Trent Edwards Quick Draw

Guest dog14787
I like how they referred to him as "Start QB" and also how he talked about avoiding sacks....one of his strong points.

Behind a solid O-line and good coaching TE can avoid sacks and deliver the ball accurately anywhere on the football field , but its something Edwards has basically never seen before college or Pro's in my opinion.

Hand speed of 82 miles an hour? No wonder the kid has regressed...he is having too much fun on his own... :lol:

Seriously, I may be the only one who still thinks Trent may have some game, he just needs to be rehabilitated from his previous handlers... he just showed way too much promise early on, to have gone in the tank so quickly... get 'er done Chan!

You are not alone who thinks Trent may have some game. There is no doubt that Trent regressed last year to the point that he was flinching before the ball was snapped. But having a line that was flawed even before the injuries occurred certainly didn't help him or any other qb.

I don't see any downside to letting him compete against the other qbs and letting their performances on the field be the deciding factor as to who gets the starting nod.

Guest dog14787
You are not alone who thinks Trent may have some game. There is no doubt that Trent regressed last year to the point that he was flinching before the ball was snapped. But having a line that was flawed even before the injuries occurred certainly didn't help him or any other qb.

I don't see any downside to letting him compete against the other qbs and letting their performances on the field be the deciding factor as to who gets the starting nod.

TE has been benched long enough to heal both physically and mentally in my opinion.

He sucked in College and was captain checkdown/ oft injured there. His 'handling' in the pros doesn't change what he is and has always been.

Even at Stanford TE had a porous line. He was always under seige. Why not give him a chance to play his way on to the roster against the other listed qbs? When Buddy Nix became the GM some of his first comments pertained to the necessity of upgrading the the OL so the qb can have a reasonable chance of surviving, let alone succeeding. I still contend that our first round pick will be a LT. If that is the case then the present qbs on the roster will probably remain while some of the many needs will be addressed sooner while the qb issue will be delayed until further down the road.

Even at Stanford TE had a porous line. He was always under seige. Why not give him a chance to play his way on to the roster against the other listed qbs? When Buddy Nix became the GM some of his first comments pertained to the necessity of upgrading the the OL so the qb can have a reasonable chance of surviving, let alone succeeding. I still contend that our first round pick will be a LT. If that is the case then the present qbs on the roster will probably remain while some of the many needs will be addressed sooner while the qb issue will be delayed until further down the road.

he played on some of the least talented Stanford teams the last 20 years. Was hit more then a pinata. Was actually healthy for what he dealt with. But let's not let facts get in the way of another not very well thought out rant by ICE.

he played on some of the least talented Stanford teams the last 20 years. Was hit more then a pinata. Was actually healthy for what he dealt with. But let's not let facts get in the way of another not very well thought out rant by ICE.

I understand why there are so many people who have given up on Trent Edwards because of the way he performed last year. There is no doubt that the beating he took took its toll on him. I'm not confidently stating that Edwards is going to be a franchise qb. But what I can say for certain is that no qb can play at a decent level under such duress.

The Bills' organization should be ashamed of itself for believing that the OL was adequate after the departure of Jason Peters. There was no rational basis to believe that the LT position void and the lack of reserves on the OL was at an acceptable level. Our season was lost before it even started because of the hideous miscalculation of assessing the personnel needs on the line.

In my view there is no downside to allowing a player to compete for a roster spot. Even if the odds are low that Trent Edwards can be a capable qb what is the harm in giving him a fair shot at the position?

Seriously, I may be the only one who still thinks Trent may have some game, he just needs to be rehabilitated from his previous handlers... he just showed way too much promise early on, to have gone in the tank so quickly... get 'er done Chan!

I think Trent still has some game left but will need to have a solid OL for a while to get him back into rhythm again and a system which suits him well. As a back up QB he is certainly palatable but I think he needs to backup a decent QB to pick up some of the nuances he is missing while he get his feet solid again. I do not think he can carry a team like he was expected to do in Buffalo.

P.S. Please no horizontal line of characters without spaces - it makes it difficult for some to read screen.