Aaron Maybin

Billsfan=pain

Do you think he juiced?

I don't know enough about this 'was he juicing?' debate so I can't really comment. I actually think it's a little silly but that's just my honest opinion. People love to make up crap and/or excuses to fuel their speculations and beliefs. You have to learn to take everything with a grain of salt. That's why I am reserving judgment on him.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know enough about this 'was he juicing?' debate so I can't really comment. I actually think it's a little silly but that's just my honest opinion. People love to make up crap and/or excuses to fuel their speculations and beliefs. You have to learn to take everything with a grain of salt. That's why I am reserving judgment on him.

I agree with you, but you have to admit it is really suspicious

Jason Taylor is 2 inches taller and and about 15 pds of muscle heavier.

http://www.nfl.com/players/aaronmaybin/profile?id=MAY287870

http://www.nfl.com/players/jasontaylor/profile?id=TAY338550

Actually, Taylor only weigh more 5 lbs. despite being 2 inches taller. But I forgot. The Bills bribed the NFL to make Maybin heavier. He's only like 210 lbs. And Taylor is really 270 lbs. but again the Bills have the NFL under their thumbs. Also, Taylor weighed the same amount he weighs now at 21. There is no way a 21 year old like AM will ever fill out more.

I also love people throwing steroid rumors around. A lot of libel without any shrewd of proof. No matter how bad of shape I was in, I could work out for 4 times a week for a month and get in really good shape. I have friends who couldn't lose their gut doing the same workout for a year. I'm just washed up former college football player who has about a hour a day to work out.

NFL players are physical freaks. It's stupid to compare them to you. Some people win the genetic lottery. Maybin could not lift a weight in his lift and be in better shape than 95% of this board. He probably does workouts that posters on this board would cry from. His full time job is getting in the best possible shape. He was born luckier than most of us. Stop being jealous and throwing BS around.

Actually, Taylor only weigh more 5 lbs. despite being 2 inches taller. But I forgot. The Bills bribed the NFL to make Maybin heavier. He's only like 210 lbs. And Taylor is really 270 lbs. but again the Bills have the NFL under their thumbs. Also, Taylor weighed the same amount he weighs now at 21. There is no way a 21 year old like AM will ever fill out more.

I also love people throwing steroid rumors around. A lot of libel without any shrewd of proof. No matter how bad of shape I was in, I could work out for 4 times a week for a month and get in really good shape. I have friends who couldn't lose their gut doing the same workout for a year. I'm just washed up former college football player who has about a hour a day to work out.

NFL players are physical freaks. It's stupid to compare them to you. Some people win the genetic lottery. Maybin could not lift a weight in his lift and be in better shape than 95% of this board. He probably does workouts that posters on this board would cry from. His full time job is getting in the best possible shape. He was born luckier than most of us. Stop being jealous and throwing BS around.

You say this but you have steriod user as your Avatar? Sorry you have no credibilty on this matter!

You really need to open your eyes and take a look at the transfromation of Maybin's body. If he can gain and lose muscle so easily then he should studied scientifically. What he did this past year is highly unlikely without some sort of illegal help!

Its official you have the worsts posts ever. Unfortunately he does not line up on sundays against Lori or the Dean, or else he might have had 3 sacks last year.

You say this but you have steriod user as your Avatar? Sorry you have no credibilty on this matter!

You really need to open your eyes and take a look at the transfromation of Maybin's body. If he can gain and lose muscle so easily then he should studied scientifically. What he did this past year is highly unlikely without some sort of illegal help!

It's from a movie. You know something that is pretend.

And I wasn't high on the Maybin but it is complete BS to jsut throw steroid rumors around with no real proof except" He got big fast."

It's from a movie. You know something that is pretend.

And I wasn't high on the Maybin but it is complete BS to jsut throw steroid rumors around with no real proof except" He got big fast."

Profootballtalk.com, and other sports news entities have the same suspicions that his weight gain prior to the combine was not natural.

I know that we don't like to admit it but the NFL's drug testing policy is obsolete. Has anyone watched a throwback game from 15 years ago? The players (in my opininon) are noticibly slower and smaller at every position. Does anyone share my interpretations?

Profootballtalk.com, and other sports news entities have the same suspicions that his weight gain prior to the combine was not natural.

I know that we don't like to admit it but the NFL's drug testing policy is obsolete. Has anyone watched a throwback game from 15 years ago? The players (in my opininon) are noticibly slower and smaller at every position. Does anyone share my interpretations?

I'm not naive to think the league is completely drug free. I just hate baseless assumptions. My freshman year of college football was the first time I really got into a weight lifting program. I put on 15 lbs. of muscle in about 3 months (I'm 6'1"). I never took so muc has creatine. So I really don't think it is a stretch to think that a guy good enough to play at a major college football program could put on weight like that if he basically was working out for hours a day for a month.

Some people are just more blessed physically than others.

Aaron Maybin's body shape has changed drastically in the past year. When he was at the combine last year he looked like a defensive end at 6'4 250, now he looks samller than James Hardy 6'5 220. How does a player lose 30 pds of muscle from March(combine) to August(training camp)?

I guess next season we will get the answer?

I give him about a 1 in 5 chance of meeting expectaions for a high first rounder. I think the chances of him ending up in the Erik Flowers file is a whole lot better than being a starter on defense.

There's nothing stupider in my opinion, than a team trying to mold a player into something he's not or hasn't proven with a consistent record over more than a handful of games. Maybin was a shooting star as a college senior. Very little to go on.

These 'tweeners almost never work out.

The Bills didn't have the luxury of grooming a player for the future. They needed an impact player immediately, and instead, ended up overpaying for a player that'll stick around longer than he should because of his draft position.

He may turn out to be a good special teams player or broadcast color commentator someday. Good luck.

I'm not naive to think the league is completely drug free. I just hate baseless assumptions. My freshman year of college football was the first time I really got into a weight lifting program. I put on 15 lbs. of muscle in about 3 months (I'm 6'1"). I never took so muc has creatine. So I really don't think it is a stretch to think that a guy good enough to play at a major college football program could put on weight like that if he basically was working out for hours a day for a month.

Some people are just more blessed physically than others.

He had a big gain in muscle mass in 6 weeks ,15-25pds of muscle, and this did not slow him down at the combine. This is plausable naturally, but not probable.

I agree with you that some people are more geneticallyblessed than others, but if he is genetically blessed than why did he lose the muscle mass so quickly? I have talked to people that know the human body(Biologists) and they emphatically say(in the their profesional opinion) a person cannot naturally achieve this muscle gain in such a short period of time.

'C.Biscuit97' I respect your opinion on this subject, but I have to disagree.

You said combine, not Pro Day.

Ok, we get you. Maybin was juiced up, all wacked out on 'roids, and was the biggest mistake in the history of pro football draft picks. Turn that record over...

I want to hear wht you think? How would you explain everything(musle mass,etc.)?

I am sorry if I sound like a broken record but I hate cheaters! I stopped watching baseball because of this B.S.

I want to hear wht you think? How would you explain everything(musle mass,etc.)?

I am sorry if I sound like a broken record but I hate cheaters! I stopped watching baseball because of this B.S.

I think... that I have no clue what, if anything, Maybin took to gain weight so quickly. I also think that you can find an equal number of opinions that he absolutely or not necessarily took some kind of artificial enhancement to get there. He's 21, still growing, and that has to be a part of the analysis.

I'll be the first to admit that he really hurt his chances by holding out and was a huge disappointment in his rookie year, but he absolutely deserves another opportunity to prove he can play in the NFL.

I think... that I have no clue what, if anything, Maybin took to gain weight so quickly. I also think that you can find an equal number of opinions that he absolutely or not necessarily took some kind of artificial enhancement to get there. He's 21, still growing, and that has to be a part of the analysis.

I'll be the first to admit that he really hurt his chances by holding out and was a huge disappointment in his rookie year, but he absolutely deserves another opportunity to prove he can play in the NFL.

He deserves an oppurtunity to prove himself.

He either juiced, or is just a lazy piece

Aaron Maybin's body shape has changed drastically in the past year. When he was at the combine last year he looked like a defensive end at 6'4 250, now he looks samller than James Hardy 6'5 220. How does a player lose 30 pds of muscle from March(combine) to August(training camp)?

I guess next season we will get the answer?

He is working on his Eric Flowers impersonation!