OH GOD NO!!! THE BILLS FOUND A NEW QB!

Bill Cowher

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a dog lover. And I have been a Bills fan for all 50 years. I was at East Aurora training camps in '61, '62 when all they had was a two pole goal post, a split rail fence, a two man blocking sled and one football. I want Vick. Mobile, pocket presence, gun of an arm, motivated with an awful lot to prove.

Ok, but I'm willing to bet that even Payton Manning would look somewhat ordinary playing on that 08 KC team. . .

Goodness gracious is this a hasty generalization. If Thigpen, after three seasons in the NFL were half the player Manning is, he'd be starting somewhere. Or he'd be mentioned as a possible starter to challenge Henne.

Instead, he's on his third team in three seasons at was typically inactive throughout the season. Why wouldn't the goober fans on TBD think he wasn't capable of being the Bills answer?

sounds like thigpen, brohm, and Lefevour will be it for us this year, btw, thigpin would be a good teacher for Lefevour, if anybody. IMO, those 3 are STILL BETTER THAN VICK.

so your serious...thigpen, brohm and lefevour are better than vick...i mean are u really REALLY serious? how long have you been watching football? i mean whats your motivation? tell me your just mad about the dogs because ill give you a pass, but if thats not the case you need your head examined. But your opinion is yours im just tryna see where your coming from?

Thigpen accumulated his stats from a spread type offense Gailey devised known as the pistol. While he threw 18 TD passes, his completion percentage hovered in the mid fifties. That's not going to get it done in today's pass happy NFL.

He was a ROOKIE from Coastal Carolina on a bad football team. Yeah, let's write the kid off.

He was a ROOKIE from Coastal Carolina on a bad football team. Yeah, let's write the kid off.

Again, why has he been on three teams in 3 seasons? I'm not writing him off, but after three years in the pros, I'd expect more than simply being a generally inactive 3rd stringer for a team featuring Pat White as their #2 QB.

I'm just fed up with the notion of finding a QB on the bargain bin. Chances are the kid isn't it, but stranger things have happened.

so your serious...thigpen, brohm and lefevour are better than vick...i mean are u really REALLY serious? how long have you been watching football? i mean whats your motivation? tell me your just mad about the dogs because ill give you a pass, but if thats not the case you need your head examined. But your opinion is yours im just tryna see where your coming from?

more than anything, yeah its about the dogs. but also, i dont think hes the type that would be a good mentor for a young qb, which we will inevitably have to acquire.

Hey everyone, the franchise QB that everyone is hoping for...isn't in the first round this year. It's not in the free agent pool this year. We will not have the QB of the future on our roster this year. This is a REBUILDING process. The goal is to find a QB this year that will be good enough to hold us until we do have that franchise QB.

Why should you hope this is a joke? He threw for more yards and more tds and less ints in less games under Gailey then the our entire QB core did last season.

Gailey knows the QB and if he were to go after him there would be a reason. At least he showed productivity under Gailey and at 25 years old has upside. Plus he can run which is good for the line we have.

I am not opposed to him as much as I am STRONGLY OPPOSED to Vick coming here.

Still not understanding all the drama and gnashing of teeth over this. They're not going to hand him the starting job.

Unless we pick a QB with our #1, why not bring in some QB's and let them compete?

+1. . . . I think all of us Thigpin realize this.

HAAAAAAAAAA!!!! ;) YOU CANT BE SERIOUS..so we got

1. Trent Edwards = scared to throw to receivers and super fragile

2. Ryan Fitzwhatever = Old journeyman QB whos maybe thrown over 250 once

3. Brian Brohm = A second year guy who got booted from the f*ckin practice squad

now add SUPPOSEDLY

4. Tyler Thigpen = a third string QB from another team

:w00t::lol:

and we think were gonna go somewhere hell we'd be better of starting jimmy clausen or tim tebow behind our sh*t stained line.

why are some of you happy again because im a lil lost in this celebration. I know some of you are opposed to vick and mcnabb but id take those two over those four stink bombs any day. Hell give me clausen (who has no winning record) or tebow (whos suspect) and ill get a bit more excited...

Right, third stringer from another team. Just like the guy you want.

I have been watching Football for a very long time. I watched alot of Vick games and the kid is unimpressive as a QB very imppressive as aa running QB. Vick doesnt have the vision to be a Passing QB he has never been known to be a passer hes a running QB only with no upside. He can barely complet half of his passes and cant throw for more then 2500 yards in a season so yeah the aformetnioned qbs would be a hell of a lot better then Vick negative attention aside,

Go with the players that have the upside. A franchise QB is born in the team not acquired at the age of 30.