Bryan Price

LABills08

Saw one mock draft today (Fat White Guy.com) that had Denver taking Price at 11 and Dan Williams going at 12, so taking either at 9 wouldn't be that big a stretch.

It's going to be a dilemma for the FO deciding between NT and OT unless they pick up a FA before the draft.

lol, Price a 34 NT, lol, he a is great 43 UT, he doesn't fit the 34 at all.

Explain yourself. I've seen that certain "scouts" have concluded that same thing, but I don't know what it is based on. Price is a huge, powerful guy. Not too different from Sedrick Ellis in build. Why wouldn't he be suitable for a 3-4?

In the same way that people take the combine too seriously, people also take these issues surrounding who can play the 3-4 and who can't way too seriously. Good football players are good football players. If you are a big powerful DT, you should be able to hold your own in the 3-4.

maybe he can't take on 2 guys and is a penetrating DT? That doesn't sounds like a NT to me. So yea lets move a 1gap UT to a 2 gap NT, like our run D was bad enough.

THATS WHAT SHE SAID...

sorry i couldent resist... i will punish myself...

Thanks for your expert analysis. Too bad you are wrong.

11) Brian Price*/DT/UCLA: Price is a disruptive force in the middle of the line and is expected to be drafted in the middle of the first round. He has potential as a three-technique lineman and some also believe Price has the skills to be a two-gap end.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/foot...l#ixzz0gU74znZA

For what it's worth, a two-gap END is not the same as a 3-4 NT. Different skillsets.

For what it's worth, a two-gap END is not the same as a 3-4 NT. Different skillsets.

Exactly. It's like comparing Richard Seymore to Vince Wilfork. Completely different.

And as a side note, I agree with the analysis that he would be great as a 3-4 DE... but probably not as a NT.

Of course, there's the possibility that we will be playing a 1-gap 3-4 instead of a 2-gap style. Wade Phillips runs a 1-gap...and Jay Ratliff, although only 6'4" and 303 lbs does a wonderful job as NT.

Thanks for your expert analysis. Too bad you are wrong.

11) Brian Price*/DT/UCLA: Price is a disruptive force in the middle of the line and is expected to be drafted in the middle of the first round. He has potential as a three-technique lineman and some also believe Price has the skills to be a two-gap end.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/foot...l#ixzz0gU74znZA

Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

Two gap END.

In the same way that people take the combine too seriously, people also take these issues surrounding who can play the 3-4 and who can't way too seriously. Good football players are good football players. If you are a big powerful DT, you should be able to hold your own in the 3-4.

Completely disagree. The technique, skill set, and size/strength needed to be in a 3-4 is different from a 4-3. Why should anyone assume that someone who is good in one will automatically transition to the other? It's like assuming a WR can be a great CB. There may be those guys out there that can make the change, but it's not an easy thing to do and shouldn't be expected.

Heck, you can't guarantee taking a dominant RT and transitioning him to LT in the NFL. IMO, it's a VERY dangerous pick (especially in the first few rounds) to gamble on someone playing a new position in the NFL.