PICK YOUR STYLE OF PLAY!

Choose you style of offense and defense.

OFFENSE

1. No Huddle, K gun.

2. West coast

3. Smash mouth run it down there throat.

4. Spread, College style.

DEFENSE

1. Tampa Cover 2

2. Blitzburgh 3-4 zone blitz

3. Chicago 46 blitz

4. 4-3 read and react

5. 3-4 read and react, Bills old style

I would like to see the Bills become a physical team with a smash mouth OFFENSE featuring Jackson and Lynch. DEFENSE should be an aggressive 4-3 defense.

OFFENSE

1. No Huddle, K gun.

2. West coast

DEFENSE

1. Tampa Cover 2

3. Chicago 46 blitz

4. 4-3 read and react

What no Lake Erie offense as an option?And how about the Bermuda Triangle defense. :w00t:

Gotta add another defense option in there for teh 4-3. Not quite Kitchen-sink style 4-6, but more aggressive than the read/react style 4-3. What MartyBall4Buffalo said basically, an attacking 4-3 similar to Jim Johnson's defense.

With that said, I would I would actually love to see a west-coast offense installed. It can work in cold weather (just ask Green Bay). For defense, an attacking 4-3.

OFFENSE

1. No Huddle, K gun.

2. West coast

DEFENSE

1. Tampa Cover 2

3. Chicago 46 blitz

4. 4-3 read and react

I would like to see the Bills become a physical team with a smash mouth OFFENSE featuring Jackson and Lynch. DEFENSE should be an aggressive 4-3 defense.

4-2

Spread them out on O and kill them on D! :w00t:

4. 4-3 1-gap and/or 2. Blitzburgh 3-4 zone blitz depending on personnel available.

Like idea of multiple looks on defense, if have personnel to pull it off. Changed 4-3 to one gap, as is more of an up-field pressure version of 4-3, rather than the 2 gap bend but don't break style.

Bills dont have personnel to run smash mouth offense or 3-4 currently, so if saying what think bills should play based on personnel have, would go with West Coast and 4-3 one gap. Only offense seeing TE having a chance at running succesfully is a Offense that is based on the checkdowns and short throws.

Offense:

overpowering offensive line is the key

- misdirection-based offense with counters, play actions, and lots of what might best be called 'trickery'. I never want the defense to feel comfortable.

Defense:

Forty-six, blitz-happy defense that dictates rather than read-react.

OFFENSE

1. No Huddle, K gun.

2. West coast

DEFENSE

1. Tampa Cover 2

3. Chicago 46 blitz

4. 4-3 read and react

Spread, College style. The rules say so.

4-3. I don't know what "read and react" means...

Age old dilemma. It's about the players. If the Tampa 2 in Buffalo were being played like Tampa did in 2005, we'd all be happy and not saying the defense was too small. That's because the Bucs in 05 could run, had great speed, were great tacklers and had linbackers that could cover a lot of ground. Without speed, great tackling, a fast middle linebacker you get ....us. A defense that is just small and gets injured way too much.

The typical 46 defense get's carved up by a good westcoast offense. Too slow for quick passes.

If we switch to a 3-4, it will be years to get the right personnel in here. This board hated the "read and react" 3-4 as it was a "bend don't break" effort. (Looks good to me right now. )

At the end of the day, an attacking 3-4 is my favorite. It could suck with bad personnel, but it's fun football to watch. I wonder if this board would give the team the few years it will need to build that kind of defense.

OFFENSE

1. No Huddle, K gun.

2. West coast

DEFENSE

1. Tampa Cover 2

3. Chicago 46 blitz

4. 4-3 read and react

3/2