Let's give these guys the benefit of the doubt for now

BobbyC81

I know it's very disappointing when we hoped for someone like Cowher, Gruden, Shanahan to be hired but let's give Nix and Gailey some time to prove themselves.

Let's see what happens with the draft, free agency and how the team does for like the 1st half of the 2010 season.

I admit some bias when Nix was promoted to GM and Gailey mentioned as top candidate for head coach as to them being Bubbas from the South. Then I thought about how the South knows football. They live and breathe football.

Gailey has been successful and has a better resume than Gregg Williams, Mularkey & Jauron did when they were hired. In fact I think he has a better resume than Levy did when he was hired as Bills' HC.

Gailey took the Cowboys to the playoffs in both seasons as their head coach.

So, again, I suggest giving this new regime some time to gain our confidence.

Thank you thank you!! I would like to see the coaching staff he puts together. Who will be the D coach? Lets let the draft shake out and then we will see what we have. Don't forget there will be players that are on the active roster who don't fit Gailey's style and there will be free agent players who do. I expect the 2010 Bills to look nothing like we have been a custom to. Keep your heads up Bills fans!!

I know it's very disappointing when we hoped for someone like Cowher, Gruden, Shanahan to be hired but let's give Nix and Gailey some time to prove themselves.

Let's see what happens with the draft, free agency and how the team does for like the 1st half of the 2010 season.

I admit some bias when Nix was promoted to GM and Gailey mentioned as top candidate for head coach as to them being Bubbas from the South. Then I thought about how the South knows football. They live and breathe football.

Gailey has been successful and has a better resume than Gregg Williams, Mularkey & Jauron did when they were hired. In fact I think he has a better resume than Levy did when he was hired as Bills' HC.

Call me crazy, but I liked the Nix pick for GM. I like his experience, I like where he comes from football wise, I really like his attitude.

Gailey--I am fine with his pick. It's his show to run. He obviously would have wanted Marty ball first, but he picked someone that he knew and had experience. I agree with Gailey that being on the same page is important. We have not been there in a long, long, time.

I find it ironic that when Ralph promoted Bill Polian to GM, everyone hated that move too. When Polian hired Levy, same thing. Polian did the same thing Nix did--hired someone that he agreed with and knew.

After reading this message board the last few weeks, I am thinking anything the majority of Bills fans don't like is a good thing.

He has the best resume of any Bills head coach comming in here since Chuck Knox.

When will you and other stupid Bills fans understand that your blind loyality and "giving them the benefit of the doubt" is why they choose Chan in the first place.

Brandon and the boys know that you stupid fans will shell out the money and fill the stadium to watch an 8-8 team. I can't believe to what extent some of you enable this FO suck to badly.

When will you and other stupid Bills fans understand that your blind loyality and "giving them the benefit of the doubt" is why they choose Chan in the first place.

Brandon and the boys know that you stupid fans will shell out the money and fill the stadium to watch an 8-8 team. I can't believe to what extent some of you enable this FO suck to badly.

I can't believe how much energy you waste protesting something you have no control over. You think a guy like Buddy Nix waits his entire career to be given the keys to a franchise--just to be told he has to hire someone that a jack ass fan thinks will do a good job?

I will take Buddy Nix and his experience over any blow hard fan's opinion. Any day. He has his guy--I know he can pick talent. I think they get the job done.

Gailey will make this work. Looking at his resume he's definitely got the credentials. He develops players. This team needs development. He can adapt well with what he has to work with. This team doesnt have much to work with. Gailey is the right man for the job.

I can't believe how much energy you waste protesting something you have no control over. You think a guy like Buddy Nix waits his entire career to be given the keys to a franchise--just to be told he has to hire someone that a jack ass fan thinks will do a good job?

I will take Buddy Nix and his experience over any blow hard fan's opinion. Any day. He has his guy--I know he can pick talent. I think they get the job done.

Excellent response.

Anyone who doesn't agree with Gailey as head coach has several options. They can stop following the Bills. They can stop going to the games or watching the Bills on NFL Ticket. Not much is gained by whining about it.

:thumbsup: Haha, although I wouldn't have said it as attacking. But seriously, I gave the FO the benefit of the doubt when Gregg Williams was hired over Fox and Lewis. Strike 1. I gave the FO the benefit of the doubt when a nobody named Mularkey became HC. Strike 2. I begrudgingly, gave the FO the benefit of the doubt when Dick Jauron was hired after years of failure. Strike 3. There's only so many times you can pee in my face, tell me it's lemonade, and expect me to soak it up. This FO has no proven track record and therefore, are not afforded any more "benefit of the doubts". Chan Gailey. Chan FREAKIN' Gailey. Enough said...

:thumbsup: Haha, although I wouldn't have said it as attacking. But seriously, I gave the FO the benefit of the doubt when Gregg Williams was hired over Fox and Lewis. Strike 1. I gave the FO the benefit of the doubt when a nobody named Mularkey became HC. Strike 2. I begrudgingly, gave the FO the benefit of the doubt when Dick Jauron was hired after years of failure. Strike 3. There's only so many times you can pee in my face, tell me it's lemonade, and expect me to soak it up. This FO has no proven track record and therefore, are not afforded any more "benefit of the doubts". Chan Gailey. Chan FREAKIN' Gailey. Enough said...

You keep saying this front office. This front office is like a week old. Williams and Mularkey were Tom Donahoe's hires--remember TD? He was a sexy pick.

DJ was Marv's hire. Marv was another pick the fans loved.

Like I said in my first post in this thread. Anything the majority of the fans are against, I am for.

Call me crazy, but I liked the Nix pick for GM.

Gailey--I am fine with his pick.

YOU'RE CRAZY!!

This is just the type of mentality that has kept the Bills losers for years and years. There are so many people content with mediocrity it is overwhelming my senses. Go buy season tickets now because you only have a couple more years to subsidize the this clueless owner before the team leaves town.

This is for everybody who think Nix and Gailey will make the Bills Superbowl contenders - you are wrong!

I'll bet on it.

YOU'RE CRAZY!!

This is just the type of mentality that has kept the Bills losers for years and years. There are so many people content with mediocrity it is overwhelming my senses. Go buy season tickets now because you only have a couple more years to subsidize the this clueless owner before the team leaves town.

This is for everybody who think Nix and Gailey will make the Bills Superbowl contenders - you are wrong!

I'll bet on it.

Like I said (you left out that part, ironically), I bet if you were alive and followed the Bills, I am sure you would have been one of the fans bitching about Polian and Levy. We were coming off a much worse stretch then.

Guest dog14787

I'm going to try to stay positive, my bro liked the hire and he's generally right more often than not.

YOU'RE CRAZY!!

This is just the type of mentality that has kept the Bills losers for years and years.

Unlike yourself, I do not believe my opinion has any effect on whether the Bills are successful or not.

I would love it if I was the GM, but alas--I get paid for an entirely different expertise.