Is Anyone Out There Outraged???

Beerstm

ESPN- Seattle and Buffalo choose two former College coaches to lead their teams. However, the names Pete Carroll and Chan Galey just don't sound the same (add laughter).

My sense is that while even true fans may be disappointed that we did not hire one of the past SB winners on the market, they also realize that Pete Carroll was not all that impressive in terms of results as a pro coach (somewhere around .500 I think in multiple seasons with 1 playoff appearance) while Gailey made the playoffs both years he HCed the Boys.

Even in his .500 season he led the Boys to the division championship.

I think most fans look at Carroll who ran out of USC just ahead of pretty possible NCAA sanctions and laugh if they are yucking it up about a coaching hire.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN- Seattle and Buffalo choose two former College coaches to lead their teams. However, the names Pete Carroll and Chan Galey just don't sound the same (add laughter).

Headline News- A bill board doesn't buy what it used to. The Bills fans pulled thier resources to try to get Cowher, but landed Chan Galey. But have been a clearence advertisement.

NFL network- laughing at Nix for saying there were 15 calls from coaches who wanted to be in Buffalo, but somehow they actually answered when Chan called LOL.

Charlotte, NC radio- fans calling in just mocking this decision blaming it on the cold weather and the snow.

Charlotte Sports TV news- In other news, the Bills lost out on Cowher and had to settle for Chan. What else do you expect from a team that has to leave the country to find fans. *laughing "Maybe Canadians will think Galey is Cowher."

These are just a few reports I have seen. Other TV clips have been of Nix just sounding foolish. When Nix made his little comment about Buffalo not being Oakland, the newscaster said, "Your right Buddy. People actually want to live and work in Oakland, even if it is for Al."

I'm known as a Bills fan. My office is full of Buffalo Bills stuff. I'm embarassed to evern be associated with this mess. What a slap in the face.

What I don't understand is that some of you foolish fans will be more upset at this post, than what happend today @ One Bills Drive.

For those Spelling and Grammer Nazi's on TBD, I have made several spelling and gramatical mistkes in this post. Can you find them?

My point: True Bills fans shouls be embarased and insulted by what has taken place this year @ One Bills Drive.

I'm not embarassed nor insulted. Marv Levy had Jauron type numbers at KC before coming to the Bills. That's the thing about the NFL is that you never know how things are going to pan out, sometimes you need the players. Gailey may turn out to be a bust, but we don't know.

What is embarassing and insulting is the way Ralph Wilson gets treated by certain so called fans. Without Ralph you would be on some other board crying about some other team and owner. It may be popular to bash Ralph Wilson but it just isn't right.

Had good teams in the 60's (Ralph according to my research actually loaned money to the raiders and patriots and is credited for saving the AFL), descent teams in the late 70's early 80's ,and great teams in the late 80's early 90's, these all before the salary cap. I don't think the man is cheap. Better business man than you for sure and despite his age intellectually is probably much smarter too.....

I live in Charlotte. My desk is littered with Bills stuff. The guy that sits next to me is a Bills fan too. People laughed out loud at us today.

LAUGHED OUT LOUD.

I live in Concord I don't hear them Panthers fans laughin about much these days.

Headline News- A bill board doesn't buy what it used to. The Bills fans pulled thier resources to try to get Cowher, but landed Chan Galey. But have been a clearence advertisement.

NFL network- laughing at Nix for saying there were 15 calls from coaches who wanted to be in Buffalo, but somehow they actually answered when Chan called LOL.

Charlotte, NC radio- fans calling in just mocking this decision blaming it on the cold weather and the snow.

Charlotte Sports TV news- In other news, the Bills lost out on Cowher and had to settle for Chan. What else do you expect from a team that has to leave the country to find fans. *laughing "Maybe Canadians will think Galey is Cowher."

These are just a few reports I have seen. Other TV clips have been of Nix just sounding foolish. When Nix made his little comment about Buffalo not being Oakland, the newscaster said, "Your right Buddy. People actually want to live and work in Oakland, even if it is for Al."

I'm known as a Bills fan. My office is full of Buffalo Bills stuff. I'm embarassed to evern be associated with this mess. What a slap in the face.

What I don't understand is that some of you foolish fans will be more upset at this post, than what happend today @ One Bills Drive.

For those Spelling and Grammer Nazi's on TBD, I have made several spelling and gramatical mistkes in this post. Can you find them?

My point: True Bills fans shouls be embarased and insulted by what has taken place this year @ One Bills Drive.

Maybe its not the best hire but we could have done alot worse. At least we have a coach who will develop QBs and the OL. We will finally be able to put points on the board which beats DJ trying to win games 6-3 but failing all of the time. Give Chan some time and he will succeed. That is the current state of the team.

Charlotte is coming around. The Center city is far more than a "couple of parking garages surrounded by suburbs". It's actually a very nice city to live in. But the social fabric of the city is not sewn tight like it is in Buffalo, because nobody in Charlotte is originally FROM Charlotte.

...and there is NO good pizza here.

Aint that the truth first thing I get when I go back to Corning for a visit is pizza.

I'm not embarassed nor insulted. Marv Levy had Jauron type numbers at KC before coming to the Bills. That's the thing about the NFL is that you never know how things are going to pan out, sometimes you need the players. Gailey may turn out to be a bust, but we don't know.

What is embarassing and insulting is the way Ralph Wilson gets treated by certain so called fans. Without Ralph you would be on some other board crying about some other team and owner. It may be popular to bash Ralph Wilson but it just isn't right.

Had good teams in the 60's (Ralph according to my research actually loaned money to the raiders and patriots and is credited for saving the AFL), descent teams in the late 70's early 80's ,and great teams in the late 80's early 90's, these all before the salary cap. I don't think the man is cheap. Better business man than you for sure and despite his age intellectually is probably much smarter too.....

Ok.. right. Get a grip! Quit looking in the past. Ralph did a good getting Kemp. Levy is so much like Chan. He have the same misguided logic that got Obams elected. I bet you even voted for Obama. You still waiting for him to give you a job? Buy you a house? How is that working for you.

Wake up! It's ok to expect greatness. It's ok to expect to win and succeed. The Bills have not been a successful team for years. And it starts at the top!

They've been laughing at this team my whole life. I'm 37 years old. So what's new? Of course it pisses me off, but not as much as it used to.

Were you aware of football and the Bills when you were 17 - 20 years old?? 1990 to 1993. None of the AFC teams and their fans were laughing at the Buffalo Bills then, since the Bills won the AFC Championship all 4 of those consecutive seasons. Sure they lost all 4 SB's, and I suppose there were many idiots around the country who laughed at that fact. But some knowlegable fans have admired the fact those Bills teams went to 4 straight SB's, something no other franchise in SB history has ever done. After those amazing years, when you were 21 to 26 years old, from 1994 to 1999, I don't remember those Bills teams being all that "laughable" either. The Bills made the playoffs in 4 of those 6 seasons, and they were still fun to watch under Wade Phillips' great defenses and crazy Doug Flutie running around getting wins.

We can go back farther if you like. Did you understand football and watch the Bills when you were just a kid, from 7 to 10 years old? I did - I remember the Bills all the way back to when I was about 5 or 6 years old. Anyway, if you were a young fan during those 4 seasons, you would have enjoyed Chuck Knox and his number one defense in the NFL win the AFC East in 1980, and then make the playoffs again in 1981. The 1982 season was interrupted by a big strike, and his Bills fell apart after the strike ended to finish out of the playoffs at 4-5-0. But the were still good even that season, and the next season, 1983, they still went 8-8-0 and nobody was "laughing at them" during even that season under Kay Stephenson.

So sure, the Bills have had a lot of bad years during your lifetime, but you are conveniently leaving out the good years.

Wow, two born losers! It doesn't matter if you win or lose right.... It just matters how drunk you get eh?

Try expecting greatness.... It's quite rewarding.

How's that working out for you?

Ever visit the Tavern in Fort Mill? Great Bills backers club there!

Used to go there regularly. Paul Bussman runs the show. I also occasionally go to Tavern on the tracks. We used to go to Township.

I live near Carowinds so Tavern at Fort Mill is a short drive for us.

I live in Concord I don't hear them Panthers fans laughin about much these days.

I didn't say anything about Panthers fans. Panthers fans are actually few and far between in my office. In my department we have a Pats fan, two steelers fans, a jets fan, a redskins fans, and two Bills fans (myself included).

Ok.. right. Get a grip! Quit looking in the past. Ralph did a good getting Kemp. Levy is so much like Chan. He have the same misguided logic that got Obams elected. I bet you even voted for Obama. You still waiting for him to give you a job? Buy you a house? How is that working for you.

Wake up! It's ok to expect greatness. It's ok to expect to win and succeed. The Bills have not been a successful team for years. And it starts at the top!

You realize the political crap kills any point you have. Trust this: "You probably listen to Rush, are an older white guy who's worst fear is change or a person who is different, and never had an original thought in your life." See it goes both way and neither has a thing to do with the Bills. Keep that garbage to another place.

I'd be happy to sling back and all the folks that live in Charlotte...I've been there. I think the city sucks...it may be sunny and warm... but it ends there for me...it is one of the only cities I have been to that I would be very happy to never see again, its a giant waste of space.

The important issue we face is...why has it taken 50 years for people to realize Wilson is a terrible owner? Was it convenient to forgot all those horrible seasons in the 80s? The highlight of one 2-14 season was an 80 yeard run by Greg Bell...to beat Dallas 14-3. The Super Bowl years were a grace from god...or Bill Polian...

I am will to take a shot at Biddy Nix and Chan Gailey...I've given a chance to everyone else...why not two guys with actual track records? How is Cowher any better...you know why he won? He had Big Ben...he also had an owner that kept him around for YEARS without having won a super bowl title.

Ignore the pundits...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha lose the avatar

I'd be happy to sling back and all the folks that live in Charlotte...I've been there. I think the city sucks...it may be sunny and warm... but it ends there for me...it is one of the only cities I have been to that I would be very happy to never see again, its a giant waste of space.

Wow, a whole city, a waste of space. Kinda harsh.