Revis, Mangold and Harris

Dawgg

The Bills could have had both Revis, David Harris, and Nick Mangold.

Instead, Marv Levy took Whitner, McCargo, and Poz.

Hiring Marv was the biggest mistake Ralph Wilson made. I look forward to improved drafts under Buddy Nix. :ph34r:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In a mock draft game I picked Revis for the Bills. But that year we took Lynch not D.Whit.

It's hard to fault Marv on the Marshawn pick because the guy we pegged to draft (Patrick Willis) got taken one pick ahead of us. Marshawn was the 2nd highest rated RB in the draft at a position that we could've used an upgrade. Grabbing Poz in the 2nd sort of eased the pain of missing out on Willis (at the time).

But, in general, drafting a RB so high is against my philosophy. RBs are a dime a dozen. Find yourself a fred jackson (there are lots of 'em) and give him the best offensive line possible. That's my take.

It's hard to fault Marv on the Marshawn pick because the guy we pegged to draft (Patrick Willis) got taken one pick ahead of us. Marshawn was the 2nd highest rated RB in the draft at a position that we could've used an upgrade. Grabbing Poz in the 2nd sort of eased the pain of missing out on Willis (at the time).

But, in general, drafting a RB so high is against my philosophy. RBs are a dime a dozen. Find yourself a fred jackson (there are lots of 'em) and give him the best offensive line possible. That's my take.

Marv said they had Poz as the #1 LB

Hiring Marv was the biggest mistake Ralph Wilson made. I look forward to improved drafts under Buddy Nix. :ph34r:

I actually don't think Harris is any better than Poz. Yeah, he's good, but Poz turned into a very, very good player this year. I guess the issue is whether they needed to trade up for him when they could have had Harris, a functionally equivalent player.

yada yada yada - give it a rest already - try looking to the future

I actually don't think Harris is any better than Poz. Yeah, he's good, but Poz turned into a very, very good player this year. I guess the issue is whether they needed to trade up for him when they could have had Harris, a functionally equivalent player.

Harris was rated above Poz on a number of boards, and rightfully so.

Poz is a pretty good player. Harris is a Pro-Bowl caliber player.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Every team in the league could've drafted Tom Brady but he went in the 6th round.

There was no hindsight. The Bills were the laughing stock of the draft when they took Whitner and McCargo in the first round. It was obvious then, and it's even more obvious now watching these players excel in the playoffs.

Reality check... Poz is not a very, very good player. He is a very, very, mediocre player. He played better in the latter part of the season but he was only mediocre at best and he is not very tough. Harris is a much better player. He reads the play better and he is a much harder hitter and he can shed blocks better.

Poz may be better than Harris at checkers, soccer and parcheesi but Harris is a better football player.

There was no hindsight. The Bills were the laughing stock of the draft when they took Whitner and McCargo in the first round. It was obvious then, and it's even more obvious now watching these players excel in the playoffs.

This board has collectively made better decisions than the front office in the last 4 years.