2 positives for Nix and Gailey

abqmarko

Buddy,

They say you are a football guy... period, you dont care abou ticket sales, etc. GREAT thats what Brandon is for.

Good luck...

If you listen to Scott Pioli he STRONGLY considered Chan Gailey for the KC job but felt it would be a hire that wouldnt sell tickets. Pioli has been widely successfull wih NE and was a cornerstone of their Superbowls along with their hall of fame HC. (There have been several other coaches and GM's who think very highly of Gailey as a HC, he's just not the popular choice right now).

If thats the case for me it lessens the questions I have had about the Gailey hire slightly, If Pioli made the decision NOT to hire Gailey based on ticket sales, but felt he was a great HC candidaite, maybe, just maybe, Buddy did what we havent seen in a long time. Someone making a sound decision.

Sure theres a few guys who turned down interviews and several who wanted interviews but were turned down by Buddy. In the end it appears to me he made a decison based on winning games and going with his instincts, lets hope he's right.

Piece of advice....when writing a letter to someone, it's best to stick with one narrative point of view.

I'm not writing an editorial to the Buffalo news so get off the high horse. It obviously started off in narrative fashion...for the first sentence

Good points, abqmarko.

If the Bills had hired Pioli and the brought in Chan, everyone would be saying this must be a genius move no one else was smart enough to make.

If the Bills had hired Cowher as the head coach, and he hired Chan to revamp the offense, everyone would be happy as hell.

Buddy,

They say you are a football guy... period, you dont care abou ticket sales, etc. GREAT thats what Brandon is for.

Good luck...

If you listen to Scott Pioli he STRONGLY considered Chan Gailey for the KC job but felt it would be a hire that wouldnt sell tickets. Pioli has been widely successfull wih NE and was a cornerstone of their Superbowls along with their hall of fame HC. (There have been several other coaches and GM's who think very highly of Gailey as a HC, he's just not the popular choice right now).

If thats the case for me it lessens the questions I have had about the Gailey hire slightly, If Pioli made the decision NOT to hire Gailey based on ticket sales, but felt he was a great HC candidaite, maybe, just maybe, Buddy did what we havent seen in a long time. Someone making a sound decision.

Sure theres a few guys who turned down interviews and several who wanted interviews but were turned down by Buddy. In the end it appears to me he made a decison based on winning games and going with his instincts, lets hope he's right.

You'd think the best way to sell tickets is to win football games.

Reading the replies to this and other posts, it seems we have become a rather rude group of piss-offs.

I can only hope we get a January thaw.

Probably truth to that, but this post followed this post within 15 minutes. Same point, same style...what's the point?

I'm going back into my hole now.

Probably truth to that, but this post followed this post within 15 minutes. Same point, same style...what's the point?

I'm going back into my hole now.

I was commenting in general, not singling anyone out. I wasn't even just speaking about this thread.

Maybe when you come out of your hole, you will not see your shadow. :rolleyes: