on the player not me.

I think we see better utilation of the players talent this upcoming season. Which should equal more wins and more enjoyable games. I dont care who the QB is as long as we can get him to play his best and look like he is playing the best instead of playing scared!

Im gald to see TO and Reed gone and hopefully we can get a couple more possesion type recievers in here. Though reed has shown to be the best reciever on the squad by his abilty to go after the ball at all times instead of giving up on it. Might not have caught it ever time but unlike the rest he looked determined to get it.

Who is going to play quarterback?

Fiedler, Stewart, Tomzak, or Thigpen He doesn't need a big QB to be successful. I think we will stick with what we have for now unless someone wows Nix or falls to us. I still would not mind McNabb but I don't think we can part with a pick this year for a player that may only play 2 or 3 more years. I thought Butler was more than adaquete RT but he retired and made another need.

add to this the fact that Chan Gailey, Buddy Nix and Doug Wahley really had nothing to do with any of the past 50 years of heartache associated with being a bills fan.

plenty of reason to be concerned that RW erred again, he's a pretty accomplished pooch-screwer.

For me---it's fun to hope they might be relevant again, and thsi fact is irrefutable: franchise that needs to be turned around can't be turned around without change.

Signed,

Little Timmy, the innocent kid in every horror movie that gets slaughter due to his innocence

(but I really am looking forward to it!)

I agree with you. We have personell guys/football guys and a head coach in hee thats is not all about them its about the BUffalo Bills. We are not changing schemes and dumping players to fit waht the coach says it has to be. THis time we are making changes but to fit the players strengths. These coaches should be putting whatever players we have in a postion to be succesful unlike the coaches of the past wasting valuable talent on our roster.

JP hater or not if the coaching staff utilized his strenghts more he could have developed into a pretty good QB. TE or not oif the could have played to his strength maybe he wouldnt have clammed up the fact is the coaches of the past had not clue . Their mentality was we are going to do it this way and if it fails its on the player not me.

I think we see better utilation of the players talent this upcoming season. Which should equal more wins and more enjoyable games. I dont care who the QB is as long as we can get him to play his best and look like he is playing the best instead of playing scared!

Im gald to see TO and Reed gone and hopefully we can get a couple more possesion type recievers in here. Though reed has shown to be the best reciever on the squad by his abilty to go after the ball at all times instead of giving up on it. Might not have caught it ever time but unlike the rest he looked determined to get it.

I agree and actually said this in another thread. Mularkey actually had JP turning the corner. Although I like TO and he is dangerous we don't have the luxury of droping alot of passes. I have been saying not fitting our system to the players has been killing us for years now. You can't ask a gun slinger to play conservative and a west-coast style QB to chuck it they had their QBs mixed up.