Bills Starting O-Line 2010!

F UNC

LT - Draft best LT avail 2nd rd (obtain LB McClain or QB in 1st rd)

LG - Wood (solid, smart, and tough)

C - Hangartner (serviceable, intelligent, durable, and experienced)

RG - Incognito (solid and tough)

RT - Levitre (solid - played tackle in college, has good agility, and smarts to play RT - not prototypical bc lack of height and arm length, but agility and athleticism would suffice)

Brad Butler as 1st reserve off the bench and the others can fight it out in camp for the other spots.

We are NOT that far away up front. Add a stud QB in the draft to compete with Brohm and Fitzy in camp.

RT - Levitre (solid - played tackle in college, has good agility, and smarts to play RT - not prototypical bc lack of height and arm length, but agility and athleticism would suffice)

Brad Butler as 1st reserve off the bench and the others can fight it out in camp for the other spots.

We are NOT that far away up front. Add a stud QB in the draft to compete with Brohm and Fitzy in camp.

Kiper projects the Notre Dame QB to us. Now let's get to work.

LT freeagent (Mat Light)

LG Incognito

C Wood

RG Butler

RT Leivtre

Hargartner first OG/C in when hurt, he'll be disapointed but Woods is a pure Center. Bills were OK with Hargartner at LG when they signed him also if Incognito doesn't fit in our plans. Butler is a big (330lbs) powerful RG guard, never should have switched to tackle, feet are to slow. Levitre has quick feet (Tackles are much more athletic and around 300lbs the past couple years because the 3-4 is back and small DE/LB are in). We have alot of depth on the line now thanks to all the injuries. Some of those guys we picked up were pretty good since they didn't go through a camp with us and are still very young; Meredith, Ramsey, Scott. One or two of them have a shot at sticking. Bye to Gaddis and Chambers

1st Pick McClain/OLB

2nd DT/Nose/DE best available

3rd MLB need 2 in 3-4

4th best available QB/RB/WR

We are going to a 3-4 and need linebackers. Bell is our future LT, needs maturing (more muscle). Pickup a few lineman that are projects/backups from 5th round down. Veteran QB ( I like Carr-big arm - athletic ) found in freeagency or trade (McNabb). Brohm is our project for now. Fitzgerald is our backup. Bye Trentative! Need to find a RB in draft or freeagent, trade Lynch.

Dude I just started a thread on this like an hour ago. Why you tryin to steal my thunder?

If we move Wood it will be to C. Why the hell would we move Andy to RT after the good year he had at LG?

Because we want to continue the mix and match offensive line play we had last year

Left Tackle Chad Clifton Free AgentCenter Hamgartner

Right Gaurd Incognito with Levitre

Right Tackle Anthony Davis (number 1 drat shoice)

Don't see us picking a qb until round 3 or 4 Jevan Sneed of Ol Miss or Bill Stull of Pittsburgh. Too many defensive line and linebacker needs, although if Tebow gets into round 2 I'd have to give it some thought. Many would disagree with picking Tebow at all.

LT freeagent (Mat Light)

LG Incognito

C Wood

RG Butler

RT Leivtre

I like this a lot... But, I am not sure Levitre is strong enough right now,,, Maybe he stays at Guard and Butler stays at tackle, but its nice to have options.. and I am not a huge Matt Light fan... There will be players available all over to fill that spot.. My guess they go Rd 2 or 3 to grab a tackle if at all... Could be a FA...

I really think it should be more like:

LT - Draft best LT avail 2nd rd

LG - Levitre

C - Hangartner

RG - Wood (Incognito if wood isn't 100%)

RT - Butler

I think making hangartner a backup isn't a great idea. He started all the games and had two rookies around him. Not to mention, the more we keep switching these guys up the more it is going to set us back. We can plug and play all we want, but our interior line was pretty decent. It was our tackles that sucked. We should leave the interior alone and just fix the tackles and our line will be just fine, maybe even good depending on who our tackles are.

As for incognito, I think it is great to have him on here, especially with the hell we went through with injuries. But I like hangartner, wood, and levitre better. Our oline made WAY too many penalties last year. And incognito, that is his biggest downside making costly penalties. I want us to be tough, but I really want those penalties to go down too. And like I said, I think the interior is fine and should be left that way. Just fix the tackles. But I do think it is great to have incognito for depth reasons, because on this team you really need it with the injuries we get.

LT freeagent (Mat Light)

LG Incognito

C Wood

RG Butler

RT Leivtre

Hargartner first OG/C in when hurt, he'll be disapointed but Woods is a pure Center. Bills were OK with Hargartner at LG when they signed him also if Incognito doesn't fit in our plans. Butler is a big (330lbs) powerful RG guard, never should have switched to tackle, feet are to slow. Levitre has quick feet (Tackles are much more athletic and around 300lbs the past couple years because the 3-4 is back and small DE/LB are in). We have alot of depth on the line now thanks to all the injuries. Some of those guys we picked up were pretty good since they didn't go through a camp with us and are still very young; Meredith, Ramsey, Scott. One or two of them have a shot at sticking. Bye to Gaddis and Chambers

1st Pick McClain/OLB

2nd DT/Nose/DE best available

3rd MLB need 2 in 3-4

4th best available QB/RB/WR

We are going to a 3-4 and need linebackers. Bell is our future LT, needs maturing (more muscle). Pickup a few lineman that are projects/backups from 5th round down. Veteran QB ( I like Carr-big arm - athletic ) found in freeagency or trade (McNabb). Brohm is our project for now. Fitzgerald is our backup. Bye Trentative! Need to find a RB in draft or freeagent, trade Lynch.

I like Wood at center but I don't know yet about Incognito

This is what gets this team in trouble.....Moving Wood and Levitre is not going to solve your problem....

Levitre had a great rookie season at the LG position, a position that he has learned for a year in the NFL. He should stay in that spot going into the next season. The same goes for Wood. He was starting to come around at that position. Why nchange him to LG....

Remember, just the same shuffle causing all the heartbreak last year....Moving Butler to RG, Levitre who was a tackle to LG and Wood who was a Center to RG.....OL cohesion cannot be over emphasized.

I'd also vote for this group. Would be OK with switching Butler and Leivtre. That leaves Hangartner, Meridith, Bell and forget ther other guy as reserves. (Scott??) Not a bad group there.

LT freeagent (Mat Light)

LG Incognito

C Wood

RG Butler

RT Leivtre

I like this a lot... But, I am not sure Levitre is strong enough right now,,, Maybe he stays at Guard and Butler stays at tackle, but its nice to have options.. and I am not a huge Matt Light fan... There will be players available all over to fill that spot.. My guess they go Rd 2 or 3 to grab a tackle if at all... Could be a FA...

Rex Ryan in Peter King's SI column today:

"I've told the coaches and players from the start of this thing, 'If we have a good offensive line, we're going to win.' It's that simple. Everything flows from that.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writ...p#ixzz0dMgv3IBd

Dear god I hope Buddy Nix gets that.

LT free agent

LG Wood/Incognito

C Hangartner

RG Incognito/Butler

RT Levitre

It all comes down to Woods health and our ability to sign a valid LT. I don't expect that a starting LT will fall to us in the draft, so we are needing to find one on the market. Mat Light makes some sense. Marcus McNeill will ask more than he is worth and has some injury concerns, but he's done a solid job protecting the jerk in San Diego for a few years. Despite the fact that you wouldn't think Tampa would have a good O-lineman after their performance this year, Donald Penn is young and did a very good job of protecting Freemans blindside this year.

LT-Draft/Meridith/Bell

LG-Leivtre

C-Wood

RG-Incognito

RT-Butler

Hangartner back up the 3 IOL spots

Levitre MIGHT play LG and that MIGHT be OK, but why waste Incognito who can only play Guard? Plus, Hangartner is OK at Center and proved valuable there last year. Levitre played Tackle in college and in the NFL last year for a game or two and could easily play the right side.

My guess is Hangartner aint going to the bench, sorry guys. Incognito would kill somebody if he were signed and then benched. Levitre is the obvious RT candidate.

Kiper projects the Notre Dame QB to us. Now let's get to work.

Kiper's a total sh*t. He uses a program based on numbers and needs only to make these predictions. I do like to hear what the computer spits out (i.e. whats coming out of his mouth) but all in all he doesnt know anything.

Success rate is like 8%

Levitre MIGHT play LG and that MIGHT be OK, but why waste Incognito who can only play Guard? Plus, Hangartner is OK at Center and proved valuable there last year. Levitre played Tackle in college and in the NFL last year for a game or two and could easily play the right side.

My guess is Hangartner aint going to the bench, sorry guys. Incognito would kill somebody if he were signed and then benched. Levitre is the obvious RT candidate.

Might play LG? He did and will play LG. Inco is a RG that is why I have him at RG. Andy played LT, we had him learn LG and he played very good at LG so keep him there. Hangartner is a back-up type, he didn't do anything great last year was avg.

Lol, okay, Butler is the obvious RT candidate.

IMO you could not be more incorrect. why in gods name you would want to move around all our young guys who just spent their rookie year learning their new positions is beyond me. that is absolutly a ridiculous move IMO!

the only position change once Butler gets well is maybe @ LT. however i would not count Bell or Meridith out after another year in the weight room.

LG=levitire

c =hangartner

RG=wood

RT=Butler