Joey Porter brought back to Miami due to salary-cap issues

Jerry Jabber

He'll be cut again on the league's new fiscal date, March 5 or so. They were having a field day with this on the radio today....hilarious. Both press releases (release, un-release) came out during Dan Le Batard's show. They dislike Porter as much as everyone else.

You guys can't be serious - you are letting his sack total from 2008 fool you. He's really not that good. He had seven games this season in which he made two or less tackles...and one game without making a single tackle. He's a linebacker - how does he not get tackles? On top of that, he refuses to get pulled out of games, and throws his teammates under the bus (Cameron Wake). Why anyone would want him on the Bills is beyond me.

You guys can't be serious - you are letting his sack total from 2008 fool you. He's really not that good. He had seven games this season in which he made two or less tackles...and one game without making a single tackle. He's a linebacker - how does he not get tackles? On top of that, he refuses to get pulled out of games, and throws his teammates under the bus (Cameron Wake). Why anyone would want him on the Bills is beyond me.

Because you don't understand the Defense his #s are about right for 3-4 his #s are great considering he was not on the field full time and was not on the field at all for a couple games James Harrison had 71 tckls and 10 scks as a full time player that started 16 games Porter played was limited BY PARCELL's and nothing else started 14 games and still had 41 tackles and 9 scks. Please don't make me do your research any more it becomes tiring.

get him, but not at ALL costs.

We could use an OLB vet w/ experience and attitude. a 1-yr deal would be good, that kept TO in line.

But cant break the bank to get him either.

He won't sign a one year deal and will be a hot commodity he is not TO He butted heads with Parcell's because he went to Mcdonald's. Yes Parcell's has an ego problem and really did bench to make an example of him but Porter did not kneel at his feet and take his mark. So Parcell's made him a part timer.

What would you do if your Boss was out to destroy you because he asked you to stop chewing your fingernails and he later caught you doing it. And I don't want to hear the Money thing right is right their is no Mcdonald's clause in his contract it was not affecting his play so it was none od Parcell's business.

Because you don't understand the Defense his #s are about right for 3-4 his #s are great considering he was not on the field full time and was not on the field at all for a couple games James Harrison had 71 tckls and 10 scks as a full time player that started 16 games Porter played was limited BY PARCELL's and nothing else started 14 games and still had 41 tackles and 9 scks. Please don't make me do your research any more it becomes tiring.

He's not on the field full time because he sucks.

He's not on the field full time because he sucks.

Wow you really are ignorant why does he suck because you said so. Back it up or shut up.

His job is to rush the passer and get a few tackles on the way Like I showed you his tackles #'s are good He has 26.5 sacks over the last 2 seasons thats his job not too many do it better.

A good opinion is based on fact.

If Porter were to get cut I would support bringing him in for a 1 year rental. I honestly don't think he has more then a year left in him BUT he would fit our scheme and would bring a bit of attitude to the D as well as getting a crack at two teams he hates 2 times a year (Fins and Pats* he really hates the Pats* for cheating to beat him in the AFC title game twice).

Give me a 3-4 pass rusher with attitude even if only for a season or two.

Porter just wants to collect another signing bonus which is why he wants to be released not traded. He got 20 million guaranteed which makes it the Fish's right if they want to dangle him as bait.

Hopefully the new agreement will allow players to be released if requested but force them to pay back portion of signing bonus freeing that money out of the team's cap.

Wow you really are ignorant why does he suck because you said so. Back it up or shut up.

His job is to rush the passer and get a few tackles on the way Like I showed you his tackles #'s are good He has 26.5 sacks over the last 2 seasons thats his job not too many do it better.

And those numbers are better than Schobel's numbers over the last 3 years. Hopefully the Bills can sign him for 2-3 years.

You get your analysis from a summary page at NFL.com. I get my analysis from seeing a lot of Dolphin games, listening to 8 hours of Miami sports talk per day, and a ton of friends who are Dolphin fans. In his case, stats do not tell the story. I also think sacks are an overrated statistic. What good is a less-than-one-sack per game average if every other play RBs and WRs are blowing by him? And if he is such a great player in the 3-4, why are the Dolphins itching to get rid of him? Oh yeah, that's right - according to you it's because Parcells was pissed that Porter went to McDonald's. Wow - brilliant, you're right, I'm clearly the ignorant one on this matter.

He won't sign a one year deal and will be a hot commodity he is not TO He butted heads with Parcell's because he went to Mcdonald's. Yes Parcell's has an ego problem and really did bench to make an example of him but Porter did not kneel at his feet and take his mark. So Parcell's made him a part timer.

What would you do if your Boss was out to destroy you because he asked you to stop chewing your fingernails and he later caught you doing it. And I don't want to hear the Money thing right is right their is no Mcdonald's clause in his contract it was not affecting his play so it was none od Parcell's business.

I didn't realize the Tuna spelled his name with an apostrophe.

No to Joey. He is at the wrong end of his career. Low in tackles in 09. Lousy against the run. Ranked 22 out of 28 3-4 OLBs in 09. Will not "groom" Maybin. Will throw him under a bus (like he did Cam Wake). Always ran his mouth. Difference is now he can't back it up anymore. Let someone else pay him, not us.

The Finn we sould have gotten was Matt Roth.

Wanted: headcase former Pro Bowler on the downside of his career. Willing to pay top dollar. Locker room disruption a plus.