Had those cheap hits on Favre happened to Brady....

DarthICE

I am using what the league does apparently...

I guarantee though at a neutral sight, if the Aints think they will get away with that **** hitting Manning like that, they have another thing coming.

They won't get to Manning like that, the Colts O-Line is too good and Manning won't hold onto the ball that long. You really need to quit whining because the team you wanted to win lost-yes LOST. The Saints were the better team and Brees was by far the better QB in that game.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if that had been brees taking all those brutal and illegal cheap shots, they would have lost 38-10. assuming brees even finished the game

waaahhh!!!! my man-crush brett fah-vruh got knocked down by those big bullies!!!! it's not fair when football players hit him too hard!!!! :P

They also would have won 38-10 if Favre and the butterfingers crew could learn to not turn the ball over.

How is it illegal? If you come at a guy from behind and tackle him in the way that his knees bend in the right direction it's not an illegal tackle. You're getting upset because at the same time that tackle happened, another NO player tackled him from up high resulting in him getting contorted. By the letter of the book, it's a legit tackle. Football, by nature, is a violent sport. Those tackles were doing what they were supposed to and getting to the quarterback in a legal amount of time and knocking the stuffing out of him to give their team an advantage.

Maybe you're not used to seeing it Buffalo, as our DEs suck and never get that kind of pressure, but we'd all be hailing Maybin and Schoebel if they threw a hit like that on Brady, Sanchez or Henne.

i'll take coach jeff fischer's call that it was illegal and a blown call any day over some guy posting on the web who has henry winkler for an avatar

If you need to vomit, go read the NY Times article about the game. Blathering on and on about heroic, injured Favre "leading the Vikings from behind twice". Barely a mention about the defense absolutely dominating the Saints or his unfathomably horrid, game-losing INT. Just pathetic.

Hmmm...I must have missed that interception being returned for a game-winning td then. There is an unbelievable amount of bs going on to do with that interception - worst interception ever..., blah, blah, blah. Don't get me wrong - it was a stupid decision but as interceptions go it was far from being the worst as the limited time meant the Saints had no opportunity to take advantage of it. The interception did not lose the game - it denied the Vikings a chance at winning the game in regular time but it certainly did not lose the game - the Vikings still could have stopped the Saints in OT and won. Even if Favre hadn't thrown that interception there is absolutely no guarantee the Vikings would have gone on to get a field goal there. There are plenty of things that lost the Vikings the game - the turnovers, the fact that Childress did a Jauron and went ultra-conservative as soon as the Vikings were on the edge of field-goal range, dubious calls etc... To single out that interception as the deciding factor is daft.

+1

saints didnt win yesterday.

refs didnt win the game for saints eithers. this is bs.

vikings LOST that game because of the vikings, resulting in a sloppy win for the saints.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

One question-who is playing the Colts in the Superbowl?

i'll take coach jeff fischer's call that it was illegal and a blown call any day over some guy posting on the web who has henry winkler for an avatar

I didn't know Deanna Favre wasted her time on a Bills message board...

Hmmm...I must have missed that interception being returned for a game-winning td then. There is an unbelievable amount of bs going on to do with that interception - worst interception ever..., blah, blah, blah. Don't get me wrong - it was a stupid decision but as interceptions go it was far from being the worst as the limited time meant the Saints had no opportunity to take advantage of it. The interception did not lose the game - it denied the Vikings a chance at winning the game in regular time but it certainly did not lose the game - the Vikings still could have stopped the Saints in OT and won. Even if Favre hadn't thrown that interception there is absolutely no guarantee the Vikings would have gone on to get a field goal there. There are plenty of things that lost the Vikings the game - the turnovers, the fact that Childress did a Jauron and went ultra-conservative as soon as the Vikings were on the edge of field-goal range, dubious calls etc... To single out that interception as the deciding factor is daft.

I was a neutral spectator in this one but admit feeling a little sympathy for Favre. They so remind me of my poor Bills.

Agreed, chicot. Once the Vikings got to the 32, Childress must have thought he was on the 15. Two runs up the gut and kick a 9 iron chip but Nooo! One lame little penalty and suddenly its 3rd desperation at the 37. Whereas the Vikings lost their aggressiveness at the end on offense, they lost their nerve from the beginning on defense. N O didn't take long to proclaim how they intended to defend their goal. Hit Favre early and often at every opportunity legal or cough illegal. You could practically feel their intentions and hits as if they were saying just try to make it close and don't worry about yellow hankies, the refs' may even get tired of throwing them long before Favre has trouble throwing 15 yards downfield.

McCray's explosive late hit on Favre on a running play at the start signaled those intentions. Sharper followed with an even bigger hit 2 plays later that was borderline. And it continued that way through the rest of game. It amazed me that Favre was still standing at the end.

The Vikings should have countered, on the very first Saint possession by laying down the law - a monster late hit on Brees yellow flag be damned.

In hockey, if your opponent runs your goalie you counter by running theirs. In baseball, if

they pitch at your head, you pitch at theirs and in football they late hit your QB why shouldn't you late hit theirs. How many roughing calls came the Vikings way?

I was a neutral spectator in this one but admit feeling a little sympathy for Favre. They so remind me of my poor Bills.

Agreed, chicot. Once the Vikings got to the 32, Childress must have thought he was on the 15. Two runs up the gut and kick a 9 iron chip but Nooo! One lame little penalty and suddenly its 3rd desperation at the 37. Whereas the Vikings lost their aggressiveness at the end on offense, they lost their nerve from the beginning on defense. N O didn't take long to proclaim how they intended to defend their goal. Hit Favre early and often at every opportunity legal or cough illegal. You could practically feel their intentions and hits as if they were saying just try to make it close and don't worry about yellow hankies, the refs' may even get tired of throwing them long before Favre has trouble throwing 15 yards downfield.

McCray's explosive late hit on Favre on a running play at the start signaled those intentions. Sharper followed with an even bigger hit 2 plays later that was borderline. And it continued that way through the rest of game. It amazed me that Favre was still standing at the end.

The Vikings should have countered, on the very first Saint possession by laying down the law - a monster late hit on Brees yellow flag be damned.

In hockey, if your opponent runs your goalie you counter by running theirs. In baseball, if

they pitch at your head, you pitch at theirs and in football they late hit your QB why shouldn't you late hit theirs. How many roughing calls came the Vikings way?

everyone is dumber for reading this. They were out to win the game, not hurt Favre :beer: this board is getting more and more ridiculous everyday

everyone is dumber for reading this. They were out to win the game, not hurt Favre :beer: this board is getting more and more ridiculous everyday

It's sad how many people have been suckered into the Favre hype. The mass media/ESPN/b.s. hype machine is designed to create heroes so they can attract the eyeballs of the casual fan and thereby expand the audience. That's why a handful of players are over-hyped and talked about as if they can do no wrong -- none moreso than Favre. It's just like how the PGA marketed Tiger Woods to great success. Only difference is that Favre is more like Greg Norman in the clutch.