(OT) Anybody check out last nights...

USMCBillsFan

wasnt impressed this week.

VERY sad story, but I'm sorry, Alot of people lose a father/husband. It was nice that they rebuilt their house that was falling apart, but fix up their 20 acres, to give them two $25,000+ vehicles, and a 60,000 sq foot barn, plus a $60,000 trust fund??? come on!

The family the week before had 2 deaf parents and a blind autistic son, who could "read" the parents sign language by feeling their hands. And they didnt even get one extra square foot added to their home..

Sorry, I love the show, but this week's was lame.

VERY sad story, but I'm sorry, Alot of people lose a father/husband. It was nice that they rebuilt their house that was falling apart, but fix up their 20 acres, to give them two $25,000+ vehicles, and a 60,000 sq foot barn, plus a $60,000 trust fund??? come on!

The family the week before had 2 deaf parents and a blind autistic son, who could "read" the parents sign language by feeling their hands. And they didnt even get one extra square foot added to their home..

129236[/snapback]

Now I was crying with th efamily the week before...that was a great show...didn't catch how the father died in this weeks episode

I read somewhere that the local community gave a lot to this because the farm had been in that family for a couple of generations. There were many local business that also donated and the show's producers felt that everything donated should be passed on to that family, not given to others. That's probably why they kept mentioning "saving" another American icon, the "family farm"

129236[/snapback]

Steve, a lot of what they got this week was donated not by the show but the community. All the hay and such was donated. The house wasn't quite as extravagant as others have been and that's why I think the fields and such were done. I think it all worked out about even in the end.

Steve, a lot of what they got this week was donated not by the show but the community. All the hay and such was donated. The house wasn't quite as extravagant as others have been and that's why I think the fields and such were done. I think it all worked out about even in the end.

129285[/snapback]

It's also probably an issue with feasibility (they are doing this in 7 days!) and permits, etc.

Extreme Makeover farm belongs to grandma; her home was hidden with hay.

The Bakersfield Californian flings crap at the walls of the new house constructed on last night's episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, suggesting that Jennifer Elcano and her kids didn't need some of the things they were given. The paper's gripe: "the property south of Bakersfield is actually owned by Linda, not Jennifer. All of the new irrigation systems, all of the improvements on the Elcano farm -- including the new house and barn -- are owned by the family matriarch, not Glen Elcano's widow." And the kids' grandmother "owns the land outright, so it's in no danger of being lost to creditors or corporate interests." On the show, Ty framed some of the improvements as helping to keep the farm alive. Reporter Steven Mayer has to squeeze this out of Linda, who says, "It's kind of a touchy subject. I don't want to sour things." More interestingly, the paper reveals that "Linda Elcano's modest home, which is adjacent to the new house, was hidden by dozens of hay bales stacked up by the TV crew. Apparently they didn't want it showing on camera."