Championship Sunday -who ya got?

Chandler#81

I think Peyton Manning is a choker type of a QB when it comes to the playoffs. The Jets are the tougher team, they have the better defense and the better running game. Colts will rue the day they let laid down to the Jets in week 16. I think the Jets beat them.

The Saints will beat the Vikings. They'll go on to beat the Jets in the Superbowl.

Hmm.. guess you weren't around in 2006/2007 when the Colts won the Superbowl?

Hmm.. guess you weren't around in 2006/2007 when the Colts won the Superbowl?

That was his one good year in the playoffs out of 11 seasons total. Check it out...

Playoff Record as Starting QB: 1999 (0-1), 2000 (0-1), 2002 (0-1), 2003 (2-1), 2004 (1-1), 2005 (0-1), 2006 (4-0), 2007 (0-1), 2008 (0-1)

I think the Colts destroy the Jets. The Colts took the game off when they played the Jets.. just like when they played Buffalo. No way the Jets can come back if they get behind. If they try say hello to interceptions from their rookie QB.

The NO vs Vikes game is much harder to call.. I would like to see the Vikes go all the way. They have lost 4 Superbowls like us poor Bills fans and I think it would be cool to see Favre win a superbowl and retire properly.

That was his one good year out of 11 in the playoffs. Check it out...

Playoff Record as Starting QB: 1999 (0-1), 2000 (0-1), 2002 (0-1), 2003 (2-1), 2004 (1-1), 2005 (0-1), 2006 (4-0), 2007 (0-1), 2008 (0-1)

So he won 7 and lost 8? Not bad for the playoffs.. It's not easy to win playoff games.. **** we can't even get to the playoffs..

So he won 7 and lost 8? Not bad for the playoffs.. It's not easy to win playoff games.. **** we can't even get to the playoffs..

When four of those wins is from the one Superbowl year that's a horrible record. I just see Manning and the Colts blowing it again.

That was his one good year in the playoffs out of 11 seasons total. Check it out...

stats, stats, stats......

how many of those years did indy's defense rank in the bottom half of the league?

from all the playoff losses manning's colts have had, i dont remember too many of them being low scoring.....

stats, stats, stats......

how many of those years did indy's defense rank in the bottom half of the league?

from all the playoff losses manning's colts have had, i dont remember too many of them being low scoring.....

Relax, it's just my opinion. Manning is the Colts, he's the reason for them winning the Superbowl and he's a big reason for the losses too.

Relax, it's just my opinion. Manning is the Colts, he's the reason for them winning the Superbowl and he's a big reason for the losses too.

oh, i'm relaxed.

i wasnt attacking. just showing that once again, stats can be twisted any way you or i want them to be.

I'm tired of hearing how Indy is not going to win this sunday or how they are going to get crushed... Seriously? Have the "Experts" forgotten that the starters will actually be playing the whole game?

My prediction

Colts 44

Jets 7

For the other game I have a feeling it is either going to be a close game or a huge "Favre Collapse" and Minnesota gets blown out... This game is really hard to pick and it could go either way...

Minnesota 20

Saints 17

The Saints will beat the Vikings. They'll go on to beat the Jets in the Superbowl.

This seems to be the most unlikely scenario. So it's probably gonna happen..

Great stuff Folks!

Soo looking forward to these games. It's what the league is all about!

I read the Jets are already selling AFC Championship gear! Hey Rex, the cocky act was neat but now you are f**king with karma. I hope the Colts mop the floor with your team and you can send all your Jets gear to Africa with all the Bills Super Bowl gear.

PTR

The far worse karma is the Colts having a 14-0 (unbeaten) record and literally letting the Jets beat you at home. They gave away an unbeaten record without batting an eye. Then in the final week they kept their starters in the game long enough to reach stat goals. So you give away an unbeaten record to protect your starters, but then risk their health for stat reasons???? This year the Colts became an embarrassment to fans of real football. I hope the Jets "mop the floor" with the Colts because of them just giving that game away with an unbeaten record at home. As a football fan that was about as ball-less as it gets.

Once you get here, anything can happen and we've seen evidence of it in recent years. One story not getting much press is the Jets/Farve angle. Brett coming out of retirement (again) last year and being traded to the AFC was arguably the sports story of the year. He, alone, was gonna make the Jets relevant again, finally. As the season wore on and Farve wore out, the Jets regressed into also-rans once more. After the season, both parties agreed to separate -Farve into retirement (again) and the Jets would look elsewhere for a QB.

One year later, Farve has led the Vikings back to the title game and the Jets, who shocked the league with a 1st round draft trade up, find themselves in the same position as a bonafide contender for years to come. IMO, the only thing more interesting than how this played out would be seeing both teams faceoff in 2 weeks.

My picks: Colts over Jets (oh well..)

Vikes over Saints

Jets over Indy - Vikes over Saints - Vikes in the SB [Minnesota finally gets one]