Realistically....what do you think it would take to get

I agree with Dr D. I think, before this takes place, we would have to show McNabb (or any QB of noteworthiness that we might try to get here) that measures have been taken to upgrade the OL. In other words, FA, or trade for at least one quality Tackle, or convince McNabb we are definitely going to address OL in the first round of the draft.

BTW, I am talking left tackle as I am not unhappy with Butler, even coming back from injury.

the bigger problem with McNabb is once you deal for him you have to start him. QB competition is over. But what if Brohm is doing better in camp? Now you've got a QB controversy. Before getting McNabb you had better be damn sure he's your starter.

Its hard to say what it would take because we don't know what other teams are willing to offer. All it takes is one other team to offer a first round pick to make the deal not worth doing. Personally, I know we need an upgrade at QB but we don't have the supporting cast to put around this guy. I would rather see the Bills invest their picks in some new young talent and develop a QB. This guy would only be a stop gap for a couple years and I doubt thats what he's looking for.... I want to win now as much as anyone however I'd rather see the Bills develop some young core players even if it makes us take our lumps for another season or two. The way I look at it is its been ten awful years whats another one or two if it means being consistently good for a number of years after. I'd hate to try and bring in guys to bandaid the thing and be a slightly over 500 team on the cusp of the playoffs for a couple of years before going back down the tubes....

I am not talking about what the sports analysts say who are often used to put out propaganda.....or the Eagles themselves.

What would it realistically take?

Depends on whether the Eagles are actually willing to move him. They will posture and hope for a 1st, but may have to settle for a 2nd.

I think a 2nd and a 5th gets it done.

I am not talking about what the sports analysts say who are often used to put out propaganda.....or the Eagles themselves.

What would it realistically take?

It would take more than he's worth. We are not built to win now. By the time we have good enough talent on our roster McNabb will be gone. We should have a 3-4 year plan that involves getting a franchise QB and above average talent around him, we have neither. It is not worth the draft picks to get McNabb for a few years. I say we build from the inside-out and get our franchise QB this year if possible, but if not pick him up next year.

DO NOT be short-sighted and jump on the McNabb bandwagon. We are 3-4 years from competing for a superbowl. Let's use our draft picks wisely, build a great 3-4 defense, get a franchise QB and then be ready to eat Buffalo wings during the superbowl watching our BILLS!