What to do at #9 if top 4 OT's are now gone  

68 members have voted

1. 1. See the 4 scenarios in the original post

• Scenario 1
    • Scenario 2
    • Scenario 3
    • Scenario 4
    • Other - post what it would be

Good analysis except Suh's a lock over McCoy.

Actually not really. There are some scouts who think McCoy is actually just a better talent than Suh, saying one 4.5 sack game doesn't make this guy the best DL. Many think that McCoy will fit into a 4-3 much better than Suh would, which is why the Rams could take McCoy #1, since they run a 4-3 scheme.

Remember, noone is a "lock" in the NFL draft, and even players who are "can't miss prospects" routinely miss.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually not really. There are some scouts who think McCoy is actually just a better talent than Suh, saying one 4.5 sack game doesn't make this guy the best DL. Many think that McCoy will fit into a 4-3 much better than Suh would, which is why the Rams could take McCoy #1, since they run a 4-3 scheme.

Remember, noone is a "lock" in the NFL draft, and even players who are "can't miss prospects" routinely miss.

Yeah, this kind of reminds me of the Mario Williams, Bush, Young draft. Many thought Bush was a lock at #1, then with Young vaulting up the boards after that legendary game against USC, he seemed like the pick for Houston. Then leading up to the draft, they went with Mario Williams (great choice in retrospect as no one would trade him for Young or Bush, or even for both of them).

McCoy I think is a guy not really expected to go #1 but could very well go #1 or at the very least go ahead of Suh because the guy is gaining momentum as just being a better football player. Most think it will be Suh or Bradford (myself included as I think the Rams will take Bradford), but it would not surprise me at all to see them go McCoy or to see McCoy go ahead of Suh. Of course Suh and McCoy will be going in top 5 either way...