Andre Reed needs to be inducted this year.

basskik11

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't think for the life of me a player who has been so under rated throughout his career.

Let's all pray he gets in. He deserves it!

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.aspx?PlayerId=265

I agree when you saw all the crossing patterns he ran over the middle, right into the teeth of the defense, no other WR did it as consistently. Redskin fans whined about Art Monk, but all he did was run short fade patterns to the sidelines, away from the defense. And Reed was often the #1 WR for the Bills, attracting the most attention from the defense. Whereas Monk as low as #3 for the Skins "Posse."

I hope it happens too, but I wouldn't bet on it. To many first year ballot players this year that will get in ahead of him: Emmitt, Rice, Tim Brown, possibly Shannon Sharpe on his second year. Plus you have someone like Chris Carter who is also waiting to get in. Hopefully in the voter's mind, Reed tops carter.

I hope it happens too, but I wouldn't bet on it. To many first year ballot players this year that will get in ahead of him: Emmitt, Rice, Tim Brown, possibly Shannon Sharpe on his second year. Plus you have someone like Chris Carter who is also waiting to get in. Hopefully in the voter's mind, Reed tops carter.

othet than rice, i wouldnt take any of those guys ahead of reed on my team

And Reed was often the #1 WR for the Bills, attracting the most attention from the defense. Whereas Monk as low as #3 for the Skins "Posse."

Monk may have been the number 3 option in the Redskins' offense in the last year or 2 of his career but the bulk of it he was the most productive guy on the roster.

1980: Rec: 1st Yds: 1st TDs: 3rd

1981: Rec: 2nd Yds: 1st TDs: 1st

1982: Rec: 1st Yds: 2nd TDs: 2nd ** Strike Year

1983: Rec: 2nd Yds: 2nd TDs: 3rd ** Missed a quarter of the season

1984: Rec: 1st Yds: 1st TDs: 1st

1985: Rec: 1st Yds: 1st TDs: 3rd

1986: Rec: 2nd Yds: 2nd TDs: 2nd

1987: Rec: 3rd Yds: 3rd TDs: 2nd ** Missed a quarter of the season.

1988: Rec: 2nd Yds: 2nd TDs: 3rd

1989: Rec: 1st Yds: 1st TDs: 2nd

1990: Rec: 2nd Yds: 2nd TDs: 2nd

1991: Rec: 1st Yds: 2nd TDs: 2nd

I agree when you saw all the crossing patterns he ran over the middle, right into the teeth of the defense, no other WR did it as consistently. Redskin fans whined about Art Monk, but all he did was run short fade patterns to the sidelines, away from the defense. And Reed was often the #1 WR for the Bills, attracting the most attention from the defense. Whereas Monk as low as #3 for the Skins "Posse."

Reed should have gotten in over Monk and Irvin. I don't even think Monk is a HOF'er and neither did Peter King(always said he should be in the hall of the very good) until he had a chat with Joe Gibbs. As stupid as it sounds Reeds window has come and gone. Too many WR's with better number will be eligeible in the next decade. Rice, Carter, Brown, Harrison, TO to name a few. Unless they expand the number of players that can make the HOF per year it just isn't going to happen.

I'm fully in Andre's corner...he deserves it 100%.

But this just ain't the year for an already (unjustly) borderline WR to sneak into the hall. The deck is too stacked. It would be like Kurt Warner trying to get in the same year as Brett Favre, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

August 2011 baby...I'll drag my ass back to those uncomfortable bleachers at Fawcett Stadium and all us Bills fans can bring the house down like we did this past summer. :wallbash:

Reed should have gotten in over Monk and Irvin. I don't even think Monk is a HOF'er and neither did Peter King(always said he should be in the hall of the very good) until he had a chat with Joe Gibbs. As stupid as it sounds Reeds window has come and gone. Too many WR's with better number will be eligeible in the next decade. Rice, Carter, Brown, Harrison, TO to name a few. Unless they expand the number of players that can make the HOF per year it just isn't going to happen.

But the funny thing is EVERY team would love to have a WR that could go across the middle like Reed. Other than Rice, I take Reed over the other guys simply for that reason. I WR of that quality going across the middle attracts so much attention that it frees up room on the outside for the other guys. And Reed turned plenty a 10 yard crossing route into long TDs.

Reed is not going to get in. He just doesn't have a Hall of Fame record.

How can you say that? He had the 2nd most catches in NFL history, behind only Jerry Rice.... The league is much more pass-happy now, so the numbers haven't held up, but that doesn't mean he wasn't there.

And as others have said, nobody else went over the middle and took the shots that Reed did game after game.

That said, I doubt it'll happen this year. :wallbash:

I can't think for the life of me a player who has been so under rated throughout his career.

Let's all pray he gets in. He deserves it!

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.aspx?PlayerId=265

Won't happen. They talked about this last summer, so many Bills have went in lately it hurts Reeds chances. AND you have 3 other WR's that were more 'poplular' in the race with him.

Aint going to happen. Rice and Carter will go in and face it Reed just isn't in their league.

You are comparing apples and oranges. There were more of an outside threat- Reed did his best work over the middle. He is a stronger/less shifty version of Wes Welker and very deserving of the hall of fame. More deserving than Kelly was