Call me superstitious but....

rocwocka

the last time we traded for a "proven veteran" QB, we had just drafted an O-tackle in the top 10. That didn't work out, right? I'm hoping for Bulaga to be there when we pick and I really think McNabb would have a few good years left, but i'm just fearful of the same results. I say we go for the best o tackle available, then go use our picks on more youth, instead of giving them away for a guy that could be around for maybe 3 more years.

the last time we traded for a "proven veteran" QB, we had just drafted an O-tackle in the top 10. That didn't work out, right? I'm hoping for Bulaga to be there when we pick and I really think McNabb would have a few good years left, but i'm just fearful of the same results. I say we go for the best o tackle available, then go use our picks on more youth, instead of giving them away for a guy that could be around for maybe 3 more years.

When they traded for Bledsoe, it wasn't his fault that it didn't work. If you remember he broke alot of Kelly's single season records and wound up in the Pro Bowl.

You're 'not superstitious, just a little stitious..'

Bad Peyton Manning SB joke..

Bledsoe was a good acquistion. Given the Bills recent history with 1st rd. picks, he was a steal!

McCargo

Losman

Whitner

Williams

Maybin

Bledsoe represents addition by subtraction with 1st rd picks

If we picked up a guy that started for 3 years here, that would be more than we have had in years. We have been on somewhat of a 1.5 year turn around at starting quarterback for awhile now.

When they traded for Bledsoe, it wasn't his fault that it didn't work. If you remember he broke alot of Kelly's single season records and wound up in the Pro Bowl.

The thing is that coaching staff tried to make a very immobile QB react quicker to blitzes and yet kept calling for 5-7 step drop passing plays, freaking stupid.

Also, they saw what Big Ben was doing in Pittsburgh and they wanted to push JP Losman into the same thing. What they failed to realize is that some QB's take longer to develop and the Bills didn't have the power running game the Steelers had and most notably Jerome Bettis.

So instead of beefing up the O line they dumped Bledsoe and inserted a more mobile JP, thinking JP can evade the blitz, again freaking stupid.

I certinly hope the front office doesn't try and bolster ticket sales by bringing in McNabb as we have already seen what happens when he starts getting hits. Not to mention he has been very injury prone the last few years, what a waste of draft picks that would be.

I'd rather see someone like Jeff Garcia or Chad Pennington for the experienced QB or perhaps a trade for Troy Smith, Tyler Thigpin.

I certinly hope the front office doesn't try and bolster ticket sales by bringing in McNabb as we have already seen what happens when he starts getting hits. Not to mention he has been very injury prone the last few years, what a waste of draft picks that would be.

I'd rather see someone like Jeff Garcia or Chad Pennington for the experienced QB or perhaps a trade for Troy Smith, Tyler Thigpin.

You are worried about injury prone but want to pick up 36 year old Jeff Garcia, and i just had a possible career ending injury Chad Pennington.

McNabb >>>>>>>>>> Both of those guys.

You're 'not superstitious, just a little stitious..'

Bad Peyton Manning SB joke..

Bledsoe was a good acquistion. Given the Bills recent history with 1st rd. picks, he was a steal!

McCargo

Losman

Whitner

Williams

Maybin

Bledsoe represents addition by subtraction with 1st rd picks

It was an Eli manning Joke, and I dont like the Maybin pick but the Kid was only 21 his rookie season, and it was his rookie season.

Guest dog14787
The thing is that coaching staff tried to make a very immobile QB react quicker to blitzes and yet kept calling for 5-7 step drop passing plays, freaking stupid.

Also, they saw what Big Ben was doing in Pittsburgh and they wanted to push JP Losman into the same thing. What they failed to realize is that some QB's take longer to develop and the Bills didn't have the power running game the Steelers had and most notably Jerome Bettis.

So instead of beefing up the O line they dumped Bledsoe and inserted a more mobile JP, thinking JP can evade the blitz, again freaking stupid.

Always on the money with your observations rabbit. :D

We haven't had a good, qualified and experienced OC and play caller in Buffalo since Ted Marchibroda.

Roethlisburger and Losman were both a part of the 2004 draft. How could they have seen the Steelers' success with Big Ben when he's from the same draft class?

Because the Steelers went 15-1 Ben's rookie year. Where Bledsoe started that year. They didn't start JP until his 2nd year I believe.

You are worried about injury prone but want to pick up 36 year old Jeff Garcia, and i just had a possible career ending injury Chad Pennington.

McNabb >>>>>>>>>> Both of those guys.

Chad Pennington nor Jeff Garcia will cost us a 2nd rd. pick, or possibly more.

I'd rather see Garcia as a stop-gap for a season or two, while we groom the QB of the future.. whether that be Clausen, Lefevoer, Snead or whomever. Unless McNabb can be had for a 3rd or less.

Chad Pennington nor Jeff Garcia will cost us a 2nd rd. pick, or possibly more.

I'd rather see Garcia as a stop-gap for a season or two, while we groom the QB of the future.. whether that be Clausen, Lefevoer, Snead or whomever. Unless McNabb can be had for a 3rd or less.

A friend of mine who seems to get some inside info from god knows where says don't be surprised if Kurt Warner winds up in Buffalo. Seems out of the question to me but who knows? Anybody think that would be a good move?

Guest dog14787
A friend of mine who seems to get some inside info from god knows where says don't be surprised if Kurt Warner winds up in Buffalo. Seems out of the question to me but who knows? Anybody think that would be a good move?

You said it, "I think your friend got his info from God only knows, his wild imagination maybe"

While it would definitely be a good move for the Bills, it would be an awful move for Warner. He'd be going from a playoff contender to a bottom of the division team. He'd go from a mediocre line to a not so good line, which is a bad move for a guy with concussion issues. He'd go from a receiving trio of Fitzgerald, Boldin, Breaston to Evans, Hardy, Johnson. He's at the end of his career and if he comes back, won't be looking at a rebuilding effort.

I like the idea of him being a Bill, I just can't envision any reason why he'd come here.