dirty patriots play

billsburgh

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Harrison has always been a dirty player. Shows you the type of rotten organization that New England is. Replacing a team leader and altogether good guy in Milloy with a cocky, overrated dirty player like Harrison. He and the Pats belong together.

Man, some SERIOUS anger against the division leader here.

I've always admired the Patriots as a team and an organization. Bellichick is perhaps THE best coach in the league, and if you listened the MNF you heard the announcers lips soundly smacking the collective patriot ass, but rightly so.

As for their D and dirty play, many more teams such as Denver have stronger cases against them for such play. Their D simply finds ways to win each week, and over the past 2 seasons they gave compiled the BEST record in the league, mostly becuase some different defensive player comes up with big plays each wek, Brady makes good decisions, and the coaching always has the other team guessing.

I don't care if you hate the Patriots, but this post is a little weak.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.  Harrison has always been a dirty player.  Shows you the type of rotten organization that New England is.  Replacing a team leader and altogether good guy in Milloy with a cocky, overrated dirty player like Harrison.  He and the Pats belong together.

131094[/snapback]

I loved Milloy when he was in New England, but he's not half the player that Rodney Harrison is. If either is overrated on the field, it is definitely Lawyer - probably because he is a charismatic, likable guy.

I understand completely that Harrison is the type of guy that you love when he's on your team, and despise when he's playing for the opposition.

What I find amusing is that smart Patriot fans (they are in that 1% minority of Pats fans, but they do exist) realize that Rodney Harrison is a huge punk. We've had several Pats fans come here and admit to it. But he's a damn good player, despite all of his cheating and cheap shots. He's a guy who will probably end his career in a humiliating fashion, but until then he might as well continue to knock out offensive players and cheap shot more "W"s in the Pats win column.

Have any of you ever heard Rodney Harrison speak? The guy is a down to earth, respectful player who plays the game the way it should be played, hard hitting ALL THE TIME. This is football not soccer.

Who cares what he says, we're talking about what he does.

Rodney Harrison is probably one of my all-time 5 favorite players in the NFL. That being said, even I recognize the fact he's a dirtbag. Which is probably half the reason I love watching him play so much :blink:

I didn’t call him a punk (that isn’t remotely true), but he’s very aggressive and intense on the field. So I understand he’s one of those “lightning rod” type players that few feel ambivalently about. If he was on the Bills, you guys would love him. I dare say he’d be the most popular guy on your team.

He brings an awful lot of positives – leadership, intelligence, always around the ball and tremendous tackling skills. He’s probably the key reason why their secondary has held up so well despite the astounding depletion of healthy bodies at cornerback.

Harrison is a good guy.    Farthest thing from a "dirtbag" there is.

131350[/snapback]

He's such a good guy that he is the most fined player in the league over the past 3 seasons. And when he was asked about it by Peter King (or Dr. Z, I can't remember which) his quote was somethng like:

"I don't care about the rules. I am trying to kill the other team, legal or not, that's for the NFL to decide" :blink:

He's such a good guy that he is the most fined player in the league over the past 3 seasons. And when he was asked about it by Peter King (or Dr. Z, I can't remember which) his quote was somethng like:

"I don't care about the rules. I am trying to kill the other team, legal or not, that's for the NFL to decide" :blink:

131424[/snapback]

That being said, I don't think that particular play was dirty (or any more dirty than what happens every other week in the league).