Bills and Tebow

HooperBills

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I think I'm what you would consider a "Jesus Freak" and I don't really want Tebow on the Bills. <_< If he was there in the 4th? Maybe. I hope the guy succeeds, I really do, but I don't think he's a good prospect for the NFL at QB.

i am proud to be a Jesus Freak. rnd 3 but I don't think he will be there.

Post of the Week.

One reason why I am resisting with Tebow in the RD2 are the players who are still available on most mocks

when we'd pick Tebow. I ran this simulation a few minutes ago:

41 Buffalo Tim Tebow QB Florida

42 NEngland Jermaine Gresham TE Oklahoma

43 Miami Brandon LaFell WR LSU

44 T Bay Golden Tate WR Notre Dame

45 Denver Marshawn Gilyard WR Cincinnati

46 NY Giants Chad Jones SS LSU

47 NEngland Ryan Mathews RBF Fresno State

48 Carolina Jason Pierre-Paul DE South Florida

I'd take Gresham TE, Gilyard WR/KR, and Pierre Paul DE, as well as Hernandez TE before I'd take Tebow at 41.

I like Nelson at TE. Pierre Paul now thats probably a good idea as i already said in another post 2nd round DE but I do need to take a better look at the kid.

I like Nelson at TE. Pierre Paul now thats probably a good idea as i already said in another post 2nd round DE but I do need to take a better look at the kid.

Pierre Paul is supposedly an athletic freak, but he only had one good year, and he had George Selvie rushing the passer opposite him who is no slouch. Anyway, he seems to be shooting up the board. I've seen some mocks having him go in the top 15 lately.

Fair enough, but Hansbrough is a rookie on the Pacers and he's averaging 8.5 points a game and nearly 5 rebounds a game. I wouldn't label him as a scrub yet. Seems to be developing nicely. I would say that is decent and I liken him a Joakim Noah, who possesses similar intangibles and weaknesses, has developed nicely as one of the leagues top rebounders even though he came out of college relatively raw.

Would you want a guy on your team who is good, but not sure if he is going to give it his all or someone who has the potential to be good, and is willing to bust his tail in doing so? I think the Tebows and the Hansbroughs are the latter and will only get better.

Agreed Kyle Williams>>Mike Williams hopefuly you get what I am trying to say.

Pierre Paul is supposedly an athletic freak, but he only had one good year, and he had George Selvie rushing the passer opposite him who is no slouch. Anyway, he seems to be shooting up the board. I've seen some mocks having him go in the top 15 lately.

Is he a legit DE I have Maybin moving to LB in my senario.

He's an athletic pass rusher. Not sure what his height and weight are, but from the few times I watched South Florida, he looked like he could play some LB too.

Someone else then. Maybe I am crazy but I like Maybin at LB. Just checked it out 6'6" 260 size and strength a + projects as legit DE but is considered widely as 1st rounder and is expected to sky rocket after the combine.

Someone else then. Maybe I am crazy but I like Maybin at LB. Just checked it out 6'6" 260 size and strength a + projects as legit DE but is considered widely as 1st rounder and is expected to sky rocket after the combine.

OK that's heavier than I had anticipated. Either way, he had one good year, and I believe Buddy Nix said something about one year wonders getting you in trouble, so I doubt we take him even if he falls into round 2.

Agree with your thoughts on Pierre. Humm...DE, Athletic Freak, one good year, remind us of anyone else?!?!?!

Tim Tebow is without a doubt one of the more talented players coming out of this 2010 nfl draft. There is no doubt that he is a strong leader and a tough guy but I dont see him being a franchise type quarterback. He is a running QB, but I dont feel he is as talented as a runner as Vince Young or what Mike Vick was. Other running quarterbacks that developed into good passers consist of Mcabb and Cullpeper. Tebow's ability to throw the ball is not as good as either of those two quarterbacks. I think Tebow should get a chance to start in the NFL and he is good enough to become a winning QB, coach purses I just dont see him beign able to carry a team or be the main vocal point for an offense.

Ok, so if the Bills get a LT is the 1st round, if Tebow is still there, should they pick him up in say the 2nd? 3rd? Let me know what you think, and please no Jesus comments, yes we know he is Christian, it really has nothing to do with this.

Its probably not going to matter because Jacksonville will probably take him in the 1st round. They want him to basically save the franchise. If he does slip to the 3rd round than I would definately take him. But the bills need a left tackle before anything