Dan LeFevours Arm Strength

Thoner7

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0900...ab/QB-standouts

Skip to about 1:20 in the vid, check out the radar gun. Now Im not sure if thats as hard as he can throw, but he stepped into pretty good and from the looks of the drill and that guy being there with the radar gun, I cannot think of anything else they could be testing.

IIRC, Cutlers was clocked in the 80s to put that in perspective. I googled that to check but didnt find anything, so if you know for certain another QBs ball speed please post.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Skip to about 1:20 in the vid, check out the radar gun. Now Im not sure if thats as hard as he can throw, but he stepped into pretty good and from the looks of the drill and that guy being there with the radar gun, I cannot think of anything else they could be testing.

IIRC, Cutlers was clocked in the 80s to put that in perspective. I googled that to check but didnt find anything, so if you know for certain another QBs ball speed please post.

What was Snead's ball speed?

I saw this live ,that was not a full strength throw, it was a practice throw at about half speed, its throwing at a stationary bag, equivalent to a screen pass.

Nice try though

wtf is your problem? he didn't say anything negative about his arm and was simply asking a question...Talk about jumping to conclusions jeezze lay off.

wtf is your problem? he didn't say anything negative about his arm and was simply asking a question...Talk about jumping to conclusions jeezze lay off.

Mr thorner has previously stated that In his opinion, Lefevour has zero arm strength and will be lucky to be drafted. This clip, which he has, possibly unknowingly, taken out of context, proves what he has been saying, or so he thinks.

My point is that, since I saw it live, and the conversation surrounding that specific clip, it was not full speed, the conclusion that that was a legitimate test of Lefevours ball speed is inaccurate, I was merely trying to set the record straight.

Mr thorner has previously stated that In his opinion, Lefevour has zero arm strength and will be lucky to be drafted. This clip, which he has, possibly unknowingly, taken out of context, proves what he has been saying, or so he thinks.

My point is that, since I saw it live, and the conversation surrounding that specific clip, it was not full speed, the conclusion that that was a legitimate test of Lefevours ball speed is inaccurate, I was merely trying to set the record straight.

Lefevour is the answer... his arm is certainly strong enough. Lets hope we get him in round 3...

thorner needs to get off the clausen and bradford love train

So you missed his 25 other posts where he said he isn't a fan of Dan. Bid deal, I guarantee Thorner could care less about someone disagreeing with his opinion on the kid.

NINJA EDIT; almost ate my whole foot on this post.

Nothing to see here, keep it moving people...

I have seen Lefevour play multiple times in person and on TV. He has plenty of arm strength.

I saw this live ,that was not a full strength throw, it was a practice throw at about half speed, its throwing at a stationary bag, equivalent to a screen pass.

Nice try though

96MPH??? You ever see him throw a deep out?

I'm not saying I hate Lefevour or anything, but please, supporters, tell me the common denominator between all of the scouting reports on him. Every single one I've read hasn't said "weak arm" but has said "not a strong arm"

I think the most damning is from NFLDraftScout/CBSSports:

Arm Strength: Lean quarterback with very average arm strength. Floats deep balls down the sideline and over the middle. Steps into most throws but still does not put a lot of zip on passes over 10-12 yards. Deep outs are wobbly, late and inaccurate.

NFL Comparison: Charlie Frye, Raiders

....Charlie Frye? No thank you.

I can't watch videos @ work, someone please tell me what the radar gun read? What was the drill? I don't have the patience to wait until I get home... :unsure:

I can't watch videos @ work, someone please tell me what the radar gun read? What was the drill? I don't have the patience to wait until I get home... :unsure:

it was a practice throw at a stationary bag, about screen pass length away, thrown about 3/4 speed @ 48 mph

I'm not saying I hate Lefevour or anything, but please, supporters, tell me the common denominator between all of the scouting reports on him. Every single one I've read hasn't said "weak arm" but has said "not a strong arm"

Arm Strength: Lean quarterback with very average arm strength. Floats deep balls down the sideline and over the middle. Steps into most throws but still does not put a lot of zip on passes over 10-12 yards. Deep outs are wobbly, late and inaccurate.

nfl.com:

LeFevour is high-character player and fierce competitor. Was extremely productive at the non-BCS level. Plays with very impressive intelligence and is a good decision maker. Possesses the release quickness you look for at the next level. Has the arm strength necessary to make most NFL throws. Exhibits very good accuracy in the short passing game.

Dan LeFevour, Central Michigan (6-3, 230)

He has good size, strength and athletic ability. His arm is strong, and he's able to throw with authority on short and longer patterns. LeFevour runs extremely well and his powerful frame makes him difficult to bring down. He does an excellent job of making reads before and after the snap. However, like Bradford, he has worked from the shotgun formation. He must demonstrate to scouts that he's able to work from under center and can see the field and process what he's seeing dropping back as well as he does when standing several yards behind the line. The other big questions about LeFevour concern his mechanics, but that's something he is trying to correct before his pre-draft workouts.

Completely wrong.

1) DL wasn't even putting everything into it.

2) The average for QBs is in the 50s.

3) Your Cutler number is insane. http://air.wsj.com/public/article_print/SB...9346111395.html

Basically, to compare a football to a baseball, you multiply the mph by 1.68. So Lefevour threw 81 mph. According to your Cutler "numbers," he threw 134 mph.

4) Arm strength is completely overrated.

It's a dumb and lazy comparison. The only thing they have in common is they played in the MAC. Lefeveour was a much, much better QB and their styles are completely different. It's almost as valid as a Big Ben comparison.

Yep it was thrown at 3/4 speed because scouts are interested in how fast he can throw at 3/4 speed... :unsure: Danny boy gets a solid hop step forward and throws it in there as best he can. Thats just all he has. I have watched his games and thats just how he throws it regardless of how much harder he should be throwing.

This kid threw the ball 57 and 60 yards in his two "longest throw attempts" at that stupid QB talent show competition.

I didnt even have to post that link to prove his arm is WEAK, because he already proved it was WEAK by throwing it 57 and 60 yards. This is further proof. He passes never had any zip, witch is quantifiable by ball speed. No one on thi board would say McCOys arm is strong, yet its stronger than Lefevours.

The love fest with this kid is blinding everyones judgment.

Completely wrong.

1) DL wasn't even putting everything into it.

2) The average for QBs is in the 50s.

3) Your Cutler number is insane. http://air.wsj.com/public/article_print/SB...9346111395.html

Basically, to compare a football to a baseball, you multiply the mph by 1.68. So Lefevour threw 81 mph. According to your Cutler "numbers," he threw 134 mph.

4) Arm strength is completely overrated.

his rough estimate had been that the fastest passes leave quarterbacks' hands at 70 to 75 mph

Well, I was a little off.... But thanks for the numbers. AKA a 45-50% increase over Lefevours.