why don't us and the eagles just swap first rd picks

theman331

No !@#$ing way! How about we keep our draft picks and don't trade them ala Bledsoe, JP, Denney, McCargo, etc. When is the last time draft picks traded away by the Bills actually worked out?

Can't think of one since Bennett, then again we haven't done that great recently with the first round picks we've kept.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we give the eagles our number 9 pick and a 4th rounder for their number 24 pick and mcnabb i think that would be the best way to go about getting him. we would still be able to get a great offensive tackle in the first rd and then we could go either qb in the 2nd or 3rd or linebacker in the 2nd or 3rd. i'm more for drafting a quarterback and having him start day one. but if we decide not to go that way then were going to need to get a veteran guy to come in here for a year or 2 and mcnabb would be the best guy to pursue. so if the eagles are willing to trade him i'd say this is how it gets done.

I'd entertain swapping 2nd rd picks... Not first rd picks... 9 to 24 is way too steep, especially with our needs. I'd almost like to see Nix trade out of 9 and get extra picks on day 1... I think this is a deep draft.

if we give the eagles our number 9 pick and a 4th rounder for their number 24 pick and mcnabb i think that would be the best way to go about getting him. we would still be able to get a great offensive tackle in the first rd and then we could go either qb in the 2nd or 3rd or linebacker in the 2nd or 3rd. i'm more for drafting a quarterback and having him start day one. but if we decide not to go that way then were going to need to get a veteran guy to come in here for a year or 2 and mcnabb would be the best guy to pursue. so if the eagles are willing to trade him i'd say this is how it gets done.

The Bills should not consider trading away either draft picks or draft positions for aging veteran players at any position. We are a rebuilding team, which means we should be looking for ways to increase the pace at which we acquire young talent, not decrease it.

There is no room for Donovan McNabb on this team, unless Philly releases him and he is signed as a free agent. Even then, I would prefer to see playing time go to a younger player like Brohm, both to get him experience and to evaluate his play at the NFL level.

The Bills should not consider trading away either draft picks or draft positions for aging veteran players at any position. We are a rebuilding team, which means we should be looking for ways to increase the pace at which we acquire young talent, not decrease it.

There is no room for Donovan McNabb on this team, unless Philly releases him and he is signed as a free agent. Even then, I would prefer to see playing time go to a younger player like Brohm, both to get him experience and to evaluate his play at the NFL level.

Common sense is alive and well :unsure: