Looking for a new place to live

GoodBye

I can so see Lana on a fishing boat or working the pipeline...

On the other hand, the male to female ratio is like 4 to 1 in the rural areas.

Wow! Sign me up! On second thought, don't men out-number women by 10-1? Those odds aren't for me! No wonder you're trying to lure Lana! :lol:

:thumbsup: Old myths sure die hard :doh: Doesn't anyone have access to census figures more currant than 1900?

The gold rush is over. Anchorage is just a regular city, 1:1 same as everywhere.

The only problem with woman in Anchorage is they wear to many damn clothes :rolleyes:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup: Old myths sure die hard :doh: Doesn't anyone have access to census figures more currant than 1900?

The gold rush is over. Anchorage is just a regular city, 1:1 same as everywhere.

The only problem with woman in Anchorage is they wear to many damn clothes :rolleyes:

I said rural

My house?

Seriously, you guys let that one slip past? Wow.

I've got an empty bedroom complete with direct TV right next to a full bathroom. In-ground pool with jacuzzi. Y'all come on down! Errr, I might have to run this by the wife first. :doh:

St Augustine is very nice. Plus I am looking for an apt and could use a cool roommate. But only if she likes homemade Italian food.

:rolleyes:

Actually, if I could live anywhere I would move back to San Francisco. I also really like Milwaukee. But then again, I'm a bit of a freak show.

You could stay with me :thumbsup:

I thought Alaska was supposed to be the state with no woman?

What the problems in the villages are is of no concern to me.

Again, I do not live in a remote village. I suspect they are mostly inbreed.

Hey Lana, if it makes you feel better, there should be an opening in the Alaska tourism office (where Jim works) soon.

The weather in Minnesota is great this time of year! Errr, nevermind.

If it weren't for the weather, I'd be interested. I'm looking for a state with MORE sunshine. :P

Essex CT- named best small town in America. Home of me!

This is a very good option! I love small towns.

Rochester's nice :doh:

Yes, AJ has told me so. But someone else told me to stay clear of NY. :lol:

I've got an empty bedroom complete with direct TV right next to a full bathroom. In-ground pool with jacuzzi. Y'all come on down! Errr, I might have to run this by the wife first. :rolleyes:

NC, eh? Hmmmmm... But yeah, check with the wife first. ;)

Ha! +9 in Minneapolis; +21 here in beautiful, balmy Anchorage. +9? Are you having a unseasonal heat wave?

Since this started with a tax issue, I need to brag on Alaska a bit.

No state tax.

No sales tax.

Every resident gets a yearly $800-$2000 check from the state from oil royalty investments.

Unemployment rate 2% lower than the lower 48.

Stable economy based on oil, military installations, fishing. Try to outsource THAT to India.

Nice! Very tempting. We don't have a sales tax either but do have a state tax which just got higher. :thumbsup:

Yeah, and they still think we drive covered wagons. :lol:

Isn't this the thing where they raised taxes on people making over 250k per year, raising taxes for corporations and the wealthy to pre-Nixon numbers? Probably will be a nice boost for small business. If you are losing your job, go start your own business :thumbsup:

Yes, those are the ones. It wasn't only people making over 250K, it was also S-corps, which are what most small companies are. The company I work for is a small C-corp which also is seeing an income tax increase. This income tax increase will also affect large corporations.

I'm Okay with tax increase if I didn't see so much waste. We are in a recession...our company had to cut costs. Shouldn't the State do that too? I'm also just sick of the one county (Multnomah Co) that always decides the votes for the rest of the state. Most of those people are non-natives that work for the State while the rest of the State are mostly native Oregonians that work for private companies.

If it weren't for the weather, I'd be interested. I'm looking for a state with MORE sunshine. :thumbsup:

Oh, we get tons of sunshine! It's almost always sunny during winter. It's 0F, but always sunny! Kind of a strange combo...

Yes, those are the ones. It wasn't only people making over 250K, it was also S-corps, which are what most small companies are. The company I work for is a small C-corp which also is seeing an income tax increase. This income tax increase will also affect large corporations.

I'm Okay with tax increase if I didn't see so much waste. We are in a recession...our company had to cut costs. Shouldn't the State do that too? I'm also just sick of the one county (Multnomah Co) that always decides the votes for the rest of the state. Most of those people are non-natives that work for the State while the rest of the State are mostly native Oregonians that work for private companies.

Ignore him, Connor isn't really good at this math or tax thing.