mcnabb WILL be traded

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

Gosh I hope Coach Gailey doesn't think like this. I hope Coach Gailey wants to win now like I do. As John Madden says, any coach that is rebuilding is rebuilding for the next coach that comes in. Rebuilding a team from the ground up through the draft blah blah blah is so 1980s.

Call it what you will, but this team is not as close as you think. Your thinking offers zero hope for sustained success. It is a process, though you might not like to hear this, it'll take 2-3 years.

You can cite instances of team's catching lightening in a bottle for a season, but I'm interested in becoming elite. One and done, I am not.

If this was a win now situation, more high profile coaches would have jumped at this. Teams like the Colts, Vikings, *Pats, etc. are in win now mode. They're built to do that. They're expected to do that.

We're not there. If done right, we could be...........in a few years.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call it what you will, but this team is not as close as you think. Your thinking offers zero hope for sustained success. It is a process, though you might not like to hear this, it'll take 2-3 years.

You can cite instances of team's catching lightening in a bottle for a season, but I'm interested in becoming elite. One and done, I am not.

If this was a win now situation, more high profile coaches would have jumped at this. Teams like the Colts, Vikings, *Pats, etc. are in win now mode. They're built to do that. They're expected to do that.

Amen brother, amen.

Generally I agree with your point. However with FA in todays NFL and college players coming in and producing right away, we may not be that far away. What if we picked up Wolfork and Seymour via FA, traded for McNabb, resigned TO and drafted the best LT, and ILB available with our 1st and 2nd picks? Would you say were that far away then? IMO, the previous coaching staff cost us at least 2 games each year. Think of every game we have lost that should have won because Jauron was an idiot. Denver (Everrett game), Dallas (Monday night), Browns (Snow game), Browns (Monday night), Pats (Monday night), Browns (Roscoe fumble). There are others, Im not looking up each one. But those stuck to at me. What if they turned those into wins? instead of 7-9 we are 9-7 or 10-6 those years. Thats playoff contender quality and thats with the scrubs we had on those teams.

Generally I agree with your point. However with FA in todays NFL and college players coming in and producing right away, we may not be that far away. What if we picked up Wolfork and Seymour via FA, traded for McNabb, resigned TO and drafted the best LT, and ILB available with our 1st and 2nd picks? Would you say were that far away then? IMO, the previous coaching staff cost us at least 2 games each year. Think of every game we have lost that should have won because Jauron was an idiot. Denver (Everrett game), Dallas (Monday night), Browns (Snow game), Browns (Monday night), Pats (Monday night), Browns (Roscoe fumble). There are others, Im not looking up each one. But those stuck to at me. What if they turned those into wins? instead of 7-9 we are 9-7 or 10-6 those years. Thats playoff contender quality and thats with the scrubs we had on those teams.

Wow! Wilfork, Seymour, McNabb. Draft best available where we are deficient. Asking for an awful lot to fall into our lap. Besides your draft scenario, I don't see any of the big three you mentioned coming here. I don't see us at this point becoming a destination of a big time FA who wants to get paid handsomely. McNabb, I don't want to give up what it would take to land him. I'd rather use those resources to buildup elsewhere.

The fact we have to learn a new offense and defense tells me we need time to adapt. To me, whether it's FA's or draftees, it'll take time to adjust and/learn the new.

I know nobody wants to hear this, but we need to be patient and then......HOPE......all goes the way we all want it too.

Free agency has blown up this long term model. Just when a guy gets good after 2 or 3 years of development he becomes a free agent and you have to decide to break the bank or not and then it limits other players. New England mastered the FA game and succeeded because of that. We have to think in terms of shorter windows, mixing in rookies with FA's. If they cap rookie salaries in the new CBA then that again will change the logic used. Probably for the better IMHO.

ESPN's John Clayton said on SportsCenter Thursday evening that he is convinced the Eagles will trade Donovan McNabb.

The Eagles insist otherwise, but it'll be hard for them to resist if a team offers a first-rounder or multiple early-round draft choices, which we suspect someone will. Philadelphia is young at just about every position, save quarterback. There is reason to believe Kevin Kolb, 25, is a more accurate passer than McNabb, and at least gives the Birds an equal chance to win.

This is such OLD NEWS McNabb is not going anywhere Mods Kill this thread

Wow! Wilfork, Seymour, McNabb. Draft best available where we are deficient. Asking for an awful lot to fall into our lap. Besides your draft scenario, I don't see any of the big three you mentioned coming here. I don't see us at this point becoming a destination of a big time FA who wants to get paid handsomely. McNabb, I don't want to give up what it would take to land him. I'd rather use those resources to buildup elsewhere.

The fact we have to learn a new offense and defense tells me we need time to adapt. To me, whether it's FA's or draftees, it'll take time to adjust and/learn the new.

I know nobody wants to hear this, but we need to be patient and then......HOPE......all goes the way we all want it too.

Like I said, I generally agree with you. However you cant deny what other teams have done in the very recent past. I would say that there are no teams that are not 3 impact players away from making the playoffs. It just depends on what positions and weaknesses you concentrate on.

And as far as you, or anyone else on this board knows we could be front runners. We have a new GM, and new coaching staff. Anything is possible. Sure Ralph is still Ralph. But that doesnt mean Nix or Gailey didnt take the positions unless there was willingness to commit to success. I know, I know, Im drinking the Kool-Aid. That still doesnt take away from the fact that other teams in recent seasons have went from 1-15 to playoffs in one offseason.

So we most likely wont get Wilfork or Seymour. That doesnt mean we dont have a shot at them. With this GM and HC anything is possible. They are completely new to the organization in the roles they are in. And we wouldnt exactly need Wilfork or Seymour either. There are other players in FA that are very effective and not as flashy.

My point is that we are POSSIBLY a few key pieces away from having a solid contender. I also said I generally agree with you and most of the time it takes 2-3 years of rebuilding. Its one of those things that could go either way.

And what wouldnt you give up for McNabb seriously? I would give them a 2nd and toss in Whitner and Lynch for the hell of it even if they didnt ask. They are wastes of sperm and dont deserve to be on the field in the NFL anyway. The one with any actual talent cant get his s^*t together, and the one with a "decent" head on his shoulders has no talent at all.

Free agency has blown up this long term model. Just when a guy gets good after 2 or 3 years of development he becomes a free agent and you have to decide to break the bank or not and then it limits other players. New England mastered the FA game and succeeded because of that. We have to think in terms of shorter windows, mixing in rookies with FA's. If they cap rookie salaries in the new CBA then that again will change the logic used. Probably for the better IMHO.

Amen. Thinking that you're going to draft guys today and they're all going to be the nucleus of a team in 5 years is 1980s thinking. Say we get lucky and get Bradford first round. He steps in and plays great. Guess what, in 3 years when his contract his up, he'll get an offer sheet from someone for an ungodly amount of money we won't be able to match. Then he'll move on and we'll be back where we started. See Antione Winfiled and Nate Clements. That's why we don't have them anymore. Or a guy could just decide he wants to play somewhere else.

That happened to the Seahawks after their Super Bowl season. Joe Jurevicious was FA and decided he wanted to play in Clevelend because it was where he was from and where his family was. Same thing with Hutchinson. Seahawks drafted him and he was one of the top Guards in football. But he wanted to play in Minnesota where he's from and the Vikes offered him ridiculous money and other clauses in the contract they couldn't match.

So, get the best players you can now and make a run. Rinse and Repeat. That's the way the NFL works in the 2010s. Of course you have to draft well, but don't sacrifice trying to win now to give guys playing time to learn that may or may not be here in 2 or 3 years.

Absolutely agree. Problem is, as I see it, "quality" FA's leave their current teams for a couple of reasons. More money, obviously, or they settle for a bit less to hook up with a contender for a chance to get a ring. Well, we're not one to break the bank, and even if we were in the ballpark, the other player destination(s) are often times more attractive from a winning standpoint.

It's a tough spot for Buffalo. So, unless we overwhelm monetarily, what is the draw?

We need to prove we're serious about winning organizationally, prove it on the field, then we become a place players want to play.

Amen. Thinking that you're going to draft guys today and they're all going to be the nucleus of a team in 5 years is 1980s thinking. Say we get lucky and get Bradford first round. He steps in and plays great. Guess what, in 3 years when his contract his up, he'll get an offer sheet from someone for an ungodly amount of money we won't be able to match. Then he'll move on and we'll be back where we started. See Antione Winfiled and Nate Clements. That's why we don't have them anymore. Or a guy could just decide he wants to play somewhere else.

That happened to the Seahawks after their Super Bowl season. Joe Jurevicious was FA and decided he wanted to play in Clevelend because it was where he was from and where his family was. Same thing with Hutchinson. Seahawks drafted him and he was one of the top Guards in football. But he wanted to play in Minnesota where he's from and the Vikes offered him ridiculous money and other clauses in the contract they couldn't match.

So, get the best players you can now and make a run. Rinse and Repeat. That's the way the NFL works in the 2010s. Of course you have to draft well, but don't sacrifice trying to win now to give guys playing time to learn that may or may not be here in 2 or 3 years.

So, if we drafted Bradford 9 overall, you're telling me it would be a 3 year deal? Your idea of mixing FA's I understand and agree with, BTW.

Read my last post regarding this.