Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson ?

papazoid

You are so wrong, it isn't even funny. Brady Quinn isn't even close to Edwards. Quinn has horrible accuracy problems and flinches in the face of the pass rush. When he is protected, Edwards is more than good enough, but thats asking a lot from the least talented OL in the game- which is Buffalo, if you haven't guessed

Hilarious- what will you say when Trent is not only out of Buffalo but out of the game entirely. There line due to injuries did completely fall apart the second half of the season. But thats and excuse for Fitz since he beat Edwards out hard to complain holding the clip board

I live in Cleveland and watch many of the games and Anderson clearly has a hell of an arm. He's fairly accurate deep but does struggle with short/"touch" throws. He has a lot of tools but I'm not sure he can overcome his inconsistencies.

To me, there's a good chance Brady Quinn will be the long term solution in Cleveland. The last 3 or 4 games before he got hurt, it was obvious he was finally understanding how to quarterback in the NFL. He was recognizing the defense, pressure, and dealing out the ball in the face of pressure. His accuracy was errant on many of his throws but he was seeing the field and getting the ball to where it should be. Only question is if the accuracy will improve, which I think it will once he settles in to what he's doing. I honestly think he's right on the cusp of breaking out and putting together a good season.

It's certainly important to note that this was a first year coach and new offense so it takes time for the offense to pick up the system. As noted in another post, neither one of these guys have ever been given sufficient opportunity to be "the man" so there is upside for both.

All this being said, I don't think Anderson is really worth the Bills taking a chance on. Quinn is, but I doubt Holmgren is going to offer him.

Despite anything Edwards has done in the past, I think he's done. Maybe a new team/setting would get him back on track but I think he's just plain gunshy from being hit so much in college and with the Bills. Hope I'm wrong though.

I haven't seen a lot of Fitzy but when I have he seems like he'd be a very good backup and possibly a stopgap until we could get our next franchise quarterback candidate ready to play.