Tired of all the negativity.....

xsoldier54

Not at all. I find it unenjoyable as well. What I meant by my post is that it's fine to not accept the status quo. I don't like it either. I just wish people on this forum would be more positive in their suggestions on how to fix the team. Most of them sound like they hate the Bills. I don't hate them. I hate the fact that they lose way too much. I always want them to win. Every single week regardless of who they are playing and what their record might be. I am open to any and all suggestions on how to fix the team as long as it is done in a positive manner. And if people want to be negative, that is their right as well. I just don't find it productive or particularly interesting. Hope this helps to clarify.

The anger is passion. In many cities, a losing team results in apathetic fans. In many cities, fans simply make fun of the situation. Buffalo is more passionate than cities like those. That's why you feel this negativity about the team right now. It is passion.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of the frustration is because for many years now the majority of fans have questioned management's decisions but ultimately said "I'll give them the benefit of the doubt...I'll have faith that they know better than me"...and time and again we were right to have our doubts. When donahoe hired Gregg Williams, we all had doubts. We were right to. When Whitner, Lynch, Maybin, Losman, McGahee, and a slew of other players were drafted, we had doubts. We were right to. This isn't a case of hindsight being 20/20. It's a case of Bills Nation putting their faith in a front office that has made an art form of messing up personnel decisions. Bills Nation is sick of it.

I have been a Bills fan since the very beginnings in the 1960's. I have been through the AFL glory days, the Super Bowl years and all the lean years as well. Lately I have been reading this forum and it makes me sick. If you guys hate the organization so much, then it is time to find another team. All the ridiculing and ignorance does not speak well for those of you that insist on taking that attitude. I want the team to win as much as anyone. I am as frustrated as you are, but part of being a fan is sticking behind your team in good times and bad. These are the bad ones. If you want to leave then go ahead and find another team, but please stop polluting this site with your negativity. As for Chan Gailey, from what I have read, he is a good man and a good coach. He has had a winning record in every stint as a head coach except one year in Division II college football. He has coached in all facets of the game and been successful doing so. If I am a GM and look at coaching resumes, this guy is highly qualified and certainly the most well respected candidate among other coaches of those that were considered. He is a man of character and integrity. For my money, it was a good hire. Screw the national media. Since when do they know anything? Especially about Buffalo. If you are worried about what others think of the city and the franchise, then you will never be happy, because there will always be bigots that ridicule Buffalo, because they don't know any better. I have a suggestion. Enjoy the games. Even the ones we lose. Is it frustrating? Yes. Is it painful? Yes. Guess what, that's all part of living and breathing with your team. Go Bills!

1. I don't believe any Bills fans on this board "Hates the organization" but they/we do hate the way it has been run over the past decade and the lack of effort to make it a winning team once again, like the fans in Western New York and all across this great country deserve.

2. I unlike you haven't been around since the early 1960's but I have been around since the early 1970's, so I feel I have earned the freedom to express my disgust and disappointment with the way the team that I have loved since my childhood has been turned into the NFL's biggest joke, a team that so many don't want anything to do with.

3. You tell people to find another team, why don't you find another board to read? People are free to post what they want to on here as long as they stay within the board moderators guidelines (no profanity, etc.)

4. Have you ever heard the saying "The Squeaky Wheel gets the Oil"? Kinda true with this team too. If the fans don't express their lack of satisfaction or disgust with the current situation, things will never change (they still might not but it helps). If it wasn't for the fanbase and media being so vocal, I believe Jauron would have been around to the end of the season, and probably around headed into the 2010 season. Do you really think Ralph would have fired him all on his own and took on an additional salary? DJ is still getting paid by Ralphie (unless he tries to get out of it like he did with Wade Phillips).

5. Tell the Patriots, Cowboys, Eagles, Steelers, Ravens, etc. etc., fanbases that going 10 years without making the playoffs, hiring 5 coaches in 10 years, having one less home game than any other team in the NFL because your tightwad senile owner sold one to the country north of you to put some more milliions in his pocket that he won't spend on making the team better, and being a joke around the country is just to quote you "all part of living and breathing with your team" and see if they sit back and say all is great and smile and enjoy being angry after 9 out of every 10 games that you watch of the team you give your heart and soul for, not to mention a good portion of your bank account to on tickets, memorabilia, clothes etc.

6. So I guess what I am saying anyone who wants to come on this board and vent their frustrations has all the right to do that as you do in coming on here and saying that you love the way things are being run and don' t like people talking negative about the Bills.

I have been a Bills fan since the very beginnings in the 1960's. I have been through the AFL glory days, the Super Bowl years and all the lean years as well. Lately I have been reading this forum and it makes me sick. If you guys hate the organization so much, then it is time to find another team. All the ridiculing and ignorance does not speak well for those of you that insist on taking that attitude. I want the team to win as much as anyone. I am as frustrated as you are, but part of being a fan is sticking behind your team in good times and bad. These are the bad ones. If you want to leave then go ahead and find another team, but please stop polluting this site with your negativity. As for Chan Gailey, from what I have read, he is a good man and a good coach. He has had a winning record in every stint as a head coach except one year in Division II college football. He has coached in all facets of the game and been successful doing so. If I am a GM and look at coaching resumes, this guy is highly qualified and certainly the most well respected candidate among other coaches of those that were considered. He is a man of character and integrity. For my money, it was a good hire. Screw the national media. Since when do they know anything? Especially about Buffalo. If you are worried about what others think of the city and the franchise, then you will never be happy, because there will always be bigots that ridicule Buffalo, because they don't know any better. I have a suggestion. Enjoy the games. Even the ones we lose. Is it frustrating? Yes. Is it painful? Yes. Guess what, that's all part of living and breathing with your team. Go Bills!

Shut up! What you are essentially saying is to enjoy losing and not complain about it! Great attitude! ACCEPT THE STATUS QUO AND THE MEDIOCRE! NEVER AIM FOR THE STARS! TAKE WHATEVER LIFE GIVES YOU! I am sorry man, but this is the single dumbest post that I've ever read. Enjoy being a loser zsoldier54!

Did anyone expect the Jets to be in the NEC championship this year????

Constructive criticism is the best. He is refering to the Just die, Move the team, This sucks, you suck i suck people.

When Marv Levy was hired as GM, Ralph said he was going to become more involved in the draft.

I think that is insane.

The Bills are a dysfunctional organization- IMO.

Does this make me negative?

No, it makes you Captain Obivious! But these Buffalo Bills Lemmings who, "Love the Bills no matter what!" are the same people who are just happy to get a paycheck every other week. They love mediocrity because they are ill-equipped to do anything that takes a little effort. They relate to the Bills because they are used to losing. Sorry for the soapbox but this post just annoyed the SH*T out of me.

When Marv Levy was hired as GM, Ralph said he was going to become more involved in the draft.

I think that is insane.

The Bills are a dysfunctional organization- IMO.

No, read the last part of my post ( The die ralph part)

No, it makes you Captain Obivious! But these Buffalo Bills Lemmings who, "Love the Bills no matter what!" are the same people who are just happy to get a paycheck every other week. They love mediocrity because they are ill-equipped to do anything that takes a little effort. They relate to the Bills because they are used to losing. Sorry for the soapbox but this post just annoyed the SH*T out of me.

:doh: but i think :flirt:

First of all, you don't know me or know anything about me. I served my country for 23 years in the U.S. Army and am a Legion of Merit recipient. So much for mediocrity huh? I am currently a systems engineer building new Army systems and very succesful at that as well. Maybe if you actually read my post you might understand it, but judging by your response, I doubt it. Far from accepting the status quo, what I was suggesting is that people be more positive in their suggestions on how to improve the team. I get just as frustrated as anyone else and I stated that in my post. I just don't feel that being negative about every single thing that the team does is productive or even interesting.

First of all, you don't know me or know anything about me. I served my country for 23 years in the U.S. Army and am a Legion of Merit recipient. So much for mediocrity huh? I am currently a systems engineer building new Army systems and very succesful at that as well. Maybe if you actually read my post you might understand it, but judging by your response, I doubt it. Far from accepting the status quo, what I was suggesting is that people be more positive in their suggestions on how to improve the team. I get just as frustrated as anyone else and I stated that in my post. I just don't feel that being negative about every single thing that the team does is productive or even interesting.

Thank you for your service, my man!! :flirt:

oh, nice post, too. :doh:

1. I don't believe any Bills fans on this board "Hates the organization" but they/we do hate the way it has been run over the past decade and the lack of effort to make it a winning team once again, like the fans in Western New York and all across this great country deserve.

2. I unlike you haven't been around since the early 1960's but I have been around since the early 1970's, so I feel I have earned the freedom to express my disgust and disappointment with the way the team that I have loved since my childhood has been turned into the NFL's biggest joke, a team that so many don't want anything to do with.

3. You tell people to find another team, why don't you find another board to read? People are free to post what they want to on here as long as they stay within the board moderators guidelines (no profanity, etc.)

4. Have you ever heard the saying "The Squeaky Wheel gets the Oil"? Kinda true with this team too. If the fans don't express their lack of satisfaction or disgust with the current situation, things will never change (they still might not but it helps). If it wasn't for the fanbase and media being so vocal, I believe Jauron would have been around to the end of the season, and probably around headed into the 2010 season. Do you really think Ralph would have fired him all on his own and took on an additional salary? DJ is still getting paid by Ralphie (unless he tries to get out of it like he did with Wade Phillips).

5. Tell the Patriots, Cowboys, Eagles, Steelers, Ravens, etc. etc., fanbases that going 10 years without making the playoffs, hiring 5 coaches in 10 years, having one less home game than any other team in the NFL because your tightwad senile owner sold one to the country north of you to put some more milliions in his pocket that he won't spend on making the team better, and being a joke around the country is just to quote you "all part of living and breathing with your team" and see if they sit back and say all is great and smile and enjoy being angry after 9 out of every 10 games that you watch of the team you give your heart and soul for, not to mention a good portion of your bank account to on tickets, memorabilia, clothes etc.

6. So I guess what I am saying anyone who wants to come on this board and vent their frustrations has all the right to do that as you do in coming on here and saying that you love the way things are being run and don' t like people talking negative about the Bills.

Another Bills fan on this board that can't read. I didn't say I enjoy the way things are being run. I just said that I am tired of all the negativity. I don't think it is productive or interesting at all. Fine, complain all you want, but to constantly whine about everything the team does or fails to do just gets old. I agree that people have a right to their opinions, just as I do. What I was saying is that this forum tends to be excessively negative and it gets boring.

par·a·graph (pr-grf)

n.

1. A distinct division of written or printed matter that begins on a new, usually indented line, consists of one or more sentences, and typically deals with a single thought or topic or quotes one speaker's continuous words.

2. A mark ( ¶ ) used to indicate where a new paragraph should begin or to serve as a reference mark.

3. A brief article, notice, or announcement, as in a newspaper.

tr.v. par·a·graphed, par·a·graph·ing, par·a·graphs

To divide or arrange into paragraphs.

Another Bills fan on this board that can't read. I didn't say I enjoy the way things are being run. I just said that I am tired of all the negativity. I don't think it is productive or interesting at all. Fine, complain all you want, but to constantly whine about everything the team does or fails to do just gets old. I agree that people have a right to their opinions, just as I do. What I was saying is that this forum tends to be excessively negative and it gets boring.

We understand, or at least I do. People are reacting to your title "Tired of all the Negativity" because it sounds like you just want everyone to be happy with what's been going on. Personally, I would fire Russ Brandon in two seconds if I ever was in control of the Bills and would have lost money to overpay for a GM and Coach before I would've hired Nix and Gailey after the disasters of the last 10 years. I am VERY angry and so I guess that qualifies as negative. But I was born in 1961 and remember living and dying with every Bills game since about 1970... as I still do. Am I mad? You bet I am. Am I negative? I guess so, since I'm so mad. But am I a "bad Bills fan"? I don't think so. I believe your post gave the impression to some that you were "calling them out" for feeling as I do.

I read your post. You said that the fans should enjoy losing. Well there is losing and then there is being totally lost. Sitting through a Bills games and watching the complete incompetence is not like a 34-31 loss where both teams played great and on that day the better team won. Year after year this team gets worse and the way they go about it is totally embarassing. Calling fans ignorant for ridiculing the Bills is ignorant in itself. Your CHOSEN profession tells you to keep in a straight line and keep your mouth shut. I have never and will never subscribe to that mentality and I don't feel the need to credential what I do for a living.

So while you are entitled to your opinion, I find your "rose colored glasses" attitude a thousand times more offensive than someone pointing out the fact that the Bills suck in a negative tone.

When a team loses through complacency, it will constantly search for new and more intricate explanations to explain away defeat.

-Pat Riley