Losman/Edwards

Some of you guys are too much.. I had high hopes for Trent.. but to call him a p*ssy? Dude has like 2 seconds before getting totally destroyed, sometimes by more than one defender. I would love to see some of you tough guys stand there for even one series without limping off the field.

Maybe if we actually get a solid O line..

Another excuse for Edwards. Love it...lol

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought it came down to Coaching.

Losman was over coached by way too many people. Edwards could still develop depending on how he is coached this season.

I'm not a big fan of either but I still think Edwards has some upside given a good Offensive Line and some quality Coaching.

Losman's career was over the moment that Meathead inserted him in the game against a ferocious Pats* defense even though he was the 3rd string/emergency QB and he wasn't given any time to warm up. Talk about being thrown to the sharks ... what was it? 6 plays, 3 turnovers? Game, set & match ... I think he may have developed, but we will never know ... it's all over now.

EDIT: sorry, I just looked it up ... 6 dropbacks, 1 INT, 1 sack, 1 fumble ... welcome to the NFL, Rookie

Time to face facts, Fanning-Fan Fanboys - Trent is done in the NFL. He and his Stanford roomie can now go back to waxing their bodies and watching Dakota Fanning films.

Trent could definitely pull off a Rich Gannon-like career resurgence. Gannon was probably more athletic, but did not have as strong an arm. Release and intelligence are comparable.

All we know for sure about Trent Edwards is that he can't hack it behind a line that consists of rookies and cast-offs. What if he were given time and the confidence to go through his reads and find a rhythm? No one really knows.

I was a huge Losman supporter due to his arm, his scrambling ability and his toughness (side note: Losman could have ran for 500 yards a season if Jauron knew how to use him. Every time he took off, he got ten yards). I held out hope longer than just about anyone I knew until I finally pulled the plug on him. I remember the game distinctly: at Jacksonville toward the end of the 2007 season. I said, that's it, this is simply not happening, this guy sucks. As much as I doubt Edwards' ability to be the guy in Buffalo, I've still never had that defining moment where I ruled him out for good. Agree? Disagree?

My defining moment on Edwards came when Jim Kelly said publicly that he once had hopes for Edwards but it now was time to move on and try to find a new QB. I would say that Kelly, better than most for many reasons, knows when it is time to give up on a Bills QB.

Trent could definitely pull off a Rich Gannon-like career resurgence. Gannon was probably more athletic, but did not have as strong an arm. Release and intelligence are comparable.

All we know for sure about Trent Edwards is that he can't hack it behind a line that consists of rookies and cast-offs. What if he were given time and the confidence to go through his reads and find a rhythm? No one really knows.

If u were at games there were many a time when receivers were wide open and trent would either not throw it downfield or completely miss the window altogether. he was wayyyyy too hesitant to be an nfl QB. the probowlers are gunslingers not check down types

Losman's "scrambling" prowess never existed in the NFL. His career rushing total was less than 500 yards--less than 5 yards a carry. He was famous for being unable to avoid a sack--"elusive" is never a word that comes to mind when watching JP behind center. In fact he had the same number of rushes as sacks: 103---and he lost over 7 yards a sack!

This :beer:

If u were at games there were many a time when receivers were wide open and trent would either not throw it downfield or completely miss the window altogether. he was wayyyyy too hesitant to be an nfl QB. the probowlers are gunslingers not check down types

I understand. I think the guy lost all confidence. He just wanted to get the ball out before he got his ass-kicked by oncoming defenders. Lots of plays there was no rush and guys were open, but he was still in that shell-shocked mindset. Other guys would have perfomed much better under these circumstances.

My point is simply that he was more focused on getting rid of the ball than going through his progressions. Give the guy time and rebuild his confidence and I honestly think there's a future for him.

Another excuse for Edwards. Love it...lol

DUH.. We have had a ****ty oline for 10 years.. no QB has succeeded. Doesn't anyone get that?

I am not making excused for Dreadwards.. just stating facts dude.

While I admit the O line caused some problems with edwards, it definitely isn't the whole problem. When teams would drop back into 7 and 8 man coverages and make him find the open guy in the zone he just couldn't do it. He'd almost always end up checking down, scrambling, throwing it away, or throwing a pick (think cleveland MNF game). The guy just doesn't read the field well and its not always because he doesn't have enough time to.

Losman had the physical tools, but no one ever fixed his footwork, which resulted in his terrible accuracy issues. He also never learned the position, ie making reads, and thus sucked. Edwards came in and was teh anti Losman, ie he was very accurate and made reads quickly and was ver decisive with the ball. He ended up getting worse and worse and at the end of last season was a checkdown monster and sack taker. Seeing two QBs turn into basically the same player when at the beginning of their careers they couldnt have been more different makes me think it was all the terrible coaching. Who knows how good either could have been with adequate support/teaching. Football is 85% coaching.

Just one question. When is this argument going to end? Losman was off the team for 2009 and Edwards was a major disappointment. Injury prone and scared in the pocket. Other quarterbacks have been hit, had concussions and came back and still played well. Edwards stunk up the field.

I was a huge Losman supporter due to his arm, his scrambling ability and his toughness (side note: Losman could have ran for 500 yards a season if Jauron knew how to use him. Every time he took off, he got ten yards). I held out hope longer than just about anyone I knew until I finally pulled the plug on him. I remember the game distinctly: at Jacksonville toward the end of the 2007 season. I said, that's it, this is simply not happening, this guy sucks. As much as I doubt Edwards' ability to be the guy in Buffalo, I've still never had that defining moment where I ruled him out for good. Agree? Disagree?

I have had that defining moment about Edwards being finished about 48 times! I remember so many games in the elements rain, snow, hail, fog, cold, dreary, whatever..too sunny, too shady, too loud, too quiet, and through each Edwards almost always completely sucked lemons!! He throws too short, too long, to wrong receiver, often to the wrong team!! I will be so ready to hear that he has been released or traded whenever that day comes?? He's a bore, his responses are dry and repetitive and I am so tired of hearing him say after a really lousy game in every aspect of his performance, that he'll have to watch the tape and evaluate what went wrong!!! I'd even take Loserman over Edwards if it were down to two...and thank God it probably won't be that bleak! So I empahatically DISAGREE in every conceivable

way!!! :beer:

Just one question. When is this argument going to end? Losman was off the team for 2009 and Edwards was a major disappointment. Injury prone and scared in the pocket. Other quarterbacks have been hit, had concussions and came back and still played well. Edwards stunk up the field.

I agree with you 100% Good Job! :beer:

Edwards can't throw it to his receiver when he has the time, and when the receiver is wide open, and he often overlooks the receiver wide open heading towards the endzone for the five year dump off! He has poor vision, lacks leadership ability, doesn't motivate his offense and sulks, can't sense a blitz or the pocket closing, and is terrible if the weather is not perfect !!!!!!! Just why again is Trent Edwards worth thinking about in any capacity or thinking that he will amount to more than some backup QB in the CFL or UFL??? :beer:

Edwards can't throw it to his receiver when he has the time, and when the receiver is wide open, and he often overlooks the receiver wide open heading towards the endzone for the five year dump off! He has poor vision, lacks leadership ability, doesn't motivate his offense and sulks, can't sense a blitz or the pocket closing, and is terrible if the weather is not perfect !!!!!!! Just why again is Trent Edwards worth thinking about in any capacity or thinking that he will amount to more than some backup QB in the CFL or UFL??? :beer:

CORRECTION: 5 YARD DUMPOFF...